All NCL-Cruises in October are "zeroed out"

monsterl

10 hours ago, GeminiBrian said:

Oh. Dang, my bad. I didn't go past the screen I showed before. Indeed, they do still say Sold Out. Guess I had my 'wishful thinking' blinders on.

I know what you mean!   

My wishful thinking now has me planning "If this March cruise is going to cancel, which one should I try for next?"

Just now, spanishguy1970 said:

i think the only cruise people will do this year would be a pontoon on a lake 🙂

I'd take that over no sailing at all. 😂

BTW and sorry to go off-topic, but I noticed your user name is @spanishguy1970 and your location is Washington, DC. Are you Spanish and do you live in DC? (I am a big fan of Spain and was supposed to go there next month, plus I work in DC). Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

I'd take that over no sailing at all. 😂

BTW and sorry to go off-topic, but I noticed your user name is @spanishguy1970 and your location is Washington, DC. Are you Spanish and do you live in DC? (I am a big fan of Spain and was supposed to go there next month, plus I work in DC). Thanks!

yes, i am Spanish and have lived in Maryland since 1980. My port of choice is Barcelona, love love love my city :-)...

9 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

yes, i am Spanish and have lived in Maryland since 1980. My port of choice is Barcelona, love love love my city :-)...

Sorry we won't be meeting on the Jade TA in October.  (We love Barcelona as well.)  Stay safe.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Me encanta Barcelona, fuimos allí en 2019 para celebrar mi cumpleaños.

(I love Barcelona, we went there in 2019 to celebrate my birthday)-CC requires you to translate any content originally in a foreign language, BTW. I am not fluent in Catalan but I do understand a good bit of it. I would have sent this in a private message but Cruise Critic disabled that function for some reason. Apologies to other posters....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Me encanta Barcelona, fuimos allí en 2019 para celebrar mi cumpleaños.

(I love Barcelona, we went there in 2019 to celebrate my birthday)-CC requires you to translate any content originally in a foreign language, BTW. I am not fluent in Catalan but I do understand a good bit of it. I would have sent this in a private message but Cruise Critic disabled that function for some reason. Apologies to other posters....

Felicidades. I hope to retire to Barcelona. Stay safe 🙂

15 minutes ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

I chatted with an agent today who said October cruises are frozen while NCL talks with WHO and other agencies. She said maybe an announcement would happen today or tomorrow. Impatiently waiting...sigh

Why would they be talking to WHO when their expensive panel is not supposed to have a report until end of August?  I think the agent was just making up a story.

• Like 1

Like many other things, Broadway, sport events, concerts, I have serious doubts that cruises would resume not until there is an effective vaccine, a mandatory one. I haven't heard or seen of any protocol being discussed on the event of a new Covid19 case on board, just imagine a repeat of the beginning , whole ship in quarantine, no country to dock, locked in your cabin until....

Just the same nightmare !

10 minutes ago, pinklady65 said:

I spoke to NCL UK customer services today and they said that the announcement is delayed until next week.  Not sure if that is good or bad 😄

It's more than just freezing reservations, they have removed all of the money from the reservations. From a reservation-holder perspective, it looks exactly like earlier cancellations. 

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It's more than just freezing reservations, they have removed all of the money from the reservations.

Just trying to understand what you mean by that.   If someone had made final payment on one of those cruises, for example, what do you mean by “they’ve removed the money from the reservation.”  Thanks. 

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It's more than just freezing reservations, they have removed all of the money from the reservations. From a reservation-holder perspective, it looks exactly like earlier cancellations. 

That sounds like theft... surely that's not what it is.  So, they've taken the monies pax have paid and used it to keep them afloat, pun intended, as with all previous cancellations. 

Is that the meaning? 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Just saw a post from a cruise consultant who I have cruised with before. All NCL cruises cancelled until October 31st.

There’s an entire thread discussing this (which also contains NCL’s official announcement):