If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

8 hours ago, James4me said:

If you say so.  Go for it Dolly! I personally am going to hold off on this rushed thru concocted vaccine. 

Dolly took action to be part of the solution. Dolly has shown herself to be by words and deeds to be a moral human being . She is a hero. You have decided to be part of the problem. Sad. 

Personally I have had the vaccine and I feel great having had it. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, James4me said:

Have you read that the CEO of Pfizer has not received the vaccine.  His excuse is he doesn’t want to cut in line 🤣.  What BS.  You’re the CEO of Pfizer,?don’t you think he would be one of the firsts to get it.  Hey if a ship is sinking the captain is the last to leave or go down with his ship. CEO of Pfizer should assure people by example and get the vaccine!  

Derrick Rossi, a co-founder of Moderna, just recently received the Pfizer vaccine.  He is still involved with the Boston Children’s Hospital and when it was time for his vaccine shot that is what they were giving out there that day.  He said that he would have taken whatever approved shot they were giving out, no matter the brand, because they were approved. 

Go to 9:20 seconds in. 

https://youtu.be/pRAVmTofcmc

• Like 6

On 3/6/2021 at 6:03 PM, LGW59 said:

Agreed and it applies to all personal decisions to a persons own body, should not be selective.

Yes, as long as it does not include another person's body -- which is what I assume you're getting at.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:44 AM, Ellaleah said:

After a year of this, you still don’t get that this is not all about you!  It is about all the others around you and your statement about only obese people getting it is beyond ignorant.  Many have died and had long term illness that are not obese.  You must live in a hole if you don’t know any.  I do.

Please refrain from misquoting me YET AGAIN.  Are you stalking me?

Obesity is a main risk factor.  I never said it's the ONLY factor, but nice try twisting things AGAIN.  Do your research before revealing your ignorance.  Vitamin D deficiency is another big one ( present in ~40% of general population, and over 80% of COVID-related deaths).  Being over 80 and male increases the risk of death.  Close and continuing contact with multiple persons outside your household is yet another factor.  Again, the statistics are out there for anyone who bothers to search.  In case you don't know how, try this: http://yippy.com

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 10:40 PM, James4me said:

If you say so.  Go for it Dolly! I personally am going to hold off on this rushed thru concocted vaccine. 

It is not if I say so, it is fact:  Dolly already went for it.  Dolly donated one million dollars, she waited to get the shot until last week, Pfizer CEO is waiting as well.  You are holding off, go for it. 

• Like 2

Yes.

I said "no" about 100 pages back but I changed my mind, one reason being every doctor I have talked to has gotten the vaccine and I figure they are not going to take anything that might harm them. And, I want to get this thing handled and get on with life. I respect the individual decisions of others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Got my first shot today! Cannot wait for life to get back to somewhat normal!

We're patiently waiting for our second shot in 10 days.  We'll be able to go visit my parents maskless and hug them for the first time in over a year.  We've been eating out and going to church, but our two visits with my parents have been with us all sitting 10 feet apart.  My MIL who is 88 will be able to  touch  her sons  and grandchildren.  She's one of those people that craves touch, to the point it can be smothering.  She'll grab someone's hand and hold on, etc.  While she has 24/7 aides, she has only been to Dr's appts.  Her senior living complex has a 97% vaccination rate.  It was everyone's choice as the vast majority of the complex is in independent living meaning they have their own apt and can come and go as they please and the only difference between their apts and regular apts is the amenities that come with living there.    

• Like 3

I haven't read through the 2k plus responses but to answer the question in the thread title it doesn't matter what Royal requires, we require having the vaccines before we'll cruise. I receive my first dose on the 18th and DW is waiting patiently (not) for her group to open up.

• Like 3

On 3/7/2021 at 3:43 AM, Charles4515 said:

Dolly took action to be part of the solution. Dolly has shown herself to be by words and deeds to be a moral human being . She is a hero. You have decided to be part of the problem. Sad. 

Personally I have had the vaccine and I feel great having had it. 

Many have donated, including Bill Gates who along with other hi-tech billionaires, whom I do not trust.  Why do you say I am the problem?  I have a right to refuse.  This is just happening to fast and not enough time to know what long term effects are.  Until I hear they’re are no problems then I’ll rethink getting it.  Until then, my husband and I will rent an RV and travel the US and go see the beauty of our Country.  We’ve cruised plenty of times, we’re not going to miss it much.  Time to change it up a bit and actually put money back into the mom and pop stores and restaurants who truly suffered through this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, James4me said:

Many have donated, including Bill Gates who along with other hi-tech billionaires, whom I do not trust.  Why do you say I am the problem?  I have a right to refuse.  This is just happening to fast and not enough time to know what long term effects are.  Until I hear they’re are no problems then I’ll rethink getting it.  Until then, my husband and I will rent an RV and travel the US and go see the beauty of our Country.  We’ve cruised plenty of times, we’re not going to miss it much.  Time to change it up a bit and actually put money back into the mom and pop stores and restaurants who truly suffered through this.  

