Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Interesting discussion, but not really about PowerUp points anymore. Perhaps a new thread is in order

It relates in that my Power Up Points, along with all of my Captain's Club Points and Azamara Club points, were lost from Azamara's account in the split of Azamara's website from Celebrity's.

Edited by islandwoman

6 hours ago, islandwoman said:

It relates in that my Power Up Points, along with all of my Captain's Club Points and Azamara Club points, were lost from Azamara's account in the split of Azamara's website from Celebrity's.

You had to have cruised with Azamara before January 31, 2023 for your points to carry over from Captains Club but it appears that in the split they don't show anyones Loyalty Points. Maybe I am missing something but I can't seem to find Azamara's Loyalty program at a ll on their web site. 

37 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You had to have cruised with Azamara before January 31, 2023 for your points to carry over from Captains Club but it appears that in the split they don't show anyones Loyalty Points. Maybe I am missing something but I can't seem to find Azamara's Loyalty program at a ll on their web site. 

They are there.  Click on the little picture of a generic person to log on, then click on the same spot (which is now your initial) and choose the menu option for "upcoming cruises" [even if you don't have any booked].  That will show your Azamara Circle loyalty status and the number of points.

My Azamara account has been correct right through the changeover.  Initially it only included PowerUp points through December, but recently another few points were added, making my Azamara total equal to my Celebrity total as of February 2023 [which was the actual split date after several postponements].  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

They are there.  Click on the little picture of a generic person to log on, then click on the same spot (which is now your initial) and choose the menu option for "upcoming cruises" [even if you don't have any booked].  That will show your Azamara Circle loyalty status and the number of points.

My Azamara account has been correct right through the changeover.  Initially it only included PowerUp points through December, but recently another few points were added, making my Azamara total equal to my Celebrity total as of February 2023 [which was the actual split date after several postponements].  

@Host JazzbeauThanks for those instructions.  I was able to find my Azamara points and it looks like they are mostly correct as of February 2023.  I can see that one of the Feb 2023 Power Up Points was included, but the other 5 Power Up Points for the "Explore Europe webinar" from Feb 2023 was not added in.  Does this have to do with the actual date the PUP points were added and when the split occured, or is it really a mis-calcuation/error by Azamara? 

Edited by ecslady

On 8/25/2023 at 10:48 AM, mahasamatman said:

I also know of at least one software development company that doesn't use source control...

That doesn't mean anyone else should do it, or that it's a mark of a good company (which was the point of the person you replied to).

5 hours ago, ecslady said:

@Host JazzbeauThanks for those instructions.  I was able to find my Azamara points and it looks like they are mostly correct as of February 2023.  I can see that one of the Feb 2023 Power Up Points was included, but the other 5 Power Up Points for the "Explore Europe webinar" from Feb 2023 was not added in.  Does this have to do with the actual date the PUP points were added and when the split occured, or is it really a mis-calcuation/error by Azamara? 

The 5 points for the "Explore Europe" webinar were the ones that popped up recently for me (along with 1 point "Forbes gift" that I forget what that was about).  Before that I was only up to the "Deployment" webinar from December.  There weren't any points from January.

On 8/25/2023 at 3:44 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

choose the menu option for "upcoming cruises" [even if you don't have any booked].  That will show your Azamara Circle loyalty status and the number of points.

Mine shows my new Azamara Circle # but sadly no points.

I took my first cruise with Az in December 2022, so all of my Celebrity and Az points should have shuffled over like yours did.  I tried contacting Az through the Request Support link, but never heard anything more.

CURRENT TIER
ADVENTURER

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

Mine shows my new Azamara Circle # but sadly no points.

I took my first cruise with Az in December 2022, so all of my Celebrity and Az points should have shuffled over like yours did.  I tried contacting Az through the Request Support link, but never heard anything more.

If it's a new Azamara Circle # it will not show points.  You need to get that account merged with the old one (which had the same number as your Celebrity Captain's Club) – that's where the points are.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2023 at 3:01 PM, Charles4515 said:

We had two Azamara cruises planned for spring 2023 when Azamara announced the policy requiring a cruise prior to February 2023.  We took one in December 2022.  Those points are in my Celebrity account, but not in my Azamara account.  Neither are the points for the two spring 2023 cruises, in spite of having requested them 5 different times. 

My point is, I wish Azamara were still using Celebrity's system and was still crediting PUPs.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Looked around the website and can’t find the sign up link.  Maybe it faded away 🤔

It's still there. Captain's Club Benefits & Membership | Celebrity Cruises. Perhaps X IT hasn't caught up to taking it down, but it's still alive and well on the website at least if not in present function.

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Alas, these are apples and oranges. Having one, or losing it, has nothing to do with the other

It using resources.  Those quizzes and webinars cost money in both labor and materials to create and produce.  They aren’t dumbing down menus to enhance customer satisfaction, it is to reduce cost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Webinars cost money to make but the quizzes can’t cost more than about $10 to produce….😎

That’s cheap labor then.  Someone has to write the quiz, then develop the marketing materials for us to read to find the answers to the quiz.  Oh and then program the systems so when we answer the quiz it knows if tge answer are correct.