Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

7 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I think a lot of us didn't get the gift points.

We never got the gift points either.  Surprised that Celebrity did NOT give all Power UP Points program participants gift points.  Such a missed opportunity to thank those of us for being loyal to Celebrity and also keeping many of us interested in earning more points.  We are over 800 points now with NO thought of getting to 3000  Helping us plug along would have been a nice thought and for sure kept us engaged more.    And I hope Celebrity when they did give Captains Club members points, they let them KNOW they were  getting the points.

Looking forward to our next cruise, but not sure when it will be.  We have a lot of land based trips  planned this year including 15 days in Alaska. Did sail Summit in December and had a very nice time.  

Edited by shipshape sam

On 2/12/2022 at 6:31 PM, davekathy said:

Call the Captains Club. 1-800-760-0654. The PUPs offers are under my wife's CC number and we both get the same PUPs for completing only one PUP offer. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m in the U.K. but will look for the contact number.👍🏻

• Like 1

We also received our PUP's. 

One of the things I like about the program is that I only need to do the activity in my account and the points get added to both my wife and my account.  No need to log in separately and do everything twice. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks!

Here's the actual hotel link; this will probably be in the email later today: https://www.celebritycruises.com/hotels

Because this will most likely be asked by many people, SEVERAL times, no, you cannot book now, claims the points, receive the points then cancel later:

Click View More Rooms. There are refundable rates towards the bottom with the green Free Cancellation tag. 

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Click View More Rooms. There are refundable rates towards the bottom with the green Free Cancellation tag. 

Thanks!  Figured it out...This was only a quick spot check validation but seems to work.

image.thumb.png.aab3d5778adbc8f01449bdb3be195448.png

When searching for hotels, if there's a struck out rate above the rate, in this example, the top hotel in the image, the struckout rate is $253 above the $221 rate, it doesn't seem to offer refundable rooms.  If there's no struckout rate, like in the lower hotel in the image, only the $439 rate, then it appears to be refundable.

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks!  Figured it out...This was only a quick spot check validation but seems to work.

When searching for hotels, if there's a struck out rate above the rate, in this example, the top hotel in the image, the struckout rate is $253 above the $221 rate, it doesn't seem to offer refundable rooms.  If there's no struckout rate, like in the lower hotel in the image, only the $439 rate, then it appears to be refundable.

There should be some refundable rates on every hotel offered. That was the point of the program, although like most things, you will pay more for the refundable rate. 

Anything with the blue Cancellation Options link is nonrefundable.

The green Free Cancellation tag is a refundable rate although the terms may vary by property.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 8.38.31 AM.png

21 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I don't see anything like that when I follow the link. I click on VIEW HOTELS and it takes me to my account page, showing my upcoming reservation.

?

Tom

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There should be some refundable rates on every hotel offered. That was the point of the program, although like most things, you will pay more for the refundable rate. 

Anything with the blue Cancellation Options link is nonrefundable.

The green Free Cancellation tag is a refundable rate although the terms may vary by property.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 8.38.31 AM.png

Thanks again...

So you there are TWO links you have to have to click, first "view available rooms"...Once there, you then need to click on "view more rooms":

image.thumb.png.fe4a02dc8cf77d8d8b3b80af58cafc2c.png

From what I see this tool allows you to book any hotel at any date, anywhere in the world. It doesn't even need to be connected to your cruise. And the T&C don't exclude anything either. I'm in Bangkok right now and there is a listed hotel across the street for $12.

That should do the trick right? Because booking a hotel in Seattle prior to my Solstice sailing is a rip off and I'd rather use Hyatt points than paying $300.

On 2/12/2022 at 12:57 AM, cdn_tbird said:

I would push back on this. We booked a 2020 Alaska cruise in Jan 2019 knowing we were going to move it to 2021 when the 2021 itineraries were released. Our 2021 got lift and shifted to 2022. We still got the shareholder benefit for it.

It's not when the original reservation was made but it's rather if any Celebrity promotions are attached.   If you had a reservation prior to June 2019 and are booking a Simply Sail rate you would qualify for the shareholder benefit.  If it is AI or has the 2 or 4 perks from before AI then it wouldn't qualify.

Any reservations with a booking date after June 2019 the shareholder credit is combineable with promos.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Not sure why it's grayed out for some, perhaps try another sailing if you have one.

