Aug & Sept

English-Greg

We are booked on Freedom for Oct 11. Our final payment is due in July. I just hope if CCL cancels it they will let us know before then. But I’m losing faith. We are optimists and really thought an Oct cruise would be a go......but here we are. I just can’t see it happening, especially with the big spikes in TX. And now we are having big spikes here in AR. If it is cancelled we’ll be taking a road trip for that week. Fingers crossed that our Dec Vista Cruise sails. What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

8 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Wow!  I'm guessing they will only let you use that on one cruise and not spread out to several?  I don't think there is any way I would use that much.  Sure would be a bummer to lose it.

1600 in OBC?  Start off with Cheers, gratuities and specialty restaurants.  That should kill about 1000.  Leaving 600 for excursions, spa or duty free shopping.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

If they do have to cancel August and (possibly) September, it'd be a terrible thing. Unfortunately, there are some who are diehard negative who will probably be happy to see it happen. I hope their voices don't drown out voices of reason and optimism. In the last few weeks, this forum was finally turning a corner from all the negativity and doom & gloom. It's been refreshing. I hope we can keep that ball rolling, even if they do have to cancel more cruises. I feel for those who have had to go through that process multiple times, but hang in there.

believe it or not; it is possible for someone to want life to get back to normal, to want cruising to re-open and be ready to cheer when it is; but to also apply logic to a situation and realize that we just aren’t there yet. I’m positive at this point that August and September cruising will be canceled, I’m not ‘happy’ about it, but have been waiting for the truth (that has been easy to see) to come to light In the hopes that the people who have been stubbornly holding onto the idea of a summer cruise would give it up (for their own sanity) and rebook for next year. 

where I am with all this. In the winter a friend and I discussed taking a cruise in October. We gave that idea up in May. We had been planning for the last couple years on taking a large international trip in February/March. We are still holding out a maybe for that but as the year goes on it’s looking more and more like that will get pushed back to. It sucks. I would like nothing more than for cruising to start up in August, international travel to get going again, and all the travel advisories to go away so we can start booking our trips. Believe it or not, I need a vacation too. But from the beginning of these cancellations I decided it wasn’t a good time or money investment to play the cancel rebook game. So I refuse to book anything until there is clear evidence that these things are coming back.... the rebook for March, April, May, June, August game people are playing is blowing my mind.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

believe it or not; it is possible for someone to want life to get back to normal, to want cruising to re-open and be ready to cheer when it is; but to also apply logic to a situation and realize that we just aren’t there yet. I’m positive at this point that August and September cruising will be canceled, I’m not ‘happy’ about it, but have been waiting for the truth (that has been easy to see) to come to light In the hopes that the people who have been stubbornly holding onto the idea of a summer cruise would give it up (for their own sanity) and rebook for next year. 

where I am with all this. In the winter a friend and I discussed taking a cruise in October. We gave that idea up in May. We had been planning for the last couple years on taking a large international trip in February/March. We are still holding out a maybe for that but as the year goes on it’s looking more and more like that will get pushed back to. It sucks. I would like nothing more than for cruising to start up in August, international travel to get going again, and all the travel advisories to go away so we can start booking our trips. Believe it or not, I need a vacation too. But from the beginning of these cancellations I decided it wasn’t a good time or money investment to play the cancel rebook game. So I refuse to book anything until there is clear evidence that these things are coming back.... the rebook for March, April, May, June, August game people are playing is blowing my mind.

Very reasonable realist post.  Thank you.  It is refreshing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Everybody makes their own choice.

Putting people on ignore works well.  I have a long list now, and the boards are so much better for me.  I do see their posts if they are quoted, but it's so much better.  I would recommend it.  No good comes from discussing something with someone who seems to have an agenda.  The political posts were the straw that did it for me.  I don't come to CC to read about politics or insults to half of the country.  But whatever the reason, putting someone on ignore might make the boards more pleasant than continuously arguing with them.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I think it's sad when I see people say something against those who are just trying to be hopeful and optimistic. That positive mindset has been attacked many times on this forum in the last few months, and it's completely uncalled for. I said it a few times in the past, never in my life have I witnessed hope and optimism being treated with such condemnation. I'm not saying your approach is that strong, because it isn't, but when you say the truth has been easy to see and you want all the stubborn people to give up being optimistic about their cruises, that's certainly in line with that condemnation of hope that I mentioned. You say they need to come to grips with it for their own sanity. That's not for you to determine. That very hope & optimism that they display just might be what they want/need for their own healthy, happy state of mind. In fact, that's the purpose of hope...to offer light in the darkness.

All I want, all many of us want, is to be able to live our lives to our own choosing. To be able to say we're ready to go on a cruise in the coming months, even if the virus is still out there, without being berated by people who don't want to hear it. I don't have a problem if someone doesn't think cruising will happen in Aug./Sept. I have a problem with the ones who push their extremely negative views at all costs and disrupt rational, civil discussions. Then want to brag about it if their speculations just so happen to come true. If someone chooses to stay home and not go on vacation, good on them. By all means, they should look out for their own best interests. But people need to stop insisting that their best interests are what's best for everyone else.

