This is why no on knows when we will cruise again

Mrdodgy

8 hours ago, ccsclean21 said:

when a person sneezes or cough their vapors can go up to 2 metres,  do I need to say more,  get rid of queuing.

I understand your point, but aren't sneezed vapors airborne?  They have to fly through the air in order to land where ever....

Our Surgeon General has repeatedly explained that, "I wear a mask to protect you.  You wear a mask to protect me."  So in theory, by your example, a person who is infected and sneezes in a line of people is protecting others by wearing a mask when they sneeze.

Mask wearing is mixed in our area.  I don't wear one when I'm outside but there is a stigma developing in that if you don't wear one in public then you must not care about others.  IDK...the whole thing is exhausting!

Stay well!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ccsclean21 said:

If you want to protect yourself then wear gloves as they will automatically stop you touching your face, just try it next time you are out, the normal thing is to use the back of your hand not your fingers as fingers are the things that have touched to contaminated surfaces.   

Sorry, don't mean to be a pest, but this is wrong too, according to our public health officials.  Not sure how a gloved hand will stop one from touching their face...by all reports (in our area, at least) gloved hands have the potential to do more to spread the virus than stop it.

It seems that in light of the demonstrations across our country, people are no longer worried about taking Covid precautions...much of that is out the window.  Will be interesting to see what happens next as it relates to the spread.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, seaman11 said:

not the song, i meant the name of the band. 

There is a band called Hotel California. You should learn how to search, band formed in 1986.

Edited by mugtech
Additional
  • Like 1

A gloved hand will make you more conscious not to touch your face. I deal with blood and faeces  and I wear gloves and even before I go into that environment and my gloves are still clean the gloves remind me not to touch any part of my head were as if I had no gloves I would be more. incline to touch or scratch my face.  

As for I don't care about other people, understand the virus first before saying that to anyone.  Medical professionals have been saying all along you don't need to wear the masks. My advice to you is stay out of queues.  People who don't care are the ones who have tested positive and still go shopping etc.   What do you do when you see someone sneeze or cough  you naturally give them a wide birth but that is impossible when you are stuck in a queue.   Save the masks for the first responders. I think this virus has been around since early last year as Hong Kong airport back in May 2019 pretty much all airport officials were wearing masks and gowns and they even had temperature sensing cameras and monitors set up on tables and checking peoples temperature, so what were they checking for back then? the common cold lol.   

40 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sorry, don't mean to be a pest, but this is wrong too, according to our public health officials.  Not sure how a gloved hand will stop one from touching their face...by all reports (in our area, at least) gloved hands have the potential to do more to spread the virus than stop it.

It seems that in light of the demonstrations across our country, people are no longer worried about taking Covid precautions...much of that is out the window.  Will be interesting to see what happens next as it relates to the spread.

Who told you that load of rubbish, a glove does more damaging by spreading the virus lol.  Maybe we shouldn't wear gloves anywhere especially the operating room as we might spread a bug. Gloves will make you more conscious to do the right thing like don't touch face.  I see people wearing masks and they are contaminating themselves by touching the mask and by removing it for a couple of seconds.  If you have one on dam well leave it on maybe stick some duck tape across your face and mask so you remember not to remove it.  Believe me if this virus was airborne I'd be wearing a full environment suit but it's not and if you even just have a slight cough or runny nose then wear one and better still stay at home and arrange to get tested and when you are in lockdown stay in lockdown that is the best way to beat this vicious virus and hope we can all cruise again and see each others countries but that will not happen while people are breaching the lockdown laws    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I understand your point, but aren't sneezed vapors airborne?  They have to fly through the air in order to land where ever....

Our Surgeon General has repeatedly explained that, "I wear a mask to protect you.  You wear a mask to protect me."  So in theory, by your example, a person who is infected and sneezes in a line of people is protecting others by wearing a mask when they sneeze.

Mask wearing is mixed in our area.  I don't wear one when I'm outside but there is a stigma developing in that if you don't wear one in public then you must not care about others.  IDK...the whole thing is exhausting!

Stay well!

There is no stigma here plus we followed the rules and did as we were told and now we are pretty much wiping it out here in Australia and there was only about 10 cases in the whole country. There are about 2.5 mil people recovered and only about 10 cases who have it now so far. We are told that New Zealand and Australia are planning on opening the borders to the two countries so people can holiday at each others countries.   So far New Zealand and Australia are getting in control of the virus.   I can only hope America can beat the virus. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

Can you please elaborate on your statistics and math calculations? If you acknowledge that the number of cases is up due to reopening, what would lead you to conclude that they will come down next week or shortly?  If you are trying to apply the theory.of "what goes up must come down", that is physics and doesn't work on communicable diseases.

https://covidusa.net/?autorefresh=1&state=Virginia

If you see this graph from my state as an example,, you see a spike in daily cases  as the state opened things up.  Now we see the last few days the numbers coming down. 

what is your theory that cases will spike and stay up?. 

Edited by seaman11

12 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Stay well!

