CL/SL future when cruising returns.

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not sure what your comment has to do with CL, small groups of Pinnacles or Pinnacles who also sail in a suite. 

Pinnacles  sail during  summer, spring break and often on Christmas and/or NYE  I know this as a fact!  
m

The ones that sail alone do not sail in July and August because they would have to pay 200%. The other ten months they only have to pay 150%.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

The ones that sail alone do not sail in July and August because they would have to pay 200%. The other ten months they only have to pay 150%.

That would be the same for ANY solo passenger who happens to have enough points for the lower supplement. It would seems it has nothing to do with pinnacle but is more of a $$ issue. Of course, many people travel in the high season  and simply pay the prevailing rates.

m

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

They are changing the Concierge name to Suite Lounge on all new builds and on the amps on Independence and Freedom etc.

I like to call in for a coffee or 2 during the day as my coffee is a 

Cappuccino with a double espresso added when I make my own so a good reason I like to call in to either DL or CL

Coffee in the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade is not very nice.

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Cappuccino with a double espresso.

I like it!  I will definitely try it if we have access to a lounge machine.

This is why I hope the machine in the DL never goes away and coffee simply added onto the seapass vouchers. I like being able to make my coffee my way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is why I hope the machine in the DL never goes away and coffee simply added onto the seapass vouchers. I like being able to make my coffee my way.

I am seeing a lot of self serve (soda) machines shut down for a while. They may decide to take those machines away completely.  

If there is a decaf option (sometimes there is not)  I may use the machine at least three times a day. However, if we get a voucher it would just be one. 

I guess I’ll have to be happy with that. The other option could be no coffee offer at all. 

m

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am seeing a lot of self serve (soda) machines shut down for a while. They may decide to take those machines away completely.  

If there is a decaf option (sometimes there is not)  I may use the machine at least three times a day. However, if we get a voucher it would just be one. 

I guess I’ll have to be happy with that. The other option could be no coffee offer at all. 

m

If they do that then RCI better make it pretty clear what people are actually buying in their drink packages as well as adjust their pricing. I don't drink soda but I know people buy packages that include soda for those machines. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not sure what your comment has to do with CL, small groups of Pinnacles or Pinnacles who also sail in a suite. 

Pinnacles  sail during  summer, spring break and often on Christmas and/or NYE  I know this as a fact!  
m

It has to do with both the CL/SL. Yes, Pinnacles sail all months in the year. However, the majority don’t sail during the Summer, Spring Break, and Holiday sailings. Lower numbers of Pinnacles onboard. These sailings typically cost more and have higher numbers of kids onboard. 

I stand by my comment and this thread is about both the CL/SL. 

M8

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, navybankerteacher said:

To the extent face masks are acknowledged as capable of preventing exhalations from infecting others, it is absurd to contend that whatever filtration effect they have is only one way.  Sure - their primary purpose is to prevent the wearer from infecting others, but they also (very slightly) do protect the wearer.  

Yes, to the extent they do intercept any infectious agents, care must be exercised in handling them to avoid inhalation - which the primary risk in dealing with COVID.

Regular and careful hand washing is also obviously necessary.

The protection factor of the home made type respirators are about 2 - 2.5

That is, they stop about half the potential inhaled particles.  So yes, they do provide some small amount of protection.

But their PRIMARY purpose is to protect others nearby.

My point is, many people claim they will not wear one, as they are not worried about being infected.  THOSE PEOPLE are missing the point of wearing face coverings.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If they do that then RCI better make it pretty clear what people are actually buying in their drink packages as well as adjust their pricing. I don't drink soda but I know people buy packages that include soda for those machines. 

I don’t know what is happening on cruise ships, I only know what I’ve seen in a couple of retail establishments. I have no knowledge that Royal Caribbean will make any changes to their self serve soda machine.  

yes, you are correct. If one has a soda package they should be aware if there is or is not a soda machine on board. 
m

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It has to do with both the CL/SL. Yes, Pinnacles sail all months in the year. However, the majority don’t sail during the Summer, Spring Break, and Holiday sailings. Lower numbers of Pinnacles onboard. These sailings typically cost more and have higher numbers of kids onboard. 

