Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Again, these interactions with Captain’s Club (It is still a loyalty program, is it not?) that I am reading about are further reinforcement of my belief that the PUP program is dismantling customer loyalty rather than reinforcing it.

If there are a lot of complaints about the PUP program which is basically a big giveaway, they have to spend time responding and are losing customer loyalty then Celebrity could dismantle the PUP program. 

Edited by Charles4515

39 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

I told Celebrity that they should believe their customer and not make them jump through hoops to prove something. It is not the customer that can't be trusted but Celebrity. I asked to pass this feedback along but I doubt it will go anywhere. We all spend thousands of dollars so I really don't see people lying about doing these activities! Anyway,  the PSA is to save your screenshots or take screenshots of your account every time it is updated. You never know when you will need them. 

AMEN!! I think the only reason they are giving me the "goodwill" points this time is because I gave them slightly more detailed info about the webinar than just "Galapagos". But I shouldn't have to do that.

(Sadly my guess is they are onto people posting about it and thinking that some people are just claiming to have done whatever the activity was after the fact knowing that sometimes the proof gets lost.)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cassidy123 said:

Luckily I received the latest PUP’s, but had to log out of my app and log back in again to see them.  However on the last 2 PUP videos I didn’t receive the points and I had to contact Celebrity and on both occasions I was told I had submitted my CC number incorrectly.  Really?  Once maybe but not twice.  I also had an issue on a recent B2B where I was told I hadn’t registered for Go Green, so had to fight to get those points.  It is truly exasperating.  I do now take screenshots of everything, although it seems a bit of a waste of time as the screenshots are generic, with no mention of CC numbers.  But for some odd reason if you can supply a screenshot Celebrity seem to give in and award the points.  ‘On this occasion’!  Lol

If they had said I'd entered my number wrong I would have asked how that could be since I literally copied and pasted it from their email.

56 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If they had said I'd entered my number wrong I would have asked how that could be since I literally copied and pasted it from their email.

So...my third call to CC I got a similar response. She told me I possibly typed a number or my email incorrectly and that was why the points were not credited. I informed her that if anything was done incorrectly, it had to have been done by X and not me since I only clicked the link to register for the webinar in the email X sent to me. I only added DH's CC number as a family member who'd be viewing with me. The activity was showing in his points history, but not mine and his points had not increased by 3. I also advised her that I had screenshots of the beginning, middle and end of the webinar and that this was my third call.  She then agreed to send the issue to the loyalty department to have the points added after she totaled each of our points and agreed that the points hadn't been increased. UGH!!! She didn't say how long that would take! She did take my word that I had the screenshots (which I do) and didn't ask me to send them.

• Like 1

I still a bit pissed about missing point 

Back in 2019 we booked a 14 night cruise in a OV , than there was a price drop and we were able to upgrade to a balcony for the same price before final payment

but they only gave us points for an OV 

I have email for 4 times , and the a captain club hosts on ship send in a request, but always the same answer NO , because they were doing us a great favour by upgrading us to a balcony for the same price 

29 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

So...my third call to CC I got a similar response. She told me I possibly typed a number or my email incorrectly and that was why the points were not credited. I informed her that if anything was done incorrectly, it had to have been done by X and not me since I only clicked the link to register for the webinar in the email X sent to me. I only added DH's CC number as a family member who'd be viewing with me. The activity was showing in his points history, but not mine and his points had not increased by 3. I also advised her that I had screenshots of the beginning, middle and end of the webinar and that this was my third call.  She then agreed to send the issue to the loyalty department to have the points added after she totaled each of our points and agreed that the points hadn't been increased. UGH!!! She didn't say how long that would take! She did take my word that I had the screenshots (which I do) and didn't ask me to send them.

I was told they'll show by July 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I still a bit pissed about missing point 

Back in 2019 we booked a 14 night cruise in a OV , than there was a price drop and we were able to upgrade to a balcony for the same price before final payment

but they only gave us points for an OV 

I have email for 4 times , and the a captain club hosts on ship send in a request, but always the same answer NO , because they were doing us a great favour by upgrading us to a balcony for the same price 

I think the points are awarded for the original booking not the upgrade. I was once upgraded from inside to balcony at no cost but only got points for the inside. I don't even bother with the webinars now unless something I'm really interested in. Elite plus and doubt I'll make Zenith. 

Many many people do PUP and yes a few get messed up but tge majority go through just fine.  

on this last activity, I was cruising with a group of 10 friends. We all did the power ups. One person hasn’t received them yet. The other nine did.. So I don’t think it’s as dire a situation as some people believe.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Many many people do PUP and yes a few get messed up but tge majority go through just fine.  

on this last activity, I was cruising with a group of 10 friends. We all did the power ups. One person hasn’t received them yet. The other nine did.. So I don’t think it’s as dire a situation as some people believe.

