Allure is Headed to Southampton -- What's the plan now?

There was a UK management web conference this morning for C&A members.

Many positive updates re time to issue FCCs etc, but they did say they were keen to get sailing as soon as restrictions lifted. Ben said he was still hoping for an Anthem season this year.

Regarding Spain, he said that they were working closely with the Spanish government to answer their questions about each line would handle boarding, repatriation if needed, and impact on ports. He was positive they were making progress.  I got the impression that whilst Spain has a blanket no cruise ban, if a specific line meets the criteria they would be allowed to cruise. 

I checked Southampton port schedule and Allure Is in and out 3 times. Last one has her leaving August 2nd.

• Like 1

Anthem still needs her 5 year dry dock completed.  Some of that routine scheduled maintenance must occur or she's lose her certificate to sail. 

I don't see any maritime regulators saying... "Oh there's a pandemic, you don't need to maintain the ship to our standards and requirements anymore".  They may allow some things to defer but not for long.

So she'll hang around waiting for a shipyard to let her in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It looks like the Allure is headed to Southampton, I wonder what the plan is now.

I think the plan is food and fuel. Then more waiting.

Edited by Pratique

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

Anthem still needs her 5 year dry dock completed.  Some of that routine scheduled maintenance must occur or she's lose her certificate to sail. 

I don't see any maritime regulators saying... "Oh there's a pandemic, you don't need to maintain the ship to our standards and requirements anymore".  They may allow some things to defer but not for long.

So she'll hang around waiting for a shipyard to let her in.  

She’s getting close to Gibraltar and will go into her dry dock shortly 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

So long as they announce it before August 3rd. 😜

mac_tlc

Have you already made final payment? Since L&S expires on August 1, we will have to decide before then. :classic_wink:

24 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Have you already made final payment? Since L&S expires on August 1, we will have to decide before then. :classic_wink:

We have not. We are already booked on the Harmony TA next year so an L&S would not work for us.  I know we are not going on the Allure TA, even if it magically sails. I have already cancelled all my cruiseplanner purchases and gotten the refunds. Have cancelled the hotel in Barcelona. I will cancel the air portion soon and then decide if we want to roll the dice for the potential 25% return on our money. Today's odds are 3-1 against making final payment. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, little britain said:

There was a UK management web conference this morning for C&A members.

Many positive updates re time to issue FCCs etc, but they did say they were keen to get sailing as soon as restrictions lifted. Ben said he was still hoping for an Anthem season this year.

Regarding Spain, he said that they were working closely with the Spanish government to answer their questions about each line would handle boarding, repatriation if needed, and impact on ports. He was positive they were making progress.  I got the impression that whilst Spain has a blanket no cruise ban, if a specific line meets the criteria they would be allowed to cruise. 

I checked Southampton port schedule and Allure Is in and out 3 times. Last one has her leaving August 2nd.

C&A members or stock holders?  Pretty much all of us are C&A members.

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We have not. We are already booked on the Harmony TA next year so an L&S would not work for us.  I know we are not going on the Allure TA, even if it magically sails.

We're waiting until the last minute to L&S to Harmony. This year looks like a lost cause and even if the Allure TA happens it probably will not be very much fun. Assuming we can even get into Spain. For now Allure will just bide her time as she was before the drydock.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BND said:

C&A members or stock holders?  Pretty much all of us are C&A members.

The invitation said:

Crown & Anchor Society - Exclusive invitation, coffee with Ben Bouldin.

As one of our most valued Crown & Anchor Society members, I would like to invite you to join our exclusive, virtual Royal Caribbean coffee morning. The session will provide the opportunity to hear directly from me on what’s most important to you: our Crew, our Employees, and our Ships.

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Head back to US without crew?

Perhaps the opposite.   Keep the Allure in Southampton and use it as a floating hotel to gather crew from around Europe for an eventual restart in the Caribbean.  They would then sail to the US with their own crew and additional crew for other ships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Perhaps the opposite.   Keep the Allure in Southampton and use it as a floating hotel to gather crew from around Europe for an eventual restart in the Caribbean.  They would then sail to the US with their own crew and additional crew for other ships.

This is fairly likely, as the UK currently has no travel restrictions, so getting crew to a ship there is easier than other places, certainly the US for cruise ship crew.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, little britain said:

The invitation said:

As one of our most valued Crown & Anchor Society members, I would like to invite you to join our exclusive, virtual Royal Caribbean coffee morning. The session will provide the opportunity to hear directly from me on what’s most important to you: our Crew, our Employees, and our Ships.

