Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Well then you've never flown with them. Their onboard service is great. They serve free alcohol and snacks on short haul flights.

And I've never driven a Yugo either. Different people have different standards and values.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Or Frontier or Spirit. ...

That goes without saying.

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Friends don't let friends fly Porter.

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I would say that about Westjet 

Have you  flow on Porter’s new jets ? 

I've had good experiences with Westjet whereas I thought Flair Airlines and Air Canada were both subpar. Oh well, to each his (or her) own.

26 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I've had good experiences with Westjet whereas I thought Flair Airlines and Air Canada were both subpar. Oh well, to each his (or her) own.

I've heard horror stories with all, but I've been lucky with Air Canada.

Alas where I live my options are Air Canada or Air Canada so I don't have much of a choice - unless I go to Detroit. I have a cruise from Miami next year and Air Canada right now are saying the only way to get me there is 12 hours of travel time and getting in super late, so I'll be leaving from Detroit for a 3 hour direct flight.

3 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

Flair has an extremely poor track record of being on time and canceling flights. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 2:11 PM, mahasamatman said:

Friends don't let friends fly Porter.

Glad I don't have friends like that. Best price and service I've had recently.  AC only as a last resort. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 11:26 PM, Tigermad said:

Sorry to be a pain but can we keep this thread to be about Power up Points? That way we can easily see if they have issued any more.🙂

Welcome to CC.🤣 

On 9/2/2024 at 1:26 AM, Tigermad said:

Sorry to be a pain but can we keep this thread to be about Power up Points? That way we can easily see if they have issued any more.🙂

Off topic comments keeps this topic on the first page. It can drop 10 pages by the time someone is offered Power up Points and in that case they will probably start a new thread.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Off topic comments keeps this topic on the first page. It can drop 10 pages by the time someone is offered Power up Points and in that case they will probably start a new thread.

The answer to that is for the mods to pin the post if possible. 

Edited by Tigermad

42 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

If you follow a topic then you will be notified. I also use the content I posted in stream as default so any posts on this topic will put it on my first page. 

43 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If you follow a topic then you will be notified. I also use the content I posted in stream as default so any posts on this topic will put it on my first page. 

But I do follow and I keep getting notified of off topic posts. That’s my point. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tigermad said:

But I do follow and I keep getting notified of off topic posts. That’s my point. 

But isn't posting about off-topic posts and off-topic post?  Wait, is my question off-topic?  Oh dear, am I part of the problem or part of the solution?  Maybe I'm not part of anything?

My point is this thread is coming up on 10,000 posts.  There are going to be a LOT of posts you consider off-topic.  I understand the desire to be notified of new posts.  You'd likely be happier to change your notification email frequency to once a day or once a week.   You'll still get the notification on the Cruise Critic site, but your emails will be less.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

Stickies are evil. There are far too many already.

Absolutely agree.  At some point the PUP program will likely end, but then the stickie would be stuck. 

Harris

Denver, CO

22 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Absolutely agree.  At some point the PUP program will likely end, but then the stickie would be stuck. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Stickie can always be unstuck 

There should be a sticky about drink packages 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Stickie can always be unstuck 

There should be a sticky about drink packages 🤣

Yes, of course.  And Dress Code, Gratuities, and smoking. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Haha 1

You can follow with only a daily email update.  That's what I have done from the beginning.  A quick scan tells me whether there is a vital new PUP notice, or an interesting OT conversation to read, or 'nothing to see here' today.  Not a heavy lift.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You can follow with only a daily email update.  That's what I have done from the beginning.  A quick scan tells me whether there is a vital new PUP notice, or an interesting OT conversation to read, or 'nothing to see here' today.  Not a heavy lift.

Me Too!

Cheers

Members may want to review their Followed threads and make sure each has been set the way they want them. 

Click on your user name at the top right of this page and choose Manage Followed Content from the drop-down menu or just click this link if logged in: Manage Followed Content 

You will see a list for Topics I Follow.

• To the right of each topic, you can select change preference and make your choice OR you can completely unfollow the topic. 
  • You can also check the boxes next to each topic to make changes to multiple topic notification preferences at once. (That's how I remove Notifications in one place for old topics where I no longer have interest.) 

If you want to change settings for the default method of how you follow NEW CONTENT (such as tags of your user name in the dark blue oval, posts, replies, quoted posts, etc.) in the future:

• Click the Notification Icon (Bell) at the top right of this page next to your user name
  • A small pop up will appear and click Notification Settings in the upper right corner or just click this link if logged in: Notification Settings
  • Select how you want to be notified for each type of event
  • There are many options, so make sure you scroll down the entire page to see all options available to choose how to be notified, if you would like to be notified at all.

Hope this will be helpful! 🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2