Carnival Fantasy

woodscruise

Looking at current locations  of the Carnival fleet, the Fascination is heading to Malta. I am guessing she is headed  to be stripped of machinery etc that Carnival wants to keep and will head to the breakers. The old Sovereign of the Seas is also in Malta and she has been sold to the breakers in Turkey. The former Monarch of the Seas arrived at the breakers a few days ago. Also Interesting is the Ectasy and Liberty are both headed to Durban. It makes me wonder if the Ectasy is also leaving the fleet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, H184A said:

Looking at current locations  of the Carnival fleet, the Fascination is heading to Malta. I am guessing she is headed  to be stripped of machinery etc that Carnival wants to keep and will head to the breakers. The old Sovereign of the Seas is also in Malta and she has been sold to the breakers in Turkey. The former Monarch of the Seas arrived at the breakers a few days ago. Also Interesting is the Ectasy and Liberty are both headed to Durban. It makes me wonder if the Ectasy is also leaving the fleet.

Most likely the Ecstasy is not leaving for now, which is why it is in Africa to most likely head back to the Caribbean. It could leave in two years when the next dry dock is due. This was when the Fantasy was originally supposed to leave, but this was sadly sped up. 

21 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

According to the brand ambassador, yes. He just confirmed that none of the ships destined to be sold or scrapped have been identified as of yet. 

What he meant to say was "none of the ships destined to be sold or scrapped have been PUBLICLY identified." The transactions have probably not taken place, yet, so it would be inappropriate to announce this now, even though it is perfectly clear to many what is happening with Fantasy and Inspiration.

If the two ships are sold why don’t they just announce it.I have the Fantasy booked on a journey cruise for sept. 2021.I have had 6 cruises canceled including the Radiance and Mardi Gras and at this point I am thinking about not rebooking.

I have sailed on the Fantasy several times but when all this happened I was convicted that we had seen the last of the Fantasy and several other ships. This is sad and ultimately I am pessimistic about the future of cruising in the post COVID world- less ships and higher prices. 

On 7/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, woodscruise said:

Just check AIS and it is showing Carnival Fantasy is now underway at 14 Knots. Destination is showing Izmir Turkey.

Sadly, it does look like Fantasy is heading to Turkey.  Does anyone have any idea when we will hear something official from Carnival?  My husband and I are booked on the 10-day cruise out of Mobile, AL in mid-September 2021. We are just hoping the rumors aren't true but AIS is clearly confirming that she is indeed headed to Turkey 😫

Screenshot_20200717-113413.png

Add this one to the rumor pile(or not), my co-worker’s Brother’s Friend’s Sister has family that lives in Curacao and her uncle’s brother in-laws neighbor’s nephew helped unload the Fantasy. According to him only older equipment unloaded to make way from newer(used) equipment from other Carnival Corp ship’s schedules to be scraped at that location. Reliable???

• Haha 1

Just now, Moz said:

Why is JH denying th'sat Fantasy is being scraped.  He mentioned this in his morning's remarks.

Why are people insisting that it is being scrapped? Where is the proof? Even if headed for Izmir, it could be for repairs or other work, prior to being sold, for example.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Moz said:

Why is JH denying th'sat Fantasy is being scraped.  He mentioned this in his morning's remarks.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Why are people insisting that it is being scrapped? Where is the proof? Even if headed for Izmir, it could be for repairs or other work, prior to being sold, for example.

The Carnival Cruise Line ships that will be sold or scrapped, if any, have yet to be identified per senior officials. At this time, we do not have enough information regarding the Fantasy's upcoming visit to Izmir to determine a conclusion. 

Carnival is still offering. Spoke with cruise office. They claim no knowledge of fantasy being sold. So far no email cancellation of my 2021 August cruise. My cruise consultant is no longer with the company.  Still wondering if they will send a new sip to Mobile port. 

49 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I agree.Izmir is a major shipbuilding, repair facility in Turkey. The shipbreaking is located in Izmir’s Aliaga region. 

"Izmir’s Aliaga region is the main hub for the country’s ship breaking and recycling facilities. Turkey is currently the fourth biggest country in the world for ship breaking and recycling, after India, Bangladesh and China. Turkish shipbreaking yards recycled about 1 million tons of steel in 2015. It is estimated that the ship breaking and recycling industry provides 10,000 jobs in Turkey." 

Soooo, if you see on a ship tracking website that the ship is headed to Aliaga, then good chances are it's going to be scrapped. 

https://investingroup.org/snapshot/273/blue-growth-maritime-industry-in-turkey-turkey/

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Could they be doing the dry dock she’s scheduled for in Dec?

It's possible, and that would be a very promising sign for Radiance as well because it means Spain is getting back to work.

That, could come back to bite Carnival though, if sailing doesn't resume soon, as that would be millions of dollars that could have been used to support newer vessels.

There's also a possibility that a shipyard has purchased Fascination for their own use as a hotel facility.

• Like 1