Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Just watched/listened to the webinar...I agree on the Millennium Class comment above, it's inevitable.  

Now I need 3 more points to get to 300. 🙂

Doesn't that get me a free bag of laundry or free ice in my room or something of the like.  😁

Just watched the webinar sitting here in Athens after 11 days on Infinity and a day at the Acropolis and a couple of brews.  Gimme meh PuPs. 👀

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did….

Cheers y’all 

On 3/16/2024 at 4:50 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Even after contacting CC that I was not receiving Invites to PUP and them saying they had changed settings on my account.    Didn't receive the PUP.   

There seems to be a block. I continue to receive the regular Celebrity mailings but the Captains Club emails won't revive no matter what I try. The call centers people just give BS that they fixed it but nothing comes. In a couple of months  I don't know what their criteria is for  blocking the Captain Club and PUP emails is. It could be on purpose or bad programing. Probably bad IT but anythings possible.

31 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

There seems to be a block. I continue to receive the regular Celebrity mailings but the Captains Club emails won't revive no matter what I try. The call centers people just give BS that they fixed it but nothing comes. In a couple of months  I don't know what their criteria is for  blocking the Captain Club and PUP emails is. It could be on purpose or bad programing. Probably bad IT but anythings possible.

Same here. I get 2 or 3 ad emails a day but no PUP or Captains Club

On 3/16/2024 at 4:27 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I just booked a B2B last minute.  Both were booked with the same person that the Zenith concierge referred me to since my great cruise planner person has vaporized.  The first confirmation lists me as Zenith.  The second one lists me as Classic.  Pretty funny.

That's just to make you feel like "One of Their most LOYAL Customers"    Reminds you of your roots..

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Just watched/listened to the webinar...I agree on the Millennium Class comment above, it's inevitable.  

Now I need 3 more points to get to 300. 🙂

Doesn't that get me a free bag of laundry or free ice in my room or something of the like.  😁

Interesting that when Infinity went through Dry Dock a couple months ago they expanded Luminae and updated Michael's Club to Retreat -  total re-do

Edited by Jim_Iain

28 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Same here. I get 2 or 3 ad emails a day but no PUP or Captains Club

I get them but the emails go to my promotions email they should go to primary. Unfortunately I only know about the PUP'S from these boards.  

21 hours ago, Salt Lifer said:

Laura seems especially skilled at talking around any questions that is asked, all with a big smile.  I suspect that was her biggest qualifications for getting the job. 

Personally, I wish they would find a new host for these presentations that appeared more professional.  I didn't think it could get worse than her constantly overused valley-girl injection of "awesome" into every other sentence, but apparently she is now trying to balance that out by throwing "epic" into as many sentences as possible, as well.  

Here is the Cliff's notes of the video.

1.) The President's cruise will be both AWESOME and EPIC!!!

2.) Sorry Southamptoners, no additional ships in port for you.

3.) More awesome (and epic?) wine options will be available at an upcharge, allegedly requested by the "most loyal guests" so no complaining about the upcharge, okay? 

4.) Better say your goodbyes now to your favorite M-class ships....

5.) Hints that the RC, Silversea, and Celebrity points may combine, but of course no official confirmation.  Personally, this one would be a positive change for the guest if it were to happen.

Great summary of the webinar!  I was irate at the inane questions allowed for the President to reply with no real answers to any of them.  Why bother requesting questions from CC Elite and above members?   Additionally, what outcomes are expected from the President's cruise?  Probably none, just the expected satisfaction members feel from spending 6 nights on the same multi-thousands passenger ship with the President. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Salt Lifer said:

Laura seems especially skilled at talking around any questions that is asked, all with a big smile.  I suspect that was her biggest qualifications for getting the job. 

Personally, I wish they would find a new host for these presentations that appeared more professional.  I didn't think it could get worse than her constantly overused valley-girl injection of "awesome" into every other sentence, but apparently she is now trying to balance that out by throwing "epic" into as many sentences as possible, as well.  

3.) More awesome (and epic?) wine options will be available at an upcharge, allegedly requested by the "most loyal guests" so no complaining about the upcharge, okay? 

5.) Hints that the RC, Silversea, and Celebrity points may combine, but of course no official confirmation.  Personally, this one would be a positive change for the guest if it were to happen.

You've voiced what I felt (this one and prior) about the overall vibe of these 'presentation-Q&As'.  Feels just too 'great' and the non answers just make that felt even more, all the talk of past and upcoming President's cruises .. going to wonderful ports 🙄 and such great things planned.  Questions answered by rewording the question(s) and explaining what it would take to do something and we are talking and discussing and then .. next question.  Wait, what was the answer ???  Even a timeline of when the 'assessing' will be done would be welcome.

I don't like to hate on things and have been happy to watch these to get the PUPs but I have often liked watching even if off the side of my desk.  This one and the prior few have been very disheartening.  Upon reflection, talk of the wine additions seemed to be the closest to something specific of all the things she spoke of, but I'm a beer drinker so whatever (low class 🙂)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

This morning, it hit me that I haven't been receiving ANY Celebrity emails lately. I came here just to see if anyone else had encountered this, and it appears I'm not the only one.

I have no clue why the usual 1-2 per day stopped, but I'd guess it's been at least a week. Definitely didn't receive the latest 3 CC-point video offer, so I appreciate finding a link here.

