Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I have just noticed a screenshot from a year ago. 
I have earned 40 Captains Club points via the PUP quizzes.

Certainly got us well on our way to Elite+,  which we reached yesterday , after our points from our recent cruise were added.

I did have to claim the ‘Go Green’ points though.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

Thanks for the laughs everyone, I will email Celebrity. It's very odd. We are sailing Azamara in October and joined their loyalty club with a status match. I noticed my points had reduced when I did this. Must have triggered something? I haven't done anything else. My next Celebrity cruise is over a year away. 

My husband also joined the Azamara club, and his balance is unchanged. 

I didn’t even have to sign up for Azamara’s loyalty club - I was automatically awarded the points I’ve accrued from X’s club.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Certainly got us well on our way to Elite+,  which we reached yesterday , after our points from our recent cruise were added.

I must remember to keep an eye out for those extra ‘Go Green’ points after our upcoming on Edge. 

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I must remember to keep an eye out for those extra ‘Go Green’ points after our upcoming on Edge. 

I have 2 cruises booked for January and cannot see where I sign up for Go green. I will need these points to  put me over the line to elite Plus

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Congratulations on reaching the lofty Elite + level.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oceancrusin said:

Thanks. Even though my next cruise will definitely bring us to Plus, without the extra points for Go Green, I've signed us up based on Celebrity's philosophy in offering this program.

PS- Hope that somehow there will be PUPs totaling 18 points before we board the Silhouette!

Edited by TMLAalum

4 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Thanks. Even though my next cruise will definitely bring us to Plus, without the extra points for Go Green, I've signed us up based on Celebrity's philosophy in offering this program.

PS- Hope that somehow there will be PUPs totaling 18 points before we board the Silhouette!

Thanks , I was looking under my bookings

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before (I'm somewhat sure it has...😆).

Approximately how long after answer submission does it show up in your account??

TIA...

Power up points earned show up around the middle (14th usually) of the next month.  I don't think it makes a difference as to what day you actually do the quiz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About 3 weeks after, no big deal. This months was enjoyable; don't mind doing a bit of reading before the 'quiz'.  Just wish it was for 2 points like last month.  Take 'em when you can get them. Good marketing program 

15 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I didn’t even have to sign up for Azamara’s loyalty club - I was automatically awarded the points I’ve accrued from X’s club.  

There isn't a separate sign up, and the loyalty numbers are the same.  [No one knows what will happen when the Azamara IT split occurs – will they want to keep the Celebrity loyalty numbers, or issue new Azamara ones?]

They have announced that you must sail on Azamara at least once before the IT split or your past Celebrity history will go poof – but luckily for many, the cut-over date keeps receding into the horizon.  Latest announcement I saw was Q1 2023, but a recent interview laid out a much longer timeline for full IT independence – don't know where the loyalty split fits within that timeline...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

There isn't a separate sign up, and the loyalty numbers are the same.  [No one knows what will happen when the Azamara IT split occurs – will they want to keep the Celebrity loyalty numbers, or issue new Azamara ones?]

They have announced that you must sail on Azamara at least once before the IT split or your past Celebrity history will go poof – but luckily for many, the cut-over date keeps receding into the horizon.  Latest announcement I saw was Q1 2023, but a recent interview laid out a much longer timeline for full IT independence – don't know where the loyalty split fits within that timeline...

IT splits or changing is difficult.That is why Royal/Celebrity and many airlines keep patching their legacy software. So since I cruised on Azamara one time,  in 2007,  my Celebrity history will count if even if they split their IT? That would be great. I am likely to book Azamara again.

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

IT splits or changing is difficult.That is why Royal/Celebrity and many airlines keep patching their legacy software. So since I cruised on Azamara one time,  in 2007,  my Celebrity history will count if even if they split their IT? That would be great. I am likely to book Azamara again.

I believe that is correct.  Those at risk are assumed to be those with Celebrity history, no Azamara history, but an Azamara booking that doesn't sail until after the split.  The longer the split gets postponed, the better for those people.  [But of course there are new ones every day, as people discover Azamara's great itineraries!]

On 8/19/2022 at 1:44 AM, Charles4515 said:

I was there in August a few years ago. No Aurora. They said September to March is when to visit for the Aurora. 

Of course more darkness equals a better chance, but there was a small chance forecasted overnight, so I figured it was worth a shot. 