M8

You are correct about the summer, spring break and holiday sailings.  Actually, that is when we like to sail. . I don’t mind the kids on board, and in fact, find that many of the things I want to do are not crowded because there were so many families.  If one likes the solarium, sailing  during “family busy season“ is perfect.  We’d like to sail several times during the year, and just factor the price into our travel budget. 

And we spent about a half a dozen New Year’s Eves  on board, and actually have one scheduled for this year, unless it gets canceled ( likely). 

Getting back to the original thread, the CK is often crowded during the summer/spring break times as they are families that take take up more table seating. It is generally no issue for those who like to dine later. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

Don’t think it’s the price more like the kids. I will not sail those times of year either because of the kids running rapid & parents not supervising. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You are correct about the summer, spring break and holiday sailings.  Actually, that is when we like to sail. . I don’t mind the kids on board, and in fact, find that many of the things I want to do are not crowded because there were so many families.  If one likes the solarium, sailing  during “family busy season“ is perfect.  We’d like to sail several times during the year, and just factor the price into our travel budget. 

And we spent about a half a dozen New Year’s Eves  on board, and actually have one scheduled for this year, unless it gets canceled ( likely). 

Getting back to the original thread, the CK is often crowded during the summer/spring break times as they are families that take take up more table seating. It is generally no issue for those who like to dine later. 
m

CK is also normally not an issue If you like to eat when they open for dinner..

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

+1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Don’t think it’s the price more like the kids. I will not sail those times of year either because of the kids running rapid & parents not supervising. 

Probably a bit of both because we avoid school holidays for these reasons too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t know what is happening on cruise ships, I only know what I’ve seen in a couple of retail establishments. I have no knowledge that Royal Caribbean will make any changes to their self serve soda machine.  

yes, you are correct. If one has a soda package they should be aware if there is or is not a soda machine on board. 
m

We have been on sailings where the freestyle machines are manned by a crew member and only they are allowed to touch the buttons.  You put your uncovered cup on the circle on the machine and remove the cup when it is full.  They could easily do that if they decide to continue using the machines.  

I have only been in Five Guys once since the pandemic and they had one machine turned off and the other was on but only employees were allowed to use it.  It had signs all over it saying do not touch, employees only, but at least it was still available for those who wanted something.

I can see them having the freestyle machines manned on the Royal Promenade and the WJ but any other machine closed.  I think they could do the same thing with the coffee machine in the DL/CL/SL but have it only available certain hours in the morning and during happy hour.  I doubt they would man it all day long since not many use it during off times.  They would have to put some kind of cover or something on it as some like to turn it on themselves.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ditto...  Even on the Symphony TA when I would show up at 6AM and the line was a dozen long....

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We typically like to have a reservation for 630 in the CK. Not too early, not too late. 

M8 

We usually eat at 8.30pm on the ship, usually Giovanni's or Chops Grill.

We might pop into the DL or CL around 7.30pm when we are dressed or pop into the VCL or Champagne bar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ditto...  Even on the Symphony TA when I would show up at 6AM and the line was a dozen long....

My favorite use of coffee machine is the DL on Oasis ships down on 4. Make a double espresso and dump in a dbl neat Bayleys if going to ice show, or do it on ice if going to Theater

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My favorite use of coffee machine is the DL on Oasis ships down on 4. Make a double espresso and dump in a dbl neat Bayleys if going to ice show, or do it on ice if going to Theater

They have Bayleys in the DL or do you bring your own?  🍷

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Touche', I guess it depends on the ship

I'll have to remember that for my next cruise.  I love a double espresso, and since I bring my own, a double Baileys sounds like a great eye opener.   I normally don't put condiments in my coffee, but does Baileys count?   😉 🍷

Edited by Wine-O
  • Like 1

They have some form of Irish cream for sure.  Not sure it is actually Bailey’s brand.  I am a Grand Marnier guy, and they never have offered me that in the DL... which means they have forced me into a life of crime and malfeasance over the years.

10 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

They have some form of Irish cream for sure.  Not sure it is actually Bailey’s brand.  I am a Grand Marnier guy, and they never have offered me that in the DL... which means they have forced me into a life of crime and malfeasance over the years.

Whatever their brand in the DL, its got a bite to it.  Certainly not close to being the same.  🍷