The Daily for Friday Jul 24, 2020

richwmn

today is Amelia Earhart Day, Cousins Day, and National Tequila Day

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well.
        -- Aristotle

Meal suggestion for today - Tender Strips of Chicken

Wine of the day - Vincenzo Ippolito Cirò White Mare Chiaro vintage 2018

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24
Rotterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24
Westerdam destination Port Dickson

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Busan Korea, eta 7/25

Port Dickson
Eurodam
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Limassol
Maasdam
Veendam

Lubuan
Nieuw Amsterdam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam
While MT shows Koningsdam to be at Puerto Vallarta, both maps show her
headed south. CM shows a destination of Costa Rica.

Singapore Anchorage
Volendam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the report.  Amelia Earhart Day rings true as one of my heroes is another female aviator, American's first female Captain.  Special thanks to our teachers.  Dinner may include slices of chicken, rather than strips.

Today's care list:

The family of John L Lewis

Allen and Joy

Sharon, her BIL and SIL

St. Louis Cruiser's mom

Belated happy birthday to Summer Slope

Everybody in Arizona, Florida, California, and Texas

and especially Krazy Kruizers

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

🐣 25+ Best Memes About Tequila Jokes | Tequila Jokes Memes

And read this quote "BEFORE" the tequila!

Servant Leadership Now - Amelia Earhart - July 24, 1897 | Servant ...

Good Morning Rich (thanks for Daily) and fellow Daily-ites, and my sweet coastal sisters Ann and Denise.

Roy, thank you for the prayer listing and thank you Jacqui for the beautiful flower pictures. You have given me some great ideas! After the guys finish tomorrow I will lay out my flower plan and venture out to the nursery. Just pondering whether to plant in this hot hot weather or wait til September.

I think the wine suggestion today is something I may enjoy. Writing it down. Has anyone tried the wine suggestions besides me and cat? Would be nice to hear back on them.

Denise glad to hear you and David are getting some quality vacation time in, although not in Maui yet. 

Have a peaceful, happy day. Be careful and wear your masks! Praying for all those in need today and hoping @kazu is feeling better as well as her two pups. 

Wow, listening to the weather today, looks like we may get a storm from Hanna this week. The sun is just rising here and the hummers are already at the feeders.  Does anyone have an idea as to what type of bird bath to get, especially for the hummers. Also I have read about a solar pump fountain you can place in the bird bath. Is it effective?

• Like 8

Thanks as always for the Daily, from one of the Daily Lurkers.  😀

You and the Daily Regulars can always make me smile - and think.

My mother was a teacher, and a good one.  As it worked out, she was my teacher in 7th grade for Geography and English.  Almost as many Teacher Mom voices ring in my head as do Mama voices.

And Cousin day!  My cousin is almost my sister.  The relationship has ebbed and flowed through our lives, but now as we are settling toward retirement we are closer than ever.  God bless Gina.

Thank you again for today’s Daily, obviously meant only for me!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Denise, the Twins stopped by this morning with their parents. Their Dad is probably the biggest buck of the three I have seen roaming around together. Joy, hope you have fun planning your garden with Mr. Carlos.  I love how you have taken care of him and his crew. 

Here’s to all the teachers, current & retired, you play such an important roll in raising our future generations! Great quote. 

The wine Sounds interesting would love to taste it. The first Part of the description made it sound too sweet for me - lots of fruit notes. But it continued to talk about a saline and “pith of grapefruit” finish. So who knows. Decent price.

I echo prayers for everyone on Roy’s care list, but would add Kazu, Jose for his upcoming surgery, and their M & M pups. And have to give a special shout out to KK!   

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update.  I enjoy reading it every morning.  Each day when I read the name "Gulf Bridge" I always think to myself.  If only the luggage from the Amsterdam could talk.  What a story that luggage could tell us!!!

Oh by the way for some of us today is "Pioneer day".   Just a fyi...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas are you watching the storm headed for Hawaii? Looks like it could be problematic.

@cat shepard I am going to try finding the wine and give you my report.. I am not a sweet wine lover either.

Love you girls!

Thank you Joy! Hope Hanna gives you all a miss! Maybe just some gentle rain. ❤️

• Like 3

Good morning Dailyites.  It's Friday, if that matters.😉

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.

The wine sounds interesting, but I don't think it's available at our local LCBO.  Chicken is on the menu for tonight.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List, we miss you Krazy Kruizers.

It's going to be hot around here for the next few days.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  Stay healthy.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

It's going to be hot around here for the next few days.

And you're near water pretty well north and not the prairies.  A hot year indeed.

Roy

• Like 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Before I found my birth family, I really had no idea what it meant to have cousins (my parents were older, so cousins were 15 - 20 yrs my senior) - a truly great relationship, even if you discover them in your mid-40's!  While I'm not a tequila lover, I don't deny it from others who do; my go-to is scotch, neat.

We still have leftovers from the outdoor oven baked chicken so will do something with our "tender chicken strips" for dinner tonight.  And wine.  Prayers to all who need them for healing, strength, or whatever you're dealing with.  Stay safe, be well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Busan Korea, eta 7/25

I believe Gulf Bridge's next port after Busan is Houston.  I hope when she leaves Busan the AIS will be set to a port by the Panama Canal.  I would love to watch her go through on the webcam.  It looks like she is too big for the old locks.

I also think Gulf Bridge should for now be an honorary HAL ship.  In the early days HAL was in the transportation business rather than the leisure business.  The passenger ships all had the suffix dam while the ships that carried cargo had other suffixes.  I like to think of it as the Gulf Bridgedijk.

Roy

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Since we are "stuck" in our Saint Paul condo, I have been going through pictures from past cruises and summers at the lake. I thought I might post some if you don't mind. 

Our first cruise - Thanksgiving 2002 on the Zaandam -

MDR ice carving on Dutch Night

image.thumb.png.e9a35e557a9fde4f2810a94d50d98cd8.png

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Since we are "stuck" in our Saint Paul condo, I have been going through pictures from past cruises and summers at the lake. I thought I might post some if you don't mind. 

Our first cruise - Thanksgiving 2002 on the Zaandam -

MDR ice carving on Dutch Night

image.thumb.png.e9a35e557a9fde4f2810a94d50d98cd8.png

Love your idea & this picture is cool!   Pun intended. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas are you watching the storm headed for Hawaii? Looks like it could be problematic.

@cat shepard I am going to try finding the wine and give you my report.. I am not a sweet wine lover either.

Love you girls!

🌺Good morning sis!!

Oh yes we have been on top of Douglas and watching! We have weathered the last on in 2016. Since on the Kaanapali walk at the end of the line our place is already set up for this event! But our local news Maui News shows it weakening!

It was moving to the west at 17 mph. That track would carry it toward Hawaii on Sunday or Monday, but forecasters said it was likely to weaken back to a tropical depression by that point.
Sure hope so! Have a great day Joy virtual hugs to you and Allen!

Denise😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It puts a smile on my face to get up every day and visit the most popular site IMO

on CC! 
🌺To our dear Rich you hear it often and goes without saying your the best !! Thanks for your creativity in making THE DAILY so successful!!

What a fantastic quote for today! Hats off to our dedicated teachers. Our daughter’s BF from elementary school is now a Principal for San Diego district and she is so dedicated to all the teachers and is a wonderful teacher herself!

😊Now I love a very smooth tequila just to sip! Patron for me!👍

Today we are doing a BBQ.!!

🌺 Ann I would love to see a picture of the family if again the twins  come by sometime! It still blows me away how