CL/SL future when cruising returns.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

The same with the face coverings that people are wearing.

They do NOT protect the person wearing them.  They are to protect infected people from infecting others.

And the issue with caught particles is the same with any of the face coverings/masks.

To the extent face masks are acknowledged as capable of preventing exhalations from infecting others, it is absurd to contend that whatever filtration effect they have is only one way.  Sure - their primary purpose is to prevent the wearer from infecting others, but they also (very slightly) do protect the wearer.  

Yes, to the extent they do intercept any infectious agents, care must be exercised in handling them to avoid inhalation - which the primary risk in dealing with COVID.

Regular and careful hand washing is also obviously necessary.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Will the CL require a different mask type than the SL?  I mean this thread was about the possible changes in the CL/SL. 😇

M8

The SL  masks will need to be bedazzled😇 

Edited by molly361
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Will the CL require a different mask type than the SL?  I mean this thread was about the possible changes in the CL/SL. 😇

M8

They should have just left the old mask thead unlocked. It used to be that everything degraded into tipping threads. Now masks seem to have taken over that spot. I prefer the tipping theme myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should have just left the old mask thead unlocked. It used to be that everything degraded into tipping threads. Now masks seem to have taken over that spot. I prefer the tipping theme myself.

Ok I'll bite.  Is it okay to remove the auto grats?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The boss suiting up. Required gear for D+ if CL access is allowed. 😂😇

I am very pleased to see that you now feel us D+ folks as deserving of protection as opposed to extinction.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 8/4/2020 at 3:22 PM, davekathy said:

Don't you just love it when someone assumes what you are thinking or will say? Now speaking about HH wine. 😉🍷

LOL...yeah, my "5:00 somewhere" is closer to yours now.  We are on "Yukon" time.  Four hours later than Florida time.   Alaska sticks out into the water quite a bit west.  😉   Happy hours are really good up here too.  🍷

On 8/4/2020 at 6:32 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Isn't that a Neil Diamond song? It's a long..long road, with many a winding turn that leads to who, who knows where.....

LOL...sounds about right.  😉  Since this current road did not lead to Radiance B2B Alaska...we are now just road tripping around.  Great jet boat tour yesterday, doing a bush plane round trip from Fairbanks to the Arctic circle tomorrow.  Was already doing 2 weeks on our own, followed by the two week cruise...I replaced the cruise with 2 weeks in Homer AK that I added on.  55 degrees here right now...different than the 95 in Florida.  😲

On 8/4/2020 at 7:16 PM, Coralc said:

How's Alaska? How'd the airport go? :classic_smile:

Great!!  A bit chilly...but that is what we came for.  😉  

No problems at Anchorage airport at all.  Long line to check in to submit health forms, but not bad.  We were tested at the required 72 hours in advance of flight before we left, but they did not even want to see proof that we were (that I tried to show them).   

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Choices keep changing...but nice thing is I can visit the LA on board if I want to change selection.  🙂 

Actually, I need to find another red for a change.   Any suggestions?

What's your favorite white?

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

Cotton masks for the CL.

Cashmere Burberry scarfs for the SL.🤫

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

LOL...yeah, my "5:00 somewhere" is closer to yours now.  We are on "Yukon" time.  Four hours later than Florida time.   Alaska sticks out into the water quite a bit west.  😉   Happy hours are really good up here too.  🍷

Glad you are in Alaska enjoying yourselves. Stay warm and dry and watch out for those mosquitoes.  Any Moosehead beer where you are? 🍻🍷

• Like 1