Carnival shares

Dorset Cruiser

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

If you take a 10 day cruise you get $250 OBC so it gets to net zero even quicker 

Nope. It has to be 14 days or longer for $250.

OBC from CCL Stock

Sailings of 6 days or fewer $50

Sailings of 7 - 13 days $100

Sailings of 14 days or more $250

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 6:19 PM, WAMarathoner said:

We just sent a .pdf of our online Schwab statement to guestadmin@carnival.com for the proof.

2 hours ago, WAMarathoner said:

The email worked, but I got a message that our cruise is too far out.  The statement has to be within 3 months of the cruise.  I guess that makes sense.

It looks like the e-mail you sent didn't work.  Guest Administration at Carnival is not the department you need to send it to.  The information needs to be sent to Booking Support for Princess Cruises instead.  It sounds like you got somebody who doesn't know Carnival discontinued the 3 month rule years ago and didn't bother to send it on to Princess Booking Support.  May I suggest that you either fax it or mail it as suggested?  FYI, I mailed my request for a March 2021 cruise in October of 2019 and the OBC appeared in a few days.  It really sounds like you were given a bum steer.  Good Luck!

BTW, it's not unusual at all for Carnival employees to give out misinformation.  This is my biggest gripe about Princess - the answer you get is dependent on who you ask, what time of day it is and whether or not it will rain anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the UK one can email the Shareholder OBC request. In the US one has to either send it by FAX or by Snail Mail. faxzero.com is a free fax service. The relevant telephone numbers are below:

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info) – Address to Booking Support

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

38 minutes ago, Thrak said:

In the UK one can email the Shareholder OBC request. In the US one has to either send it by FAX or by Snail Mail. faxzero.com is a free fax service. The relevant telephone numbers are below:

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info) – Address to Booking Support

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

The most recent OBC announcement now also includes giving it to your TA as well.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Very odd. The 3 month thing used to be the limit but for the couple of years or so I have been able to submit my requests waaaaaaaaaaaaay far in advance. I have submitted shareholder requests more than a year out and had them applied immediately. I used to send the fax from work but now I use faxzero.com as I no longer do that "work" thing. I refared a cruise for next June which caused the shareholder OBC to fall off of the reservation (annoying how that always happens with a refare) so I just sent in a new request about 30 minutes ago. I just use a Word doc and I use the "snip" function of Windows 10 to snag what I need from my TD Ameritrade statement online. I include a snip from the Princess site with the cruise info, my contact info, and snips from the account statement. (The snip function allows me to black out my account number before pasting the info into the document.) I've never had an issue doing it this way.

image.png.ab89a3b775edc55e1ae7fe17fd7af081.png

Let me know how that works out (the time extension).

Maybe it is someone just trying to get rid of me :-).  Here's what I got:

Hello,

We apologize but we are unable to add this to your loyalty account due to we must have a shareholder statement within 3 months every time you sail with us. This ensures that you still own the stock.

Thank you,

Louis
Guest Admin
Carnival Cruise Line
Edited by WAMarathoner

42 minutes ago, WAMarathoner said:

Seems to have worked well. When I posted earlier that I had just sent in the Shareholder Request FAX the booking was only showing Future Cruise Deposit. The cruise sails May 24, 2021 which is still 353 days away. This is what is shows now:

image.png.c63da633d41de4b18012cdd9d75de760.png

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WAMarathoner said:

Hello,

We apologize but we are unable to add this to your loyalty account due to we must have a shareholder statement within 3 months every time you sail with us. This ensures that you still own the stock.

Thank you,

Louis
Guest Admin
Carnival Cruise Line

#1   Princess does not have a "Loyalty Account."  Princess' loyalty program is called "Captain's Circle" and shareholder on board credit has nothing to do with your Captain Circle account.

#2   Louis signed his e-mail from "Carnival Cruise Line."  You are dealing with the wrong cruise line company.  There is a difference between Carnival Corp and Carnival Cruise Line.  Again, I recommend that you either follow Thrak's advice to fax it, mail it for .55 or give it to your travel agent.  

