All NCL-Cruises in October are "zeroed out"

monsterl

On 7/18/2020 at 10:22 PM, BirdTravels said:

More than 50% of cancelled cruisers take the FCC (and not a refund). So, your recommendation is in the minority. 

Out of date more are now taking cash as NCL is looking ropey again!

CDC Extends 'No Sail Order' by Two More Months

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention has issued an extension of its No Sail Order that was due to expire July 24, extending it until September 30, 2020, for all cruises out of U.S. ports of call.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5467/?et_cid=3345900&et_rid=16914174&et_referrer=Popup_Main

According to the chat line,  I was told to check back wed, as all itineraries for Oct are being redone!  I asked originally for NY, but she said US when I asked her.  Guess we’ll have to wait and see😱

• Like 1

@tokidoki

Latest cruise news is the Bahamas has banned us from the US and Canada/Europe is still allowed to visit??

The statement that was made was:-

"All international commercial flights are banned from entering the Bahamas, effective Wednesday, July 22. The only exemptions are visitors from the United Kingdom, European Union and Canada who have tested negative, Prime Minister Hubert Minnis said in a nationally televised address Sunday."

Note the piece I have bolded, very important

• Like 1

Next round of cancellations...NCL has taken all cruises out of sale throughout October.

Source: bookingsystem

Anyone on the breakaway October 16th? Made final payment keeping fingers crossed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10 hours ago, marko949 said:

Anyone on the breakaway October 16th? Made final payment keeping fingers crossed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are hoping for a future cruise credit, you are in luck. Uncross your fingers and wait for the cancellation announcement!! 

If you are expecting to sail from NYC, unfortunately  that cruise doesn't stand a chance. 

Oh, and before someone chimes in and states the obvious, the above comment is my educated opinion based upon my understanding of the current situation and other relevant factors. I might be right or I might be wrong.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, Sand and Seas said:

I haven't seen any announcement. 

Just interesting that when you do a mock booking for October cruises all categories show sold out.

Per my post #52 above, the have already pulled the money from our reservation in October. Sad. 

On 7/18/2020 at 4:51 PM, pentiumvi said:

Perhaps this is the wrong thread to ask, but I had a cruise booked in Oct using FCC from previously cancelled cruise in April.

From the looks of it, the upcoming cruise is getting cancelled too.

Does anyone know what options I have at that point? Am I stuck with the FCC, or will I have the option to get a cash refund?

NCL

The original FCC amount will be returned to the guests' profile. If an affected booking has a previously applied FCC (as a result of a previous suspended sailing), the enhanced value future cruise credit will not be applicable. Bookings under this circumstance are not eligible for a cash refund and will receive the original value of the FCC back to the guests’ profile.

Note FCCs have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a guest opts to retain the FCC provided, the guest hereby agrees to all of NCL’s terms and conditions associated with the FCC, which can also be found on www.ncl.com/cruise-faq. Please be advised that at no time will an FCC be redeemable for cash, including but not limited to situations of possible future cruise suspensions, displacements, cancellations or if the FCC exceeds the time in which it must be used.

8 minutes ago, GeminiBrian said:

It looks like October cruises are no longer showing as Sold Out. I checked a number of different ships and ports. This image is indicative of what shows for October 2020.

image.png.740ad6471eb035a1fb388d6a9c074fd0.png

Try and do a 'mock booking' by selecting a category.   My former Oct 31 Joy cruise shows totally Sold Out, so no longer available.   It had all categories available a week or so ago.

Edited by Sand and Seas