Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

22 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

An email.
I actually thought it was the monthly newsletter.

Here is a screen shot of part of it.

ABE25CFF-1CFE-44F8-BA93-6EB7CD4C263C.thumb.jpeg.87e7fb291472b4ae7487f8cde507d694.jpeg They then give phone numbers, in case you want to book a cruise.

I received the email too but the top part of my email just has a picture of 6 Celebrity ships at sea, no personal information 🙁

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

An email.
I actually thought it was the monthly newsletter.

Here is a screen shot of part of it.

ABE25CFF-1CFE-44F8-BA93-6EB7CD4C263C.thumb.jpeg.87e7fb291472b4ae7487f8cde507d694.jpeg They then give phone numbers, in case you want to book a cruise.

I finally got the e-mail but it was wrong.  I took a couple of cruises in a standard veranda cabin and it gave me 117 points and only 1 power up points for 27 nights.  It's really closer to 40 power up points.

Unfortunately, I trashed it without opening it thinking it was just another of their marketing pieces.  So who knows what mine said.  I know I didn't go on any cruises because all mine were cancelled.  As for PUPs, I can tell how many I got because I know how many I earned by actually cruising.  So, I guess no big loss.

6 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Unfortunately, I trashed it without opening it thinking it was just another of their marketing pieces.  So who knows what mine said.  I know I didn't go on any cruises because all mine were cancelled.  As for PUPs, I can tell how many I got because I know how many I earned by actually cruising.  So, I guess no big loss.

You can read it even if it is in your trash.  Just go to your trash folder

• Like 1

I did all of the PUP opportunities for both myself and DH. We each got the Year in Review emails. DH got 1 more point than I did! Go figure!🙄 The email also didn't include the points both of us earned from our sailing. The sailing points do show up in our total under Captains Club and in our sailing history.

Edited by Luvcrusn

53 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

I earned 35.  Did they offer PUP prior to 2021?  I ask because I have 61 points total, and have only been on one Celebrity cruise so far, not as a solo, and in an inside cabin.  No way I earned 26 points on that cruise.

Celebrity introduced the PUP offers in 2020. I believe early spring time (?). 

I just spent the better part of an hour on the phone with Captains Club questioning why my DH got an email showing he has 1 more PUP than I do. After the Captains Club rep looked into it thoroughly (she compared cruise by cruise for cruise points awarded and line by line for PUP activities completed they were identical. Apparently the only difference was in the email we received for the Year In Review. She said she was embarrassed by that error and we wished each other a great holiday and happy, healthy new year.

8 hours ago, kpark895 said:

I earned 35.  Did they offer PUP prior to 2021?  I ask because I have 61 points total, and have only been on one Celebrity cruise so far, not as a solo, and in an inside cabin.  No way I earned 26 points on that cruise.

Certain cruises gained double points, if booked during a promotion.

Our cruise earned us 51 points:

3 (balcony)  X 8 nights =24 points.

Double points for booking Silhouette on 30/04/21 = 48

+3 Points Go Green promotion.

Total 51 Captain’s Club points.

10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

DW and I received 1 email with no indication of who it is for.

I received an email - I think it is for DH congratulating whoever it was on earning 44 points.   I should have also received an email for myself, sent to a different email account.  By my recollection the second email should have had 3 more points than DH because I never signed him up to receive text messages from Celebrity.   I am still waiting for the second email.

With all of my attempts to do every survey twice, and watch every video on two different devices with two different accounts, I have ended up with 10 more points than DH.  That has put me above 300 points, he is still just below 300, but is also considered Elite, due to my hard work on his behalf.

I never thought that we would be able to earn so many points, never expected to get to Elite on the PUPs alone, I had only hoped it would put us closer to Elite.

Hopefully we will have a few more opportunities in the next 6 months or so.

23 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I skipped over the email too; but just opened it up.  I haven't participated in the Power Up program other than earning points for cruises...only 1 this year.  

Also, I don't understand one thing about the rewards program... Sky suites earn 8 per night..

Celebrity, Royal, Edge, Signature Sunset earn 12 per night.

Iconic, Reflection & Penthouse earn 18 per night.

The Celebrity suite is considered a lesser tier for perks on the ship but earn points as the same rate as the higher categories... Things that make you go hmmm

14 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Certain cruises gained double points, if booked during a promotion.

Our cruise earned us 51 points:

3 (balcony)  X 8 nights =24 points.

Double points for booking Silhouette on 30/04/21 = 48

+3 Points Go Green promotion.

Total 51 Captain’s Club points.

Thanks, but if I recall correctly, after that cruise I had a grand total of 7 points!  Which means that the PUP has given me quite a few points.  Between those points and the C&A match, I am actually at Select level currently.

10 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

I’ve earned 61 PUP points since Celebrity started it. Not bad for not cruising.

Sounds like you did quite a few Social Media ones.

I only did one, as I was inundated with Friend requests from people that I don’t know.

16 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Sounds like you did quite a few Social Media ones.

I only did one, as I was inundated with Friend requests from people that I don’t know.

I only did 1 social media PUP but I did watch all of the webinars which were quite good. I kept a log of my points and events. I just looked back at it and the PUP started on June 11/20.