CL/SL future when cruising returns.

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, as usual, you are completely wrong.  

Dude you need to take a chill pill.  Sanctimony is not helpful.  You are so assured you are right that you don’t see how wrong you are...  

People who disagree with you do it on the basis of science.  

You spout science, but have no clue about it.  

I didn't even think your comment was about masks. I figured it had to do with the topic at hand

On 8/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, yogimax said:

Do you live in Hawaii?

Nope, but my Mother was from there, and most of my living close relatives are there.

I get out there every few years.

If not spam, the Portagee sausage for breakfast

HMM, I may have to fix one of the two for lunch. 😄

17 minutes ago, SRF said:

Nope, but my Mother was from there, and most of my living close relatives are there.

I get out there every few years.

If not spam, the Portagee sausage for breakfast

HMM, I may have to fix one of the two for lunch. 😄

Hawaii, one of the most beautiful places on earth!  I still have wonderful images in my mind of the Hanalei Overlook on Kauai.

As for the food, all I can say is "onolicious!"

Edited by yogimax

As a relatively new D+ I have only been in the CL when I have had a suite

I am not fussed by the change, but it should relate to crowding on each individual cruise, and left to the onboard loyalty ambassador

Example: February cruise, the DL was overflowing every night, while the CL was mostly empty. On this cruise the D+ could have been accommodated in the CL, which would have provided a better atmosphere in there and released some of the pressure from the DL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I am not fussed by the change, but it should relate to crowding on each individual cruise, and left to the onboard loyalty ambassador

Example: February cruise, the DL was overflowing every night, while the CL was mostly empty. On this cruise the D+ could have been accommodated in the CL, which would have provided a better atmosphere in there and released some of the pressure from the DL

What ship, and was there an overflow?

11 hours ago, Espn said:

Wow this thread is still going, time to lock it down. I don’t care about D+ or P’s, although most of you are perfectly nice people, I will never be one. Just don’t take all the seats in the SL please

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the thread. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Espn said:

Wow this thread is still going, time to lock it down. I don’t care about D+ or P’s, although most of you are perfectly nice people, I will never be one. Just don’t take all the seats in the SL please

As the op on this thread even though it has gone off topic at times everyone has been friendly and enjoyed themselves and I am happy for this thread to continue.

Regards Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, yogimax said:

I'm not going to argue with you in regard to the egocentricity.  You are absolutely correct and this is part of the problem for many of those who simply refuse to wear masks.  "I don't want to, so I won't."  Note, there is no thought of others, it's all based on 
"me."

I would also suggest a second factor, plain and simple politics.  You are right that many refuse to follow logic as well as science.  Why?  Because, if they did, it would directly challenge their political beliefs.  And, as you note, we react emotionally and our emotions often contradict logic as well as science.  Sadly, both of these faults have contributed to a worsening and lengthening of this pandemic.

This is my plastic face visor I wear in shops.

I have a mask as well but find that uncomfortable.

Graham

IMG_20200806_161448.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Space Man. 

Looks like you have lost weight. Good for you. 

M8

Unfortunately that thing wont really help. If a sick person is in the same room with you sneezing, the particles will reach you no matter what. (unless you have a full cover Dupin costume). Moreover, even if the screen manages to catch the particles of Covid on it, you will have to be SUPER careful to take it off without spreading the virus elsewhere.. think about it, maybe its better to take your chances rather than limiting yourself and feel uncomfortable 

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

Hawaii, one of the most beautiful places on earth!  I still have wonderful images in my mind of the Hanalei Overlook on Kauai.

As for the food, all I can say is "onolicious!"

We loved Kauai.

We did the movies tour booked through Princess on our November Hawaiian cruise.

This picture was where Blue Hawaii was made 

Graham

IMG_20191125_101021.jpg

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Space Man. 

Looks like you have lost weight. Good for you. 

M8

Thanks Rory.

Changing my diet has helped me lose 2 stone.

As we are not cruising at present we are visiting places in England.

Today we were in Harrogate.

IMG_20200806_130419.jpg

IMG_20200806_132533.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We loved Kauai.