We definitely want to come back for longer in the future, and will do so when the chances are better. 
Four days last time and nine this time were nowhere near enough time in this awesome place. 

The captain announced last night that we had auroras on Friday night, and there was another chance last night after 1am. I set an alarm, got up, and saw nothing. I was tired enough to need to get back into bed after 20 minutes or so, but left the drapes open. I drifted in and out of sleep for the next few hours, but never saw anything that made me think I should get back up. 

The one night I forgot to check my Aurora app, they happened, and I missed them. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I believe that is correct.  Those at risk are assumed to be those with Celebrity history, no Azamara history, but an Azamara booking that doesn't sail until after the split.  The longer the split gets postponed, the better for those people.  [But of course there are new ones every day, as people discover Azamara's great itineraries!]

We added an Azamara cruise to our spring trip in order to get grandfathered in, then added a second, because it was another great itinerary at an awesome price. We are hooked!
We have had small ship cruises on Windstar, Azamara, and Viking in the last nine months, and we are finding that we are preferring the smaller ships for our he same variety of reasons many others do. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MamaFej said:

We added an Azamara cruise to our spring trip in order to get grandfathered in, then added a second, because it was another great itinerary at an awesome price. We are hooked!
We have had small ship cruises on Windstar, Azamara, and Viking in the last nine months, and we are finding that we are preferring the smaller ships for our he same variety of reasons many others do. 

Once you start looking at Azamara itineraries, your bucket list tends to grow faster than you can take cruises!  Welcome to the AA self-help group [Azamara Aficionados] 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Once you start looking at Azamara itineraries, your bucket list tends to grow faster than you can take cruises!  Welcome to the AA self-help group [Azamara Aficionados] 🤣

That's not gonna happen here.

I like big Boats and I can not lie. 😁

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, suntans said:

I didn't know you got CC points from Azamara.  Are there any other affiliated cruise lines that give the CC points? 

My Celebrity CC points, including PUPs, are exactly the same as those in my Azamara account. 

Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor status matches Celebrity Captain's Club.  See these charts:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/mx/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

Edited by islandwoman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, suntans said:

I didn't know you got CC points from Azamara.  Are there any other affiliated cruise lines that give the CC points? 

But, from what I understand, with Azamara being sold, that this program will end.  So, then, no other cruise lines will be giving CC points!

https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/azamara-circle/transition#:~:text=As you may have heard,Partners%2C a private equity firm.

Edited by AkSusan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

That's not gonna happen here.

I like big Boats and I can not lie. 😁

You're welcome to them.  The Power Up program will leave me at Elite Plus on Celebrity, with no plans ever to set foot on their big Boats again.

5 hours ago, suntans said:

Nope, and (as mentioned) Azamara won't be so "affiliated" with Celebrity for much longer.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You're welcome to them.  The Power Up program will leave me at Elite Plus on Celebrity, with no plans ever to set foot on their big Boats again.

Different strokes for different folks. Life is Good. ❤️

• Like 3

On 8/19/2022 at 1:44 AM, Charles4515 said:

I was there in August a few years ago. No Aurora. They said September to March is when to visit for the Aurora. 

We had AMAZING Auroras from our balcony last night! It was SO cool to hear our shipmates literally cheering from their balconies and up on deck as the lights danced in the sky!! The Captain posted cool pix on his Instagram, too. 

The forecast is good for Auroras overnight, but it’s MUCH cloudier than it was last night. I’ll set an alarm, anyway, just in case. Tomorrow is a scenic cruising day, plus we will gain an hour. so it’s not a big deal losing some sleep. 

And, to keep it on topic, I would totally trade seeing Auroras in person for PUPs. But I actually earned CC points whilst viewing the Auroras. 

I am very fortunate, indeed. 

Note: these are cellphone photos. I’m sure there are far better ones out there from folks with real cameras. 

AE553B7C-8E6F-4243-9991-5AB7E3D55628.jpeg

B2C49D52-6073-42F2-8CCB-B53271AFB2FF.jpeg

3C819729-3133-4DEA-AF2D-E4DFC2BDD6D2.jpeg

89B46254-0E8A-417C-84C0-9E0E6206E450.jpeg

E3FE1B9A-5526-46AF-B477-BF89A1915FA0.png

• Like 8