If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

25 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Yep, flu is no joke.  Never had it though.  

Yeah my Daughter can get real Bad, Asthma, even a Smoker can set her Lungs off. Pneumonia and Bronchitis I've had at least 30 times. Influenza, not so sure always get my shot Sept/Oct. Every Cruise take never use Elevators, touch railings, doors or Chairs in Dining Room. Usually walking around ship w/long sleeve or Hoodie using my sleeve or napkin when have to touch things. Even when do eat at WindJammer I'm first through door when they open Lunch/Dinner. Six years ago my Grand Daughter turned one, several days before she threw up few times had little fever like most little ones do and she was teething. Couple days later she was well and had her Bday Party. As she was eating her own one yr Cake she offered me some as I ate it off her fingers, only one I'd do that for and hadnt seen her in 6months. Well can imagine what happened, down in bed for 4 nites in my Hotel with Noro type. Couldnt keep anything down. I've had multiple back surgeries and that sick was worse!

Edited by ONECRUISER

57 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I thought that I might have missed something, but I did not.  I just checked on the Covid vaccine causing infertility.  NO EVIDENCE!  Where did u get this from?  Did you daughter get a measles, DPT, or a flu shot.  No more likelihood of infertility here.  My next cruise is 12/22 with my grandchildren, who have all had Covid and will all be getting vaccinated.  I will not be on a ship with your unvaccinated daughter!

well looks like that won't be a problem .... as It certainly looks more likely my family won't be on any cruise with anyone...I am just not prepared to take the risk with my daughter so chose not to do it. if she then decides later in life to get it if it is still a requirement that will be her choice

1 hour ago, life is to be happy said:

I am just not prepared to take the risk with my daughter so chose not to do it. if she then decides later in life to get it if it is still a requirement that will be her choice

As parents we all have to deal with possible risks to our children.  I understand your concern for your daughter.  As it stands now, however, it seems your daughter has greater risk for contracting COVID than becoming sterile from the vaccine.  Yes, the COVID risk is slim but it is still greater than the risk from the vaccine.  It definitely is tough to be a parent in today's world.

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

How old are your grandchildren?

They will be 20 and 13.  Why dies that matter?  You are basing your assertion on something that you totally made up.  There is NO evidence that Covid vaccine causes infertility!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

They will be 20 and 13.  Why dies that matter?  You are basing your assertion on something that you totally made up.  There is NO evidence that Covid vaccine causes infertility!

Our granddaughter 23 works at a hospital part-time while finishing her last year of college got both shots & I also am concerned for her. Don’t know down the road of what effects it could or could not have on fertility, only time will tell. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

So in 2 years the 13 year old may or may not be vaccinated as it's not approved in children yet. If there is still no approval in 2 years and Royal allows children to sail unvaccinated do you stay home or go with them?

I have never said the vaccine causes infertility lol, I think you have that part confused with someone else. If it does though I guess I no longer need that vasectomy......

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

There is no evidence to show either way as it is too soon to be able to tell this with the vaccine.  Hence why we have chosen this way as once it is done can’t be reversed. We will continue to do all we can to protect ourselves from covid and live our lives too. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Our granddaughter 23 works at a hospital part-time while finishing her last year of college got both shots & I also am concerned for her. Don’t know down the road of what effects it could or could not have on fertility, only time will tell. 

It’s just worrying times right now making sure you do what is right for each individual . But hopefully happy times will come soon when back to “normal” 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

It was me who posted about worrying about it causing infertility not the op. I have been reading up stuff to research vaccine and read something can’t remember where and speaking to other people who expressed same fears ... guess we just need to hope that it doesn’t... but as it too early to determine and side effects it will just be me and my husband who gets the vaccine for now 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

So in 2 years the 13 year old may or may not be vaccinated as it's not approved in children yet. If there is still no approval in 2 years and Royal allows children to sail unvaccinated do you stay home or go with them?

I have never said the vaccine causes infertility lol, I think you have that part confused with someone else. If it does though I guess I no longer need that vasectomy......

I gave the age that they will be in 2 years and there will be vaccines fir children by the first quarter of 2022 and possibly before as per Fauci and experts.  Trials on children have been going on for awhile.  I will not go on a cruise with unvaccinated people or children.  I will cancel if this isn’t resolved.  I WOULD  NOT Be the one taking my unvaccinated grandchildren on.  Will you?

8 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I gave the age that they will be in 2 years and there will be vaccines fir children by the first quarter of 2022 and possibly before as per Fauci and experts.  Trials on children have been going on for awhile.  I will not go on a cruise with unvaccinated people or children.  I will cancel if this isn’t resolved.  I WOULD  NOT Be the one taking my unvaccinated grandchildren on.  Will you?

If Royal allows it 100% yes. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I will not go on a cruise with unvaccinated people or children.  I will cancel if this isn’t resolved.  I WOULD  NOT Be the one taking my unvaccinated grandchildren on.  Will you?

Go over to the KSF thread and read about all those against your point of view.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

Not for all children. And I would absolutely be the one taking my unvaccinated children on a cruise ship. For them, there is a greater risk from flu.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, life is to be happy said:

We would too 100% 

All the cruise lines sticks rise sharply today in news if more available vaccine.  I can’t imagine any cruise line  not making vaccines a requirement.  Most cruisers that are not science deniers or antivaxers want it!

1 minute ago, Ellaleah said:

All the cruise lines sticks rise sharply today in news if more available vaccine.  I can’t imagine any cruise line  not making vaccines a requirement.  Most cruisers that are not science deniers or antivaxers want it!

Because more vaccine in the public means less virus and quickens the process of all of us going back to normal, which means vacations. Mandate or not, more vaccine is good for everyone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Some good news as it relates to getting cruising going, at least for Americans.

Normal summer here we come! I think 300 million is more than the number of adults willing to take the vaccine... Quick everyone: get off of cruise critic and start working on the anti-vaxxer you love (or need) the most.

Edited by lizzius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Normal summer here we come! I think 300 million is more than the number of adults willing to take the vaccine... Quick everyone: get off of cruise critic and start working on the anti-vaxxer you love (or need) the most.

Lol.  Maybe in some states

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I wish you were smarter or maybe just listen to the experts and stop spreading misinformation!

Your statement confuses me. This is what the poster said and I agree with it completely. I have a feeling you may have responded to the incorrect post......

lizzius said:

"Because more vaccine in the public means less virus and quickens the process of all of us going back to normal, which means vacations. Mandate or not, more vaccine is good for everyone."

• Like 1