Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

7 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Zen is what I call that wasteland between Elite+ and Zenith.  And I didn't get the new PUP offer.

I just clicked the link and put in my CC number, seemed to work. 

57 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It's going to take YEARS to make it to Zenith, if ever. I think I'll plan on celebrating at 1,500 points ("half Zenith")!  At least I'll be another 96 closer after the Reflection next month, with 12 of that thanks to their go-green (or, something like that) program!

i-TjHZrvM-L.jpg

This progress bar is not linear (they're trying to give false hope, lol) !!!

Tom

I know several people who celebrate their half birthday.  Nothing wrong with celebrating a half Zenith.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I got the correct answers on the first try.  😃

And I didn't.   The last question wasn't optional!

I fill out the Power Up Points for myself, DH and a good friend who will be traveling on Celebrity for the first time this June - if Canada opens up to Americans cruising out of Vancouver.  

What is weird about the last two emails - they arrive in separate email accounts at exactly the same time - except for the annual end of year wrap up email.   I received one for DH (I think), but never one for myself.   

With all of my attempts to have DH's Celebrity emails sent to a shared email account, they are showing up in my work email account.   This means that since we just made Elite, I won't be able to retire until we've made it to Zenith, at one cruise a year I will be 120 or so.

Mmm.. missing the 2 PUPs from the 29th Dec, not posted this time..

DH is not getting his PUP's added, his account number never changes and we've exhausted email & Phone communication, don't seem to be getting anywhere with X..

Help ! for those who both parties are seeing their points go up, what's the secret ?  how did you address this ???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3JCruiser said:

DH is not getting his PUP's added, his account number never changes and we've exhausted email & Phone communication, don't seem to be getting anywhere with X..

Help ! for those who both parties are seeing their points go up, what's the secret ?  how did you address this ???

I wish I could help you - I just discovered this in the last couple of months. My first points update just happened in the last week or so, and it shows on Cheryl's as well.

Tom

11 minutes ago, 3JCruiser said:

No secrete. Did you become CC members at the same time? Are your CC accounts linked? We both have always received the PUPs. The PUP offers emailed to us under my wife's CC number. PUP offer is submitted and we both receive the PUPs. Are you calling the Captains Club?  1-800-760-0654. 

Edited by davekathy

55 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No secrete. Did you become CC members at the same time? Are your CC accounts linked? We both have always received the PUPs. The PUP offers emailed to us under my wife's CC number. PUP offer is submitted and we both receive the PUPs. Are you calling the Captains Club?  1-800-760-0654. 

Thanks for the reply, Yes we've been members for years, how do I tell if the accounts are linked without waiting on hold for ??? Have spoken with CC a while ago, she said he was receiving them but his account never changes ? Will try calling again maybe get someone different who will figure it out.

13 minutes ago, 3JCruiser said:

Thanks for the reply, Yes we've been members for years, how do I tell if the accounts are linked without waiting on hold for ??? Have spoken with CC a while ago, she said he was receiving them but his account never changes ? Will try calling again maybe get someone different who will figure it out.

Unfortunately I only know by calling the CC. You could also log into your CC account or your husbands CC account and click on "My Tier and Points" from the drop down menu. You should get a "ask us anything" dialog box in the lower righthand corner. You could ask there and possibly get an answer. 

On 1/20/2022 at 11:31 AM, 3JCruiser said:

I posted this earlier, but in case this might help, I will tell you what I learned. I don't know if this is the reason, but I was having a similar issue. When I look at each of our accounts, we both have the same number of points. So when I took the quizzes, I was expecting my number to change. When it didn't, I called Captain's Club. Finally got transferred to a Celebrity representative who seemed to understand my issue. He told me that the points were being added but my total reflected "relationship" points because my account is linked to my husband's account. He actually had 299 and I only had 143 of my own. So my PUPs were being added to my 143 - not to the 299 "relationship" points. We have only ever cruised together, so I am not sure how he ended up with so many more points! But anyway, the next quiz, I made sure to take it under my husband's number, and sure enough, this month, the total points in both of our accounts went up. I hope I have adequately explained this - it makes sense in my head but describing it in writing is not as easy🙂

7 minutes ago, Belle5129 said:

I posted this earlier, but in case this might help, I will tell you what I learned. I don't know if this is the reason, but I was having a similar issue. When I look at each of our accounts, we both have the same number of points. So when I took the quizzes, I was expecting my number to change. When it didn't, I called Captain's Club. Finally got transferred to a Celebrity representative who seemed to understand my issue. He told me that the points were being added but my total reflected "relationship" points because my account is linked to my husband's account. He actually had 299 and I only had 143 of my own. So my PUPs were being added to my 143 - not to the 299 "relationship" points. We have only ever cruised together, so I am not sure how he ended up with so many more points! But anyway, the next quiz, I made sure to take it under my husband's number, and sure enough, this month, the total points in both of our accounts went up. I hope I have adequately explained this - it makes sense in my head but describing it in writing is not as easy🙂

Interesting.  I do the Power Ups my husband doesn't because almost all his points are relationship points, since I've done five cruises with my sister (we do one every year).    

One one cruise we asked if my sister could also get relationship points but they said no.  She just made elite thanks to a double point booking and a go green.

On 1/20/2022 at 5:58 PM, davekathy said:

Unfortunately I only know by calling the CC.

I am in UK.

If I have a problem, I contact Captain’s Club on their Social Media accounts.
Jack or Sam answer quickly ( unless it’s the weekend).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Belle5129 said:

Thanks for this, it does make some sense, however his points are not going up at all..

I'm going to try call Monday, Friday was a long hold time, will post what I find out !

15 hours ago, Belle5129 said:

So, if I understand this correctly, we should always plug in the captain's club number of the spouse with the highest number of points in order to have impact on your total captain's club points. 

4 hours ago, kathynorth said:

So, if I understand this correctly, we should always plug in the captain's club number of the spouse with the highest number of points in order to have impact on your total captain's club points. 

I don't know if I am right, but that is how I am interpreting it! Now, my husband and I were talking about it (he is not as vested as I am in this subject, but he humors me), and we jokingly wondered what would happen in the event we "consciously uncoupled". Who would get custody of the points? Would I lose my relationship points, get bumped down to Classic and lose my hard-earned laundry privileges?  I think I am just going to make sure that, going forward, we do all activities under both of our numbers 🙂