Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

37 minutes ago, Prayer200 said:

Can anyone Post the Link, please. I have an account and signed to the captains Club Newsletter, but do not get an mails with a link to eran Power up points.  😒

Here you go - Subscribe for emails -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits?cid=dm_oth_dm_dynmcc_1610_pup_smlr_all_2713#power-up-points

3 hours ago, Prayer200 said:

Can anyone Post the Link, please. I have an account and signed to the captains Club Newsletter, but do not get an mails with a link to eran Power up points.  😒

there are very few , maybe 3 or 4 times a year at most

38 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

See post #8712.  There were 17 in 2022 and seven last year.

let me rephrase what I said. You quoted number of points possible in those 2 years not how many times they sent an email to participate.. which is rare . 

3 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I got my point but I need more opportunities to earn PUPs.  Making Zenith by booking inside cabins is tough.

😀

Or cruise more. 😂

20 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

let me rephrase what I said. You quoted number of points possible in those 2 years not how many times they sent an email to participate.. which is rare . 

Actually the number of Club Points possible for those 2 years were 40 (2022) and 19 (2023). 

The number of opportunities to earn Club Points for those 2 years were 17 (2022) and 7 (2023).

I did receive an email for all 24 opportunities in those two years.

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

No those were opportunities, not points

1 hour ago, dreamer321 said:

I got my point but I need more opportunities to earn PUPs.  Making Zenith by booking inside cabins is tough.

😀

No kidding.  We're are Elite+.  Do not live near a port.  Would need dozens of cruises and years to get to Zenith.   

30 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

No kidding.  We're are Elite+.  Do not live near a port.  Would need dozens of cruises and years to get to Zenith.   

A lot of people got status when 3 day cruise was worth as much as a 7 day cruise 

12 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

A lot of people got status when 3 day cruise was worth as much as a 7 day cruise 

Also cabin categories didn't matter either (early on).  So 3 night cruise with inside cabin = 7 night cruise in a Penthouse Suite

20 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We took a 7 day cruise back in 2004 on the Mercury that received only 1 pt total for the entire cruise. It was an inside cabin though.

10 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Also cabin categories didn't matter either (early on).  So 3 night cruise with inside cabin = 7 night cruise in a Penthouse Suite

That must have been way back. Our first cruise in 2009 earned 2 points for a Concierge cabin. The current points system came about in 2013.

We cruise too many different lines to earn high tier anywhere. Our five cruises last year were on four different lines. Our three cruises this year are on three different lines. Depending on cruise and cabin choices, we might get to Elite Plus in 2025, but it's really not important to us.

19 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

That must have been way back. Our first cruise in 2009 earned 2 points for a Concierge cabin. The current points system came about in 2013.

We cruise too many different lines to earn high tier anywhere. Our five cruises last year were on four different lines. Our three cruises this year are on three different lines. Depending on cruise and cabin choices, we might get to Elite Plus in 2025, but it's really not important to us.

Our second cruise was with Celebrity in 1994 on the Zenith. No points and joined the Founders Club for $35.00 per person. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buzz031 said:

Now, that's some great history!! 🙂 

A year or two later Celebrity renamed it to the Captains Club, no charge and giving CC points. We were credited with point because we paid to join. Can't remember how many CC points.  

• Like 1

My first Celebrity cruise was on the Chandris Amerikanis August 4-11, 1992.  After requesting credit for this "missing cruise", Celebrity gave me 30 Captain's Club points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

Yes, it was waaay back.  Like around 2000 and earlier.