"Time to change it up a bit and actually put money back into the mom and pop stores and restaurants who truly suffered through this."  ???  If you've waited until now to do so, you are way past way past beyond time in actually supporting them, I have been doing this since March of 2020, if you have waited until now to do so, why?  You don't need to trust Dolly, a woman gives a million dollars to research, but whoa already on that, Bill Gates, some people want to give back, but there are always, oh well never mind, nuff said.  Good luck

• Like 1

Just now, LGW59 said:

"Time to change it up a bit and actually put money back into the mom and pop stores and restaurants who truly suffered through this."  ???  If you've waited until now to do so, you are way past way past beyond time in actually supporting them, I have been doing this since March of 2020, if you have waited until now to do so, why?  You don't need to trust Dolly, a woman gives a million dollars to research, but whoa already on that, Bill Gates, some people want to give back, but there are always, oh well never mind, nuff said.  Good luck

OMG, just because I worded it that way you instantly insinuate that I’m now just doing my due diligence and supporting local businesses.    Well guess what, I find your remarks completely insulting.  You don’t know me, you don’t know if I’m rich or poor, you have no clue about me and what I have done to help people.   It’s so pathetic to hear such negative responses from people like you.  Instead of telling me it’s great to be putting money back into our economy you diss me saying I’m way past beyond time to be helping people.  Well let me tell you this I’ve been helping my local community and it’s never going to be enough for them seeing how much they lost and possibly have to close shop.  So you sit on your throan and pick apart what I said.  But in the end I’d rather help the people who need it.  Cruising can wait.

• Like 4

On 3/6/2021 at 11:40 PM, James4me said:

This vaccine was not rushed, they have been working on mRNA vaccines for many, many years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, James4me said:

OMG, just because I worded it that way you instantly insinuate that I’m now just doing my due diligence and supporting local businesses.    Well guess what, I find your remarks completely insulting.  You don’t know me, you don’t know if I’m rich or poor, you have no clue about me and what I have done to help people.   It’s so pathetic to hear such negative responses from people like you.  Instead of telling me it’s great to be putting money back into our economy you diss me saying I’m way past beyond time to be helping people.  Well let me tell you this I’ve been helping my local community and it’s never going to be enough for them seeing how much they lost and possibly have to close shop.  So you sit on your throan and pick apart what I said.  But in the end I’d rather help the people who need it.  Cruising can wait.

Then perhaps instead of saying "time to change it up a bit"  you could have been more clear and specific, as you just were.  Good on you for sharing now that you have been doing that, I have no throne though, but have been supporting small businesses for many many months now, as it seems you have been as well.

49 minutes ago, James4me said:

Many have donated, including Bill Gates who along with other hi-tech billionaires, whom I do not trust.  

Why in the world don't you trust Bill Gates.  He is one of the most altruistic individuals on the face of the earth and has poured multiple millions of dollars into COVID research to find a cure.  God bless Bill & Melinda Gates!  Again, why don't you trust him?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Why in the world don't you trust Bill Gates.  He is one of the most altruistic individuals on the face of the earth and has poured multiple millions of dollars into COVID research to find a cure.  God bless Bill & Melinda Gates!  Again, why don't you trust him?

Lot's of folks think he wants to "chip" people and/or has been working behind the scenes to add "stuff" to the vaccines 🙄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  Oh, Yogi.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/6/2021 at 4:33 PM, Incognito1 said:

You've done your own research and think that's a good choice for you.   Everyone needs to make their own risk assessment, and weigh the small risks against the benefits.  My assessment won't be the same as yours or anyone else's.  Some have no problems with the mRNA delivery and most are doing great with it.  Others are waiting for a more traditional delivery system, and that's their decision as well.  Still others have moral objections to vax developed with aborted fetuses.  And others are waiting for AZ or the Chinese one (forgot the name).  And others choose not to get it at all.

It boils down to respecting the right of each person to make their own choice regarding their own bodies.  

Well said I agree  100 percent!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Bill Gates wants us all to eat Imitation meat. Why don’t I trust him?  We would all be eating Beyond Burgers. 😇 

Amazing, the guy has poured multi millions of dollars into COVID vaccine research to save lives and folks dismiss him because of imaginary microchips and vegetable burgers.  Boggles the mind.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Bill Gates wants us all to eat Imitation meat. Why don’t I trust him?  We would all be eating Beyond Burgers. 😇 

I am not a fan of Bill Gates because of the monopolistic way he amassed his billions. I am not sure he is all that altruistic either. It is obscene to have individuals like Gates and Bezos with so many billions.  In the grand scheme of things he is giving out some crumbs from his wealth, probably because he believes that may prevent it being taken away. The folks that think he is putting microchips in the vaccines or whatever have a few screws loose though. They are nut jobs. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Lot's of folks think he wants to "chip" people and/or has been working behind the scenes to add "stuff" to the vaccines 🙄

Exactly.  Again, that’s my belief.  Read the Bible.  We are entering a new phase.  I’m not going to tell you why I think that.  If you don’t know, that’s not my problem.  Those that dispute or get angry at what I posted sort of proves my point.  I know religion is a hot button that does not belong on this board, but you asked Yogi. There is a lot I wish I can post about Bill and Melinda Gates, but one day you’ll remember someone saying to you not to trust them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, James4me said:

Exactly.  Again, that’s my belief.  Read the Bible.  We are entering a new phase.  I’m not going to tell you why I think that.  If you don’t know, that’s not my problem.  Those that dispute or get angry at what I posted sort of proves my point.  I know religion is a hot button that does not belong on this board, but you asked Yogi. There is a lot I wish I can post about Bill and Melinda Gates, but one day you’ll remember someone saying to you not to trust them.  

Oops. 😱😷