When someone sneezes or coughs it is definitely airborne but when people do sneeze or coughs and u are walking towards them u naturally steer well away from them and it is usually a lot more than 2 metres but if you are in a queue then you are a sitting target.  There are doctors who wear all the PPE 's and they follow all the strictest requirements and some of them have caught it so you just wearing a face mask is not going to save you and if you make a unknowingly mistake while wearing the mask then you want to hope you weren't near an infected person.  What I do when I go to the shops, I don't get into queues and I get in an get what I need then get out as quick as possible then when I get home I immediately head to the bathroom and wash my hands with warm soap and water and while i am waiting for the hot tap to warm up I scrub my hands with a disinfecting soap and by doing this you are giving the antibacterial soap time to work before washing the soap off and if you did touch your face by accident then wash your face.  If you eat out then before you even touch the food wash your hands.  But I wouldn't eat out at the moment as you are in around a few people so take it home and have. The word is don't linger.   People went mad buying hand sanitizers.  "What a joke" then they would wander " linger" around the shops thinking they are protected and picking things up, touching things in the stores and guess what the first thing they touched just broke the protective barrier. False sense of security and sore and cracked hands making it easy for any type of bacteria to gain entry to your body.   . What do you do in a war you get to know your enemy and this virus is the enemy.  This virus has a shell and you have to break down that shell before you can successfully kill it that is why your hand sanitizer has around 60% to 70% and no more than 70% and no less than 60% because if you have too high a percentage of alcohol it dries off to fast and does not get the time to go to work braking the barriers that virus has and too little of a percentage well you might as well just drink it because it won't work. All through this I have not used face masks but have used gloves a couple of times when I was in a high risk areas and always washed my hands regularly and do not touch anything in the house till you have thoroughly wash those hands.  If I was in America I wouldn't step out side my door until the virus was reducing because what I have been reading it is a mess and I feel sorry for the innocent party who are doing the right thing. forget about your rights to freedom at the moment because obviously this bug is walking all over you lot and winning.  Don't let it beat you. America is a great nation and very proud but at the moment you are doing what this virus wants and that is to mingle. 

23 hours ago, ccsclean21 said:

There is no stigma here plus we followed the rules and did as we were told and now we are pretty much wiping it out here in Australia and there was only about 10 cases in the whole country. There are about 2.5 mil people recovered and only about 10 cases who have it now so far. We are told that New Zealand and Australia are planning on opening the borders to the two countries so people can holiday at each others countries.   So far New Zealand and Australia are getting in control of the virus.   I can only hope America can beat the virus. 

Wishful thinking.  Following rules and doing what we're told is not the American way.  That's why we won't beat the virus anytime soon. 🙄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

P & O Cruises just cancelled out of UK until 10/15/20.

This has been on the cards  for a long time. All cruise lines are going to have to follow 

There will riots if big cruise ships come here - we have a two week quarantine period and we do not want  mass crowds as we come out of this virus.

UK is closed for cruises this summer

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 3:04 PM, seaman11 said:

https://covidusa.net/?autorefresh=1&state=Virginia

If you see this graph from my state as an example,, you see a spike in daily cases  as the state opened things up.  Now we see the last few days the numbers coming down. 

Ahhhh... no. A spike associated with opening would be delayed a week for the virus to become active. 

Virginia (northern) has been the scoff laws of the country, ignoring social distancing and mask wearing requirements. The DMV continues to be the hot spot in the country. The spike you are seeing is increased "free" testing that is allowing more people to be tested and found to be positive. 

3 hours ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

Will every activity be by reservation only, and will we have to make reservations to go to the pool?

Yes. And you need a reservation to go to the public loo so that there are no queues. 

even with 100 percent perfection on the ship, how can you protect anyone since many people get off at the ports. you cannot control people at the ports. impossible. 100% guarantee someone will bring it back on the ship that hasnt had it before. and i dont believe you show a temperature that quick do you? or if i'm infected on my way to the ship does it show up on any test just minutes after i get it? 

i just think any thing that happens on the ship is wasted effort once you get off at any port.  and no one has stated what the procedure is to get people home who have a temp. does the cruise line pay airfare and pack your stuff and send it to you and give you a refund? imagine being kicked off half way around the world and stranded. who wants that risk? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

even with 100 percent perfection on the ship, how can you protect anyone since many people get off at the ports. you cannot control people at the ports. impossible. 100% guarantee someone will bring it back on the ship that hasnt had it before. and i dont believe you show a temperature that quick do you? or if i'm infected on my way to the ship does it show up on any test just minutes after i get it? 

i just think any thing that happens on the ship is wasted effort once you get off at any port.  and no one has stated what the procedure is to get people home who have a temp. does the cruise line pay airfare and pack your stuff and send it to you and give you a refund? imagine being kicked off half way around the world and stranded. who wants that risk? 

That is a very good point,  I agree with you totally, what happens when you get to a port of call, that could be a problem and then if you have a temp coming back to the ship and you didn't have one when you left for the tour and started coming down by the end of the tour then what happens, does the ship refuse you back on and what about the bus load of people you were in contact with.   That was a very good comment you made and it has opened up a can of worms. 

10 hours ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

Will every activity be by reservation only, and will we have to make reservations to go to the pool?

You may. Our country club just opened the pool for the season and you need to go online to reserve a 2 hour slot to use the pool. Yes, it’s a nuisance, but I personally like it. Under normal conditions, the pool is packed during peak hours. It will be a nice change to go knowing that it won’t be packed and that I’ll have a place to lounge. 

On 5/31/2020 at 11:55 PM, ccsclean21 said:

I don't know why people are wearing masks, for one thing it's not airborne...

...when a person sneezes or cough their vapors can go up to 2 metres...

Respectfully, didn’t you contradict yourself there?

I also believe that you answered your own question. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1