Passport - Antigua

dst

All - Thought I would come to the experts; I know it is recommended for a passport, so please lets not go there. I have a friend who does not have one, wants to cruise and her trip stops in Antigua. I thought I read somewhere that Antigua was requiring passports for cruise passengers/stops, anyone know for certain. It is a closed loop cruise, has BC and ID  - can someone confirm or set the record straight. I have searched and cannot find an answer

Thanks

14 minutes ago, dst said:

I thought I read somewhere that Antigua was requiring passports for cruise passengers/stops, anyone know for certain.

I recommend you get that info from the country to be visited, not some CC poster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

St John's Antigua was a port stop for us onboard RCI Adventure in 2018 and we did not have to show a passport.

Agree. We've been to Antigua (St. John's) many times and we've never had to show our passport. Our passports always stay in our cabin safe. 

I have been to Martinique multiple times on cruises and never had to show a passport (same with Antigua). 

The only island I ever needed one for (again, while on a cruise) was when we took an excursion to St. Bart's. Had to take it with us and present upon entry to St. Bart's. 

That has been my experience. Things can always change. 

Enjoy. 

7 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I have been to Martinique multiple times on cruises and never had to show a passport (same with Antigua). 

The only island I ever needed one for (again, while on a cruise) was when we took an excursion to St. Bart's. Had to take it with us and present upon entry to St. Bart's. 

That has been my experience. Things can always change. 

Enjoy. 

Martinique started requiring passports September of last year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Martinique started requiring passports September of last year

The reasoning I heard was that Martinique is a Department of France, considered part of French Republic.  Indeed, it is considered a local phone call to make a call to France. 

A passport is required to enter France....and so a passport is required to enter Martinique.

I was in Martinique in November on a cruise.  We had a note emailed to us before the cruise stating that a passport was required to go ashore.  When we got there. There was no Passport check when disembarking or reboarding. Alway good to have a passport if you are not sure if a port requires it

9 hours ago, sergeant655 said:

I was in Martinique in November on a cruise.  We had a note emailed to us before the cruise stating that a passport was required to go ashore.  When we got there. There was no Passport check when disembarking or reboarding. Alway good to have a passport if you are not sure if a port requires it

Never needed a passport (or anything but ship ID/photo ID) in Antigua.  Both cruise lines I had booked for Martinique were stating that a passport was required just to board the ship.  Sadly, both the spring and summer cruise were cancelled so we never got a chance to find out.

Edited by LeeW
typo