I booked a hotel and successfully submitted the powerpoint form.  The non-refundable rate on the FLL Hilton was cheaper than what I could find myself.  I have status with Hilton so called them after, with the Hilton at least, these X booking do not count toward your 2023 status yet you can add your loyalty number at check-in to receive your status benefits.

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Not sure why it's grayed out for some, perhaps try another sailing if you have one.

I booked a hotel and successfully submitted the powerpoint form.  The non-refundable rate on the FLL Hilton was cheaper than what I could find myself.  I have status with Hilton so called them after, with the Hilton at least, these X booking do not count toward your 2023 status yet you can add your loyalty number at check-in to receive your status benefits.

Ehmm it says it's valid for bookings starting TOMORROW February 17th.

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks, that worked as I booked the refundable option.  Not sure if that's an option if you don't book refundable.

Definitely not an option so people should definitely book refundable especially given the fluent situation in times of Covid. Although I'd guess that if the sailing gets cancelled the hotel will be cancelled free of charge.

2 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Seems like Celebrity has recycled one of their previous links that I clicked by accident today and discovered the following, valid from tomorrow, February 17 through February 28th:

1461623679_CelebrityPowerUp50Hotel.thumb.png.d1f7ff19cc3e8cdeae8c24b57e19c0a9.png

General Terms: *Power Up Points can be earned for various non-sailing activities such as sharing your preferences, participating in social media activities and making bookings. Opportunities to earn Power Up Points will be emailed to eligible members or posted on www.celebritycruises.com by Celebrity Cruises.
Power Up Points convert to Club points at a ratio of 10 Power Up Points to 1 Club Point. All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point. For example, a member that earns 50.5 Power Up Points in January, will have 6 Club Points added to their balance by February 14th.
All terms and conditions of a Power Up Points activity must be met to be eligible to receive the associated Power Up Points. Eligible members may participate once per activity.
The processing of personal information related to Power Up Points activities is subject to our Privacy Policy available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/privacy-policy and our Social Media Fan Page Notice available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/social
Certain Power Up Points activities may be construed as financial incentive(s) under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You may opt in/out by your participation in any Power Up Point activity.
Club Points converted from Power Up Points are subject to all terms and conditions of the Captains Club program https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/join-the-club.
Power Up Points and Captains Club program terms and conditions are subject to change at any point without prior notice.

Activity Terms: Offer applies to new individual bookings. Captain’s Club Members receiving this email are eligible to earn 50 Power Up Points for making a qualifying hotel reservation through Hotels by Celebrity. Offer is applicable to new reservations made between February 17, 2022 – February 28, 2022. The offer applies to each Captains Club member on the reservation. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible reservation. To qualify, reservation must include member’s first name, last name, date of birth and loyalty ID. Once the reservation is complete, the eligible member must complete the form at the ‘Start Earning’ link above and enter their first name, last name, reservation number, and check-in date. Details entered in the form must match those on the booking to qualify. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed.

-> I highly doubt that Celebrity has the capacity to claw back points for cancelled bookings. They can barely tie their own shoelaces as far as the IT is concerned and CC has always been a mess.

Link:

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?qs=38dfbe491fab00ea6a5e2742b666cb651ba1194a7a9e15af968ad36297b5927758dd77520e8357b0f14a716746ed1c68f63626bd0e33a443a569beb1e5a8ec46c0d7ef78cdfe1c4787050de0c022d94644f4037387336d6e66dfd5590fda3d2428b194b12b588885d2fbd6c227bc99eb6ab61d596215a7d1843c33f163614312&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_23633768&rid=1662561490&mes=Celebrity LOY Power Up Points 8 Dec 2021 EM&emsc=CCC_CLA_LUX_NAN_H_USA_CA_3_CASI&empf=Y&emct=C&lnkid=BOOKNOW_CTA

Do you realize that when we click the link you provided that your Captains Club number comes up?

4 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Do you realize that when we click the link you provided that your Captains Club number comes up?

Thanks for letting me know. Any way to slim down the link? I'm not too concerned about the number but it'd probably be cleaner for everyone to sign up with a proper link.

4 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Thanks for letting me know. Any way to slim down the link? I'm not too concerned about the number but it'd probably be cleaner for everyone to sign up with a proper link.

If it's been more than 20 minutes since your post your ability to edit it has expired. All you can do at this point is email the admin at Cruise Critic and ask for their help.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I looked at this. I can get the room free with my accrued Hilton points,  or pay for the room through  X.  The option to get 5 Captains Club points towards a loyalty level we'll never achieve seems kind of silly in this case for us.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3