Dire...definitely not. Annoying...definitely! This is the tenth time DH or I didn't get credited.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I think the points are awarded for the original booking not the upgrade. I was once upgraded from inside to balcony at no cost but only got points for the inside. I don't even bother with the webinars now unless something I'm really interested in. Elite plus and doubt I'll make Zenith. 

I probably should total them I want to be charger $1 for the upgraded 😉

19 hours ago, drakes2 said:

IDK... I upgraded from an SV to Aqua for my upcoming Beyond cruise and it's showing the points for the sailing to be earned at 40 - which is for the Aqua cabin.

Perhaps the difference is I paid more for the Aqua and didn't get it for less or for free? I know if you do Move Up you only get points on the cabin you moved up from.

27 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

IDK... I upgraded from an SV to Aqua for my upcoming Beyond cruise and it's showing the points for the sailing to be earned at 40 - which is for the Aqua cabin.

Perhaps the difference is I paid more for the Aqua and didn't get it for less or for free? I know if you do Move Up you only get points on the cabin you moved up from.

Correct. If you upgrade at an additional cost then you get the points for the upgraded category. In my case I believe its happened twice I paid for an inside and once onboard they assigned me a balcony at no extra cost but I only got points for the inside. This was in 2021 when ships were well below full capacity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

You upgraded through Celebrity not through Move Up.  Upgrades where you pay the upgrade to Celebrity are eligible for the cabin you upgrade.  Move up is a 3rd party inventory management system and even if you paid several thousand dollars it wouldn't change the base fare that you booked through Celebrity.  It isn't that you don't pay for Move Up, it just doesn't go directly to Celebrity.  

1 minute ago, FeliciaB said:

You upgraded through Celebrity not through Move Up.  Upgrades where you pay the upgrade to Celebrity are eligible for the cabin you upgrade.  Move up is a 3rd party inventory management system and even if you paid several thousand dollars it wouldn't change the base fare that you booked through Celebrity.  It isn't that you don't pay for Move Up, it just doesn't go directly to Celebrity.  

I am aware of that. I was responding to someone who had upgraded due to a price drop but not gotten the extra point. It appears that though it was an upgrade, he was paying less and therefore didn't get the extra point.

12 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

If only we could keep this thread down to PUP links I would subscribe for daily email notifications.. :classic_biggrin:

I am subscribed for daily notifications.  I'm happy to have something to read other than "me too", "me too!"

• Like 4

If only Celebrity's email notification of PUPs were reliable, some people wouldn't have to subscribe to this thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I haven’t received my points yet. I understand how horrible celebrity's IT dept is and they have skipped my points before so I try and cover all bases. We actually watch all videos twice, once with my CC number and my wife as secondary, we then watch it again with my wife as primary and me as secondary. I had hoped to avoided missing point syndrome with this system to cover missing points. Alas even this has failed as we both failed to get our points. Very disappointing and it’s time to contact CC again for missing points. Why do they make it difficult. 

29 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

If only Celebrity's email notification of PUPs were reliable, some people wouldn't have to subscribe to this thread!

I agree completely, I subscribed, never got one email so I rely on this thread too :classic_smile:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peterde said:

Very disappointing and it’s time to contact CC again for missing points. Why do they make it difficult. 

In addition to a bad IT department they are also poorly trained. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Points showing on upcoming cruises are not points actually earned after the cruise (in many cases). So wait till after.

5 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I am aware of that. I was responding to someone who had upgraded due to a price drop but not gotten the extra point. It appears that though it was an upgrade, he was paying less and therefore didn't get the extra point.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Points showing on upcoming cruises are not points actually earned after the cruise (in many cases). So wait till after.

I agree with Arzeena.  We did our only move up from a balcony to Aqua for our 12 night Asia sailing on Solstice.  When the our A2 cabin was assigned about a month before the sailing, our Cruise Planner showed us getting 60 Club Points (5 points/night) instead of 36 (3 points/night).  But as per the MoveUp rules, when our cruise was completed, we were awarded 36 points (screenshot).  

image.png.2285c5285ff31d53139caa81b7434453.png

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I agree with Arzeena.  We did our only move up from a balcony to Aqua for our 12 night Asia sailing on Solstice.  When the our A2 cabin was assigned about a month before the sailing, our Cruise Planner showed us getting 60 Club Points (5 points/night) instead of 36 (3 points/night).  But as per the MoveUp rules, when our cruise was completed, we were awarded 36 points (screenshot).  

image.png.2285c5285ff31d53139caa81b7434453.png

We had the same thing.  Sky Suite to Royal Suite.  On the web, for upcoming cruises, it showed the points for the Royal suite.  What we got was the points for the Sky Suite, which is what we were expecting, since that's what the terms say.  

In 2019, we had sky suites, and the price of a Celebrity Suite dropped to within a couple hundred dollars of what we paid.  We paid to upgrade, since I needed the points to make Elite (I'd be 6 points short in the sky suite).  We got the points.

• Like 1