There's a big difference between Carnival Cruise Line and Princess Cruise Line.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

I refared a cruise for next June which caused the shareholder OBC to fall off of the reservation (annoying how that always happens with a refare) so I just sent in a new request about 30 minutes ago.

image.png.ab89a3b775edc55e1ae7fe17fd7af081.png

The last time I refared and had the CCL OBC drop off, I called Princess (even though the booking is with a TA)  and the rep could see the history of the booking and thus that the OBC had been there. Then the rep reinstated the OBC  without my having to resubmit.

6 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Maybe the reinstituted  it.  Will let you know what happens here. Seems fair.

They had changed the old policy (must be within 3 months) because too many passengers wanting to use the OBC to book shore excursions (which used to not have to be paid for in advance) were not booking the excursions in advance anymore.

• Like 2

I'm not sure Princess pays attention to CCL's 90 day rule. I faxed it through to FaxZero.com (thank you, Thrax) and it was put on a 10 day August 9, 2021 cruise. (100 OBC) Had driven to Staples to put it on a 15 day April 9, 2021 cruise (250 OBC) but simple enough to do it to FaxZero on my phone 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, caribill said:

They had changed the old policy (must be within 3 months) because too many passengers wanting to use the OBC to book shore excursions (which used to not have to be paid for in advance) were not booking the excursions in advance anymore.

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm not sure Princess pays attention to CCL's 90 day rule. I faxed it through to FaxZero.com (thank you, Thrax) and it was put on a 10 day August 9, 2021 cruise. (100 OBC) Had driven to Staples to put it on a 15 day April 9, 2021 cruise (250 OBC) but simple enough to do it to FaxZero on my phone 

As caribill posted, Carnival Corp did away with the "90 day rule" as well as the need to download and use a form.  These were eliminated a long time ago but I've seen posts stating Princess in Australia keeps enforcing the 90 day rule even though it doesn't exist anymore.  Go figure...

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

As caribill posted, Carnival Corp did away with the "90 day rule" as well as the need to download and use a form.  These were eliminated a long time ago but I've seen posts stating Princess in Australia keeps enforcing the 90 day rule even though it doesn't exist anymore.  Go figure...

I do not know if the Carnival Corp brands other than Princess eliminated the 90 day rule.

9 minutes ago, caribill said:

I do not know if the Carnival Corp brands other than Princess eliminated the 90 day rule.

Attached is the current Carnival Corp Shareholder Benefit Announcement which covers all Carnival Corp's brands.  The only mentions of timelines are when you need to book and sail by and you cannot file less than 3 weeks prior to sailing.  (Princess isn't strictly enforcing the sail by date of July 31, 2021.)

Carnival Stock OBC Announcement.pdf

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Carnival stock price down 17 percent today!!!

A little bounce at the end.  Closed down 15.3%.  This is a HIGH RISK stock.  Only those who sold 1/2 after the double, and are now playing with house money, can rest easy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I hear Monday may be bad. Lets wait and see if there is another huge decline..i would not buy now.

Who are you hearing that from and what is their reasoning?  Why Monday?  

• Like 1

Dont recall but an analyst   when I did a search of ccl. He said there will be a bloodbath Monday with regard to the stock. He could be wrong and Do not know how reliable. Lets see what happens tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Dont recall but an analyst   when I did a search of ccl. He said there will be a bloodbath Monday with regard to the stock. He could be wrong and Do not know how reliable. Lets see what happens tomorrow. 

Makes no sense at all. The market is always pricing in all known information. If bad news was expected Monday, it would already by priced in. CCL is expected to report earnings for the latest quarter soon (not sure of the date). Earnings will be bad but if better than expected, price will probably rise as the bad new is already priced in. If worse than expected, than it should go down more.

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Looks like I was wrong.

No. Just off by 2 days. Went from 26.57 Tuesday to 16.86 Thursday before recovering some today so far. So a drop of a little more than a third. Who knows what it'll be at Monday?Stock is not for the faint of heart but it's great for OBC at the right price (if we get back to cruising)

Edited by Ombud