NCL announcement Friday

I expect them to announce that all cruises through the end of October are canceled, though they  may do it in small steps. Eventually I expect them to cancel everything until next spring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

On a business news channel today the reporter said cruise-lines were meeting with CDC today. 

(Cruise-line & Airline stocks down major today.....again)

Not surprising.   All of the major stock indexes are down substantially today. 

30 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Source please.

My opinion just like you saying your opinion about canceling until next spring.  Cruise lines as businesses will be back in business the first moment they get the go ahead.......presumably August to start with.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

In keeping with the theme of this thread-

NCL and other cruise-lines are reportedly meeting with CDC today.   I'll be interested in hearing what they are told by CDC.

if the cdc doesnt want to play ball on a limited aug start up i think they should go above their heads to the WH. 

Just now, seaman11 said:

if the cdc doesnt want to play ball on a limited aug start up i think they should go above their heads to the WH. 

Won't really matter if other countries of the world aren't ready to open up their borders to being infiltrated by people from all over the world.

• Like 2

Just now, Sea saw 56 said:

Won't really matter if other countries of the world aren't ready to open up their borders to being infiltrated by people from all over the world.

well im not talking all over the world , but at ;least florida/texas ports to the caribbean destinations that announced they would be welcoming ships back when they are ready.  

8 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

What is WH?? You referring to World Health Organization (WHO)?

Not sure WHO can override the CDC in this case. I've said it before and I'll repeat whether the CDC is right or wrong, they hold the cards. When both cruiselines and CDC come to an agreement is when sailing will begin. Approx . 3-4 weeks after the agreement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

What is WH?? You referring to World Health Organization (WHO)?

Not sure WHO can override the CDC in this case. I've said it before and I'll repeat whether the CDC is right or wrong, they hold the cards. When both cruiselines and CDC come to an agreement is when sailing will begin. Approx . 3-4 weeks after the agreement.

white house ,  but lets see what they had to say, hopfully it wasnt to extend the order .  we may just see a few  july sailing  pop up if talks were good today 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

What is limited?    And when you mean white house do you mean Trump?

28 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

didnt want to start political talk.  i just think if the cdc does want to extend the order that someone higher up should step in.  

anyone hear any news on this?  something must of leaked by now its 9pm. 

And when that "higher up" steps in we are now talking politics.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

My August booking is looking like a cancellation. It's saying I need to make a payment. So I think there will be an announcement tomorrow.

My September booking on the Encore shows the same thing. If i click on the make payment button, i get a uh-oh error message

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

On a business news channel today the reporter said cruise-lines were meeting with CDC today. 

(Cruise-line & Airline stocks down major today.....again)

I think three things are needed still for US based cruising:

1. A safety /medical management plan acceptable to the CDC (calling the US Coast Guard to come rescue people is a no).  I think the lines have to study the documents.  You can blame the CDC but if people get sick or trapped aboard they will demand refunds and compensation and call their lawyers.  The plan needs to be more than just extra hand sanitizer.  The virus spreads best via inhaled droplets in crowded (mostly indoor) situations.  

2. A departure/arrival port (I have not seen one step up yet? )

3. A foreign destination port where you get off the ship, shop, have drinks, etc. (Required by US labor laws? )

So far, Bahamas Paradise seems to be, despite the fewest resources,  the furthest along.  

Barring the use of military bases (and who wants infected people there- except maybe a corner of some old shipyard)  I'm not sure there is much anyone in the Executive Branch can do.  

Edited by ew101
  • Like 6

I was watching a sailing on the Breakaway out of Miami on August 2nd. I looked 2 days ago and it was wide open, all cabin types available. I just looked 5 minutes ago and it says "Sold Out" across all cabin classes. What does that mean? That they plan to sail with limited capacity and it truly is sold out with only the previously booked reservations? Or that they plan to cancel the trip and don't wan't to have to move any more reservations so they made it look sold out and blocked bookings? The next weeks sailing of August 9th is all "Sold Out" as well? Any ideas?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reeinaz said:

My August booking is looking like a cancellation. It's saying I need to make a payment. So I think there will be an announcement tomorrow.

Mine from Florida is still intact . interested what happened during the meeting. Surprised nothing leaked yet.