Interesting.  I hadn't seen anyone else post about this on any other social media site.   I'm assuming it was for UK C&A members since it was with the UK mgt team.

Edited by BND

On 7/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

It looks like the Allure is headed to Southampton, I wonder what the plan is now.

image.png.d9b4eb0fb390e110a6a98337962668aa.png

June 2020 Other Incidents

In early-June 2020, due to delayed construction of the new Galveston Cruise Terminal, RCI cancelled all Allure OTS itineraries previously included in the ship's Galveston homeporting schedule.

To all affected customers RCI offered 3 options:

• Rebooking on Liberty OTS, with price protection (of the original cruise fare paid) or reduced (if the rate is lower), but excluding taxes, port fees, gratuities, non-cruise services and items, as well as Holiday voyages (Christmas-New Year 2020, Easter 2021).
  • Full monetary refund (100%, including non-refundable deposits) within 45 days after submitting the refund request.
  • Rebooking to any 7-night Caribbean cruise itinerary within 4 weeks of the original booking's departure date.

Booked customers had to transfer their Allure OTS booking to Liberty OTS until and including July 7, 2020.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

May 2020 Structural and Technical Issues

In 2020-Q1, Allure OTS had a scheduled drydock refurbishment ("Royal Amplified" project) at Navantia Shipyard (Cadiz, Spain). The budgeted USD 165 million drydocking was initially planned to take place between March 13 and May 9. However, due to the global Coronavirus pandemic that started in mid-March, Navantia Shipyard was closed. The 58-day project was postponed (for May-June) and revised, with most of the changes eventually dropped.

The cruise liner's refurbishment 2020 was replanned as a 30-day "technical drydock". Instead of doing the originally planned upgrades, Royal Caribbean decided to do mainly technical upgrades and regular maintenance works. All refurbishment works planned for the passenger staterooms and onboard venues (enhancing old ones and adding new) were cancelled. The decision was also reasoned with limiting foreign subcontract workers at the shipyard.

The originally planned upgrades were paused and delayed until RCI's financial situation improves. Among the cancelled upgrades were the Ultimate Abyss (aft-located waterslide, world's largest at sea), The Perfect Storm (3-waterslides complex), redesigning Adventure Ocean (youth facilities), adding Giovanni's Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar" (fleet's first reimagined Giovanni's / family restaurant), Spotlight Karaoke (bar lounge).

Due to Navantia Shipyard's closure and RCCL's financial loses during the pandemic, the same happened to the fleetmate Explorer OTS (planned for USD 110 million Royal Amplification).

Allure OTS left Southampton UK on May 10. On May 14, the ship docked in Gibraltar UK (technical stop for bunkering) and remained at anchorage off Cadiz between May 15-22. The vessel was docked at Navantia Shipyard for the refurbishment in the afternoon on May 22.

Upon arrival, due to the large number of crew, Allure OTS was denied entering and berthing after MISAN (Spain's Ministry of Health) intervened. Subsequently, the ban was lifted after the crew was reduced to 301.  For the project, RCI additionally flew ~60 technicians who were first accommodated in a hotel, tested for COVID-19 and then bused to the ship. The revised drydocking project was estimated at ~EUR 16 million (~USD 17,5 M), including mainly hull and machinery maintenance works.

08 March 2020 Crew / Passenger Injuries and Overboards

On March 8, 2020, the cruise liner was rerouted to the Azores Islands (Portugal) due to medical emergency. Reportedly, a male passenger suffered an injury while using one of the Flowriders (surfing simulators located aft on Deck 16). The ship's Captain requested from SAM-Sistema de Autoridade Marítima (the Portuguese coastguard) a rescue helicopter to medevac the injured man to a land hospital.

The incident occurred during the 12-day USA to Europe Transatlantic repositioning crossing (March 1-13) from Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades, Florida) to Barcelona (Spain), with a planned call at Port Malaga Spain (March 11).

Edited by Rocket3D

21 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

So long as they announce it before August 3rd. 😜

mac_tlc

My final for B2B2B starting 10/18 is on the 20th this month.  Decision time.  😵

Edited by island lady

13 hours ago, little britain said:

The invitation said:

We never received the invite!!