Sky Princess

pasta1

I was on the Sky Princess at the end of January.  She is a beautiful ship.  The only negatives for me were no Crooners and the Wake Pool in the aft.  I prefer the setup of the Regal Princess.  Having said that - would I sail on the Sky Princess again?  Absolutely.   

we also missed Crooners ... for some reason Take 5 just didn't "do it" for us ... maybe the timing was off 

hope to give it another shot at the end of November if it sails 

there's a great thread out there somewhere - I think it was Colo Cruiser - that did a live from on the inaugural TA - maybe someone can find and link that 

You can find reviews here:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=1180

We were actually disappointed on our Sky Princess cruise. I guess it depends on what you are looking for, as it is different things for different people. It's a beautiful ship, but really lacked options to listen to music after dinner in the evenings---unless you are big on jazz. We prefer the Grand Class ships.

Different strokes for different folks> ☺️

• Thanks 1

We sailed our b2b on the Sky back in Jan/Feb.  We hand't been on a Royal class ship since back in 2013 on the Royal.  I found the Sky to be a great ship.  True there was no Crooners, but Take Five was a fairly decent replacement.  I really like the addition of the aft pool.  The entertainment options were also very good. Overall, I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10.  I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 1

We sailed Sky Princess March 7th to 14th and then things went south for the cruise industry.  Sky is a beautiful ship and fantastic service throughout the ship. We spent every evening pre-dinner in Crown Grill bar and had great service there from Ryan. 
We had 2 of the best waitstaff in the MDR (Dan & Mark) that we have ever had on a cruise., and we’ve been cruising for over 25 years.

We plan on being back on Sky Princess for b2b cruises in March 2021.  We are really hoping those cruises will be a go. 

yeah, it would be nice in November ( if it sails ) that at least some of the crew is the same as it was when we went on the USA 'inaugural v2.0' in December especially in Vines , Good Spirits, and Bellini's 

13 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Before the pandemic, a good percentage of the crew were going to be assigned to start up Enchanted Princess.  But now, I guess that could definitely change.  

I would love to see them again on Sky Princess also.

yeah, some of them had been on our April 2019 cruise on the CB, and they were talking then that there was a good chance

that they were going to the SKY ... and they did

We loved Sky Princess with the exception of the adult pool.  We really disliked not being able to look out at the ocean when near the pool and that they removed the pool steps. That was one of our favorite areas on the Royal and Regal.

• Like 1

We did a b2b on the Sky in January when a large group took over both Club Fusion and Take 5 maybe 6 out of 7 nights that first week.  This made for over crowding every night in the other entertainment venues.  There was another large group the second week, but was not as disruptive.  

I didn’t care for the closed in area of the sanctuary pool.  I also didn’t care for the couch set up aft on the Lido deck.  But I still enjoyed my time in both areas.  When we were able to get into Take 5, it was fine with music that was not hard core jazz.  

That being said, I would sail on her again in a heartbeat. We are due to sail on her again for New Years this December.  We still had a great time both weeks. We had 2 of the best servers ever.  Shows in Princess Live were very funny. I did like the new layout.  Truly enjoyed the production shows.  Buffet was still my favorite set up with a great selection.  We went from a mini suite to a deluxe balcony and found both cabins very comfortable with very attentive stewards.  

I’ve been on 7 different Princess ships and the Sky was among my 3 favorite ships.  

00CD669B-3606-47EA-A274-2DA5A7C07AD8.jpeg

EA1441AF-703B-479C-9EFD-5816A5C4CADA.jpeg

E9F7D96B-C463-443A-B8EF-372904E65E17.jpeg

5631BE84-8B08-46EC-A709-30F0A91B30D5.jpeg

3E394469-171E-4BA3-A4F8-C4554541F5BE.jpeg

Edited by tere247
To add photos

We were on Sky this past March.  Beautiful ship.  Lots of areas to sit and relax through out the ship.  The shopping area seems to be larger, Alfredo's was nice.  Didn't try the new French restaurant but it has an interesting location...right 'in' the atrium.  As usual, on this class of ships the buffet is pretty fantastic in our opinion.  Super selection!! Didn't like at all how there's no library.  I realize that physical books are becoming a thing of the past and now it's the thing to have everything digital but that ain't my thing.  The rooms are well decorated as is the rest of the ship, felt they did good with 'modernizing' the color scheme.  Felt that the ceiling height in our cabin was a little lower than past staterooms on other ships.  Just an observation.  Would definitely sail her again, however really wish that Princess would stop making ships with these dinky balconies!

On 6/19/2020 at 5:57 AM, pasta1 said:

What impression do you have of The Sky Princess?

The ship was beautiful, but we were very disappointed in the shows.  Because of that, we'll avoid her for now.  

Also, as mentioned by pcsunlover, the adult pool area felt so closed in that we didn't even stay there.  

Edited by GottaLuvCruising