Now suspended through July 2020

TSUmom

3 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I just saw at the top of NCL's site they have suspended cruises through July 2020.  Guess I will have to wait a few more weeks for August to be canceled.

Right there next to you waiting. Mine is NYC Aug. 9.

4 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I just saw at the top of NCL's site they have suspended cruises through July 2020.  Guess I will have to wait a few more weeks for August to be canceled.

Finally - can apply for a refund June 8 to June 19th.  Since the ban by the CDC is still on and our cruise is leaving from Vancouver we were fairly certain it wasn't going to sail. 

For those of you still waiting, I was told by a PCC that NCL has said that they plan to give at least 30 days notice.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Finally - can apply for a refund June 8 to June 19th.  Since the ban by the CDC is still on and our cruise is leaving from Vancouver we were fairly certain it wasn't going to sail. 

For those of you still waiting, I was told by a PCC that NCL has said that they plan to give at least 30 days notice.  

Ours is a Seward to Vancouver and I am certain it will be a no go also.  

2 hours ago, yankees111 said:

How long before a certain someone who shall remain nameless comes on this thread and announces that he has a good feeling cruises will resume on August 1st!😂😂😂😂😂

You have 111 as opposed to 11. You win!

And to NCL I ask, how were you in good conscience selling first week of July cruises up until about a week ago?   Oh wait.  I guess it was not in good conscience...but only to get an interest free 90 day loan from your unsuspecting customers, you being totally aware that they would  not be sailing.    I see you are still selling August 4th cruises.  Doing it again???

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roger001 said:

And to NCL I ask, how were you in good conscience selling first week of July cruises up until about a week ago?   Oh wait.  I guess it was not in good conscience...but only to get an interest free 90 day loan from your unsuspecting customers, you being totally aware that they would  not be sailing.    I see you are still selling August 4th cruises.  Doing it again???

I agree with you that it would be better if these cruises were not open for booking. But people also need to make informed and responsible decisions. I don’t know who in their right mind would book a new cruise now for this summer, unless they are just looking to convert their cash to a 125% FCC and hope NCL is around long enough for them to use it. 

6 hours ago, TSUmom said:

Not surprised at all. I wouldn't count on any cruises going out of the more infected areas (NYC) for the rest of the year

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I agree with you that it would be better if these cruises were not open for booking. But people also need to make informed and responsible decisions. I don’t know who in their right mind would book a new cruise now for this summer, unless they are just looking to convert their cash to a 125% FCC and hope NCL is around long enough for them to use it. 

Only a very small number of cruisers are on an information site like CC.  Yes, if any of us book, then we should know what you're getting.  However, a huge number of potential cruisers shopping are relying on and trusting that the advertised merchandise, as so openly marketed by NCL, a major and trusted corporation, is legit.  No different than Target or any other merchant, when advertising and selling a product, then expecting that as  truthful advertising.  NCL is just flat legally stealing from many folks.  

Edited by roger001
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Only a very small number of cruisers are on an information site like CC.  Yes, if any of us book, then we should know what you're getting.  However, a huge number of potential cruisers shopping are relying on and trusting that the advertised merchandise, as so openly marketed by NCL, a major and trusted corporation, is legit.  

No one has to be on a site like CC to know that we are in the midst of a global pandemic, that the virus is highly contagious, that it can be deadly, that there are no proven, widespread treatments, and that there is no vaccine and certainly won’t be one available this summer. That’s what I meant by people being responsible for making informed decisions about their own travel. 

Again, I agree with you that the cruise lines should not be marketing these near term cruises. 

• Like 1

I got my letter this morning and I am opting for getting my money as I am battling thyroid cancer right now.  Even though I expect to kick this as it's one of the most curable cancers to beat it's a long process which lowers your immune system so going to be quite a while before I feel safe.

What I don't understand is why we have to wait a couple of weeks to fill out the form?  If they don't have time to process mine now because others are in front of me fine... but why can't I fill it out now?  Do they think in two weeks I will change my mind or are they just trying to hang onto my money for a little longer?

I love NCL and will cruise with them in the future but...  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

why ? do you see a july cruise booked in my sig? 

No, but I do hate seeing your hopes dashed month after month.  Maybe August will happen! 🤞

Edited by pcakes122
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

No, but but do I hate seeing your hopes dashed month after month.  Maybe August will happen! 🤞

maybe i should spend my time trolling that i had covid . 😊

i already stated august seems to be the real start up month . and that i dont feel good about NCL. 

Edited by seaman11

5 hours ago, yankees111 said:

How long before a certain someone who shall remain nameless comes on this thread and announces that he has a good feeling cruises will resume on August 1st!😂😂😂😂😂

Eventually he will be right!

• Haha 1

Just now, seaman11 said:

i actually beleived you , but im not so sure you caught it onboard a ship. 

That's not even the issue (although I detailed in another thread that I did catch it on the ship - from my own friend & travel buddy who'd had what her doctor thought was "strep throat".)  The fact is that I had it WHILE I was on the ship so I surely infected others 😞  The temperature check at debarkation didn't detect it either because I never had a fever the whole time. (To be technically accurate, I did have what they call a "low grade fever" for a few days - like 99 - but not the high fevers they were talking about on the news.)  BTW, my friend had no fever getting on the ship - they checked us at embarkation also.

• Like 1