We did the movies tour booked through Princess on our November Hawaiian cruise.

This picture was where Blue Hawaii was made 

Graham

IMG_20191125_101021.jpg

Beautiful picture of you both.  We think Kauai is the most beautiful of the Hawaiian islands

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, compman9 said:

Agree..there should be some sort of flexibility afforded to the concierge's onboard to make this decision.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, compman9 said:

The CL may have been mostly empty but how many D+ were on your sailing? With high #s of D+ what appears to be a mostly empty CL could become easily over crowded. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sjudis said:

I love sailing in suites and enjoy the sl but never during happy houremoji51.png. People are so uppity and the chair saving is crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately that happens in the DL too. Darn those D's that look down on us D+ :classic_wink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

Jewel

Yes, but not nearly enough space

Why?

Just curious, generally the overflow works quite nice with the exception of TA's, then they move it down to the lounge near Schooner and it works well

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 5:06 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Sounds like a pain.  Do they reciprocate my status?  

Looks like they (Genting) are in just as much trouble as the rest of the cruise lines, though Dream Explorer is on her second 7 day sailing.

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 4): Hong Kong-listed Genting Hong Kong Ltd has issued a profit guidance warning of a “significantly higher” net loss for the six months ended June 30, 2020 (1H20) versus the corresponding period in 2019, no thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic.

In a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange yesterday, its chairman and chief executive officer Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay said the anticipated increase in the unaudited consolidated net loss of the group is due to the suspension of operations across the group’s cruise businesses, including Dream Cruises, Crystal Cruises and Star Cruises, suspension of shipbuilding operations at MV Werften’s shipyards in Germany, and severely restricted operations and revenue generation at its entertainment and leisure businesses — Resorts World Manila and Zouk, Singapore.

“It is expected that the Covid-19 pandemic will continue to affect the group’s businesses, as the spread and development of the virus has created significant uncertainty over when authorities in the relevant cruising markets will allow resumption of the cruise travel,” he said.

Moving forward, Lim said the company and the group will continue to monitor the evolution of the pandemic carefully and to keep the shareholders duly informed of any material developments as and when they arise.

Notably, in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the group has undertaken a number of cost reduction, cash conservation and capital raising measures to deal with the resultant loss of revenues from its operations including reducing onshore operating expenses in respect of employee costs and overhead expenses, and reducing operating costs in respect of shipboard operating expenses.

Moreover, Genting Hong Kong is also suspending all capital expenditures other than that required to maintain the safety and security of its ships and the health and safety of its guests and employees, delaying delivery of Crystal Endeavor and Global Dream — under construction at its MV Werften shipyards — for about a year and improving the group’s debt maturity profile by securing a deferral of up to 12 months for principal repayments amounting to approximately US$220 million.

It is also seeking additional sources of finance from Germany’s Economic Stabilization Fund to fund the resumption of construction work at the shipyards and looking for additional sources of finance to maintain its cruise businesses pending resumption of sailing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The CL may have been mostly empty but how many D+ were on your sailing? With high #s of D+ what appears to be a mostly empty CL could become easily over crowded. 

I don't recall the number (it was back in February), but there were not many. It was mostly British Diamonds.

The overflow should have filled the whole nightclub but we were told a small section of it had to be left open for other passengers. As the bar was closed, this made no sense whatsoever because no non-Diamond passengers visited during the cruise, and people were standing in the aisles drinking because it was so packed - It was a shambles

16 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Unfortunately that thing wont really help. If a sick person is in the same room with you sneezing, the particles will reach you no matter what. (unless you have a full cover Dupin costume). Moreover, even if the screen manages to catch the particles of Covid on it, you will have to be SUPER careful to take it off without spreading the virus elsewhere.. think about it, maybe its better to take your chances rather than limiting yourself and feel uncomfortable 

The same with the face coverings that people are wearing.

They do NOT protect the person wearing them.  They are to protect infected people from infecting others.

And the issue with caught particles is the same with any of the face coverings/masks.

• Like 1