I'll look at my Celebrity communication settings (which I haven't touched!) to see if that's it. Otherwise, I guess I'll signup for the CC emails again. Very odd 🤔

cjr

On 3/17/2024 at 1:49 PM, Salt Lifer said:

I took from the presentation that there will be more wines at an uncharge, but that they will also be adding a few wines to the Premium Package--which is DEFINITELY needed.

Yes, I took this, as well. Which probably does make sense. The Millennium (our first ship!) is now 24 years old. It is probably time to think about some changes. Considering the 5th and final Edge Class ship is under construction, I wonder if the rumors I've heard about the next ship Class being smaller will be true...and will be designed to replace the M-Class. 

I understood it to be that the most likely case is that there would still be three different programs but more reciprocity so that if I'm Elite Plus on X, I'd be Super-Diamond (or whatever they call it) on Royal and whatever it is on Silversea.

I'd love to see points accrued in a master account for sailing on any of the brands. In short, have it be a Royal Caribbean Group loyalty program--though each line may offer specific perks for the tiers. Just let me get to Zenith, first, before they jack with the programs so that they won't bump me down in status somehow.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting that when Infinity went through Dry Dock a couple months ago they expanded Luminae and updated Michael's Club to Retreat -  total re-do

I had the same thought. But then, maybe Infinity will be the last of the M-Class to go in whatever rotation they have planned. I do think this was the soft launch of the removal of the M-Class from the fleet.

Before they can eliminate any of the M-Class, they have to build their replacements. I suspect that will be the next big announcement and will come as construction of the XCel, the 5th and final E-Class ship, is nearing completion or is completed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PostcardJar said:

I had the same thought. But then, maybe Infinity will be the last of the M-Class to go in whatever rotation they have planned. I do think this was the soft launch of the removal of the M-Class from the fleet.

Before they can eliminate any of the M-Class, they have to build their replacements. I suspect that will be the next big announcement and will come as construction of the XCel, the 5th and final E-Class ship, is nearing completion or is completed.

If they get an offer for the ship they will sell her. Otherwise they will keep her a while longer. Does not matter about the recent work as it is minor. There are only three alternatives, sell, keep  or the breakers and I don't think breakers is imminent.  

23 hours ago, Salt Lifer said:

Interesting. I am curious why you think it would be a disaster to all loyalty programs if they did that?

Look at how the points for the various programs are configured. 

Royal Caribbean you get 1 point per night cruised unless you are in a Junior Suite or above, then you get 2 points per night

Celebrity you get a varied number of points based on the category of cabin you cruise in. 

Silversea you get one nights credit per night cruised. 

So for a seven day cruise in a Junior Suite on Royal Caribbean you get 14 points (2x7) 

For a seven day cruise in a Sky Suite on Celebrity you get 56 points (8x7)

And for Silversea you get 7 nights.  

How would you manage the points so that the programs come out equal.  What would prevent someone from sailing exclusively on Royal Caribbean, at a lower cost, and then once they hit a certain level, shift over to Silversea and get a much higher status than someone who sailed Silversea exclusively?  Same for Celebrity.  Right now the match program they have between Royal Caribbean and Celebrity seems to work well in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Look at how the points for the various programs are configured. 

Royal Caribbean you get 1 point per night cruised unless you are in a Junior Suite or above, then you get 2 points per night

Celebrity you get a varied number of points based on the category of cabin you cruise in. 

Silversea you get one nights credit per night cruised. 

So for a seven day cruise in a Junior Suite on Royal Caribbean you get 14 points (2x7) 

For a seven day cruise in a Sky Suite on Celebrity you get 56 points (8x7)

And for Silversea you get 7 nights.  

How would you manage the points so that the programs come out equal.  What would prevent someone from sailing exclusively on Royal Caribbean, at a lower cost, and then once they hit a certain level, shift over to Silversea and get a much higher status than someone who sailed Silversea exclusively?  Same for Celebrity.  Right now the match program they have between Royal Caribbean and Celebrity seems to work well in my opinion. 

You could use a multiple with the points ,

RCL uses 1 per point ,

Celebrity could use 2 per point 

Silverseas could use 3 or 4 per point 

That way   you get the most points on Silverseas 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You could use a multiple with the points ,

RCL uses 1 per point ,

Celebrity could use 2 per point 

Silverseas could use 3 or 4 per point 

That way   you get the most points on Silverseas 

And would you eliminate the extra points for suites on Royal, for various cabin categories on Celebrity?  

I just do not see any way to transition from the current system to a new one with it being a total disaster. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

And would you eliminate the extra points for suites on Royal, for various cabin categories on Celebrity?  

I just do not see any way to transition from the current system to a new one with it being a total disaster. 

They did it before, transitioned the programs. It was a disaster with both programs for me as I had to wait another sailing on each to move up but it worked for Celebrity and Royal. They could use the opportunity to push some passengers back again. I don't think it being a disaster would concern them much.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

if you got 10 points for the cruise on RCL , you would get 10 point on the new system 

If you get 10 points for the cruise on Celebrity , you would get 20 points on the new system

if you get 10 points for the cruise on Silverseas , you would get 30/40 points on the new system 

or something like that 

no system will be perfect 

• Like 1