All NCL-Cruises in October are "zeroed out"

monsterl

12 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

If they cancel it you can get a refund.

I would take the refund regardless of the FCC/OBC offers. Unless it is a very small amount like a deposit.

I canceled my cruise on RCL, I had a fully refundable deposit. Not the least bit interested in FCC offers. Just get my money back and call it a day for cruising until I see what becomes of it after the covid stuff goes away.

More than 50% of cancelled cruisers take the FCC (and not a refund). So, your recommendation is in the minority. 

Edited by BirdTravels

16 minutes ago, casofilia said:

My guess is that you will have the FCC returned.   Refunds are made to the method of "payment" used to make the booking.   FCCs issued by the cruise line have "No financial value".

That's what I figured would be the most likely scenario.

Unfortunately I naively didn't take the initial refund and hoped for sailings in the fall 😞

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

It is beyond belief that NCL haven't "bitten the bullet" and cancelled all cruises for the rest of 2020.   Then everyone would know where they stand.

They make money off the float interest of the deposits.  The longer they wait the more the make.  Also they’re extremely cash-poor (see how long it’s taking to process refunds).  That’s why they’re not doing it.  

1 hour ago, Newleno said:

lets go cruising, you dont have to go if you dont want to

He doesn’t have to, but an inconsiderate person such as yourself might accidentally kill his grandma, so it’s a good thing right now that you don’t have that choice.  

Edited by Fido Chuckwagon
  • Like 3

@Fido Chuckwagon

They make money off the float interest of the deposits. 

I don't know what the interest rate they would get BUT is the "little" interest they would get worth the really negative "publicity" they are getting by their failure to both issue refunds promptly and to fail to cancel?

1 minute ago, casofilia said:

@Fido Chuckwagon

They make money off the float interest of the deposits. 

I don't know what the interest rate they would get BUT is the "little" interest they would get worth the really negative "publicity" they are getting by their failure to both issue refunds promptly and to fail to cancel?

You’re right, it’s mostly not the float.  It’s mostly that they are hemorrhaging money and are almost certainly using deposits and any new money from final payments to cover expenses and trying to avoid refunding as long as possible to keep the shell game going.  

39 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

If they cancel it you can get a refund.

I would take the refund regardless of the FCC/OBC offers. Unless it is a very small amount like a deposit.

I canceled my cruise on RCL, I had a fully refundable deposit. Not the least bit interested in FCC offers. Just get my money back and call it a day for cruising until I see what becomes of it after the covid stuff goes away.

Yes, very wise move, even if it is unpopular. In another year, those cruise credits won't be worth the paper they are printed on. My dad always taught me Cash Is King, and how very applicable it is to this situation.

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

It is beyond belief that NCL haven't "bitten the bullet" and cancelled all cruises for the rest of 2020.   Then everyone would know where they stand.

YES!!!   

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

More than 50% of cancelled cruisers take the FCC (and not a refund). So, your recommendation is in the minority. 

Of course they do. Predictable result, there.

The only way you can get a refund is by jumping through hundreds of hoops. You have to opt out of FCC, the day can't end in a Y, it can't be a full moon. Even after all of that, you might get your refund within 90 days from filing or 90 business days from filing, or basically whenever NCL wants to give it to you. I mean, if you make it hard enough, many will just give in. The percentages are real close to 50/50.

Always remember.....do not go where the path may lead, go instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Yes, very wise move, even if it is unpopular. In another year, those cruise credits won't be worth the paper they are printed on. My dad always taught me Cash Is King, and how very applicable it is to this situation.

This is true.  The likelihood that one or all of the major cruiselines goes belly-up goes up by the day, especially when the credit markets inevitably tighten becuase of our double dip recession based upon the worsening coronavirus situation.  If NCL goes bankrupt those FCC credits truly won’t be worth the paper they are printed on.  You’ll all be lucky to get pennies on the dollar well behind other creditors in line.  

Edited by Fido Chuckwagon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Of course they do. Predictable result, there.The only way you can get a refund is by jumping through hundreds of hoops. You have to opt out of FCC, the day can't end in a Y, it can't be a full moon. Even after all of that, you might get your refund within 90 days from filing or 90 business days from filing, or basically whenever NCL wants to give it to you. I mean, if you make it hard enough, many will just give in. The percentages are real close to 50/50.

How many cruises have you cancelled and had refunded? 

The process was simple as can be. 

2 hours ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

You’re right, it’s mostly not the float.  It’s mostly that they are hemorrhaging money and are almost certainly using deposits and any new money from final payments to cover expenses and trying to avoid refunding as long as possible to keep the shell game going.  

It's call good business. 

Just now, BirdTravels said:

How many cruises have you cancelled and had refunded? 

The process was simple as can be. 

I cancelled one 120 days ago. NCL is still playing games with refundable port charges, taxes, and service charges. Try telling NCL how simple it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps this is the wrong thread to ask, but I had a cruise booked in Oct using FCC from previously cancelled cruise in April.

From the looks of it, the upcoming cruise is getting cancelled too.

Does anyone know what options I have at that point? Am I stuck with the FCC, or will I have the option to get a cash refund?

3bd167b6f2bb7bfce5373300bd160dbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They make money off the float interest of the deposits.  The longer they wait the more the make.  Also they’re extremely cash-poor (see how long it’s taking to process refunds).  That’s why they’re not doing it.  

I doubt if they’re making interest. They are likely using the money to cover costs of maintaining ships with minimum crew and no income

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10 hours ago, pentiumvi said:

That's what I figured would be the most likely scenario.

Unfortunately I naively didn't take the initial refund and hoped for sailings in the fall 😞

I wouldn't say naively....at the time, no one had any idea that cruising could be on hold for >1 year with a risk that some may not make it out the other end of this pandemic! That, of course, is why NCL dangled the carrot but I would not fault anyone for accepting such offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

More testing, more cases....death rate going down too....

Yeah we just got to get back to cruising, when everyone was cruising there was much happiness, since cruising stopped mean people have filled the void, if we can just get back to cruising the world will be back to normal, cruising is the denominator.

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sorry to disappoint you, that data actually says otherwise and actually undercounts, a tragedy 

91-DIVOC-countries-UnitedStates.png

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Sorry to disappoint you, that data actually says otherwise and actually undercounts, a tragedy 

91-DIVOC-countries-UnitedStates.png

I concur zero out cruises aint the way to go, we got to get back to cruising, So there will be no more disappointment

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sadly, that's not correct.  And, per the experts, the death rate typically lags a few weeks behind rising cases.  I wish it weren't so.  

2 hours ago, Newleno said:

....if we can just get back to cruising the world will be back to normal, cruising is the denominator.

Sadly, the increasing level of Covid-19 deaths is the numerator.....so cruising not gonna happen anytime soon! 😉