Discussions like this grow tiresome. For a couple months, I barely visited this forum because all those negative voices became the loudest ones and it made this forum a very toxic environment. I don't want to see that happen again because we were finally getting away from it. I'll say it again because I don't think it can be said enough. Oftentimes, it's not what people say, but how they say it.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

and Panorama's cruises, They are just only showing 24th and 31st sailings..   Ya think the Halloween cruise "31st" would be sold out first.

I was booked on the Panorama October 17th cruise but I cancelled it a couple of months ago. I knew it would not sail and wanted to get a head start on my deposit refund.😢

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Putting people on ignore works well.  I have a long list now, and the boards are so much better for me.  I do see their posts if they are quoted, but it's so much better.  I would recommend it.  No good comes from discussing something with someone who seems to have an agenda.  The political posts were the straw that did it for me.  I don't come to CC to read about politics or insults to half of the country.  But whatever the reason, putting someone on ignore might make the boards more pleasant than continuously arguing with them.

I don't typically put people on ignore because I'm the type who prefers to take a stand against the ones with the worst behavior (as if some of you couldn't tell that about me already LOL). That and I hate to see those voices take over the discussions. So it's not always easy for me to bite my tongue. I do realize that, no matter how many people try to point it out to them, some of them aren't going to approach things differently. They're here to disrupt, period. I apologize if my responses to them have made it uncomfortable for anyone. Those weren't my intentions. I think I'm going to take your advice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't typically put people on ignore because I'm the type who prefers to take a stand against the ones with the worst behavior (as if some of you couldn't tell that about me already LOL). That and I hate to see those voices take over the discussions. So it's not always easy for me to bite my tongue. I do realize that, no matter how many people try to point it out to them, some of them aren't going to approach things differently. They're here to disrupt, period. I apologize if my responses to them have made it uncomfortable for anyone. Those weren't my intentions. I think I'm going to take your advice.

Your responses are fine with me.  More power to you for having the energy.  It's not worth it for me.  Some people are only happy if they can force their views on other people and will insult anyone with a different point of view.  I have no interest in discussing things with those people because I only end up getting annoyed.  I would prefer to not even see those posts any more.  So if someone attacks me and I don't respond, there's a 90% chance I have them on ignore.  LOL.  The past month is the first time I have ever put anyone on ignore or block on a message board.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

All I want, all many of us want, is to be able to live our lives to our own choosing. To be able to say we're ready to go on a cruise in the coming months, even if the virus is still out there, without being berated by people who don't want to hear it. I don't have a problem if someone doesn't think cruising will happen in Aug./Sept.

Unfortunately the CDC seems determined to not give people the ability to choose if they want to cruise or not. What is frustrating to me is statistics continue to show the overwhelming majority of people who have died due to COVID-19 are 65 and over or have serious underlying medical issues. It doesn’t make sense to me to shut down an entire industry based on a virus that in most cases is only seriously impacting certain groups of people. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

We are booked on Freedom for Oct 11. Our final payment is due in July. I just hope if CCL cancels it they will let us know before then. But I’m losing faith. We are optimists and really thought an Oct cruise would be a go......but here we are. I just can’t see it happening, especially with the big spikes in TX. And now we are having big spikes here in AR. If it is cancelled we’ll be taking a road trip for that week. Fingers crossed that our Dec Vista Cruise sails. What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My freedom cruise is oct 4th, my ta is making my final payment today. At most ccl will say something about august and sept. I doubt oct. I'm paying it and hoping it's a go

14 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Unfortunately the CDC seems determined to not give people the ability to choose if they want to cruise or not. What is frustrating to me is statistics continue to show the overwhelming majority of people who have died due to COVID-19 are 65 and over or have serious underlying medical issues. It doesn’t make sense to me to shut down an entire industry based on a virus that in most cases is only seriously impacting certain groups of people. 

Frankly we dont know what the cdc says going forward. All I hear is silence from them. Dr faucci people are tired of his doom and gloom. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My freedom cruise is oct 4th, my ta is making my final payment today. At most ccl will say something about august and sept. I doubt oct. I'm paying it and hoping it's a go

I've made a note to revisit our issue a week prior to our final payment due date.  Even though it will cost us $100 in fees, if things are drastically better we'll be cancelling our Oct 11 cruise.  No way do I want to be on those first few cruises as a guinea pig - I'm just sayin'.  Plus my employer has restrictions in place that require a 2 week quarantine upon return for those who take a cruise. 😞

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I never put people on ignore because I am always open to hearing what other people have to say even if I may not agree with them. As you know I have strong opinions on a lot of issues related to Carnival, but I am not naive enough to think that my views are always right. I frequently learn things from other posters who look/view certain things with a completely different perspective than I do. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Frankly we dont know what the cdc says going forward. All I hear is silence from them. Dr faucci people are tired of his doom and gloom. 

I would bet my last dollar the CDC extends the no sail order. If this doesn’t happen, NCL has a serious leadership problem based on their recent extension of cancelling cruises. Agree with your point about Dr. Fauci. All you have to do is look around the country to see that most people are tired of the shutdowns, lockdowns, etc. and want to get back to some degree of normalcy, while recognizing  the coronavirus is still an issue that can’t be ignored. 

6 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Per John Heald this morning they are gone due to lower capacity I believe 

Same logic was given to us months ago when our May cruise disappeared. About a week later they cancelled it.

I'm assuming my August cruise doesn't sail, but I'll continue to hold on to whatever tiny sliver of hope there is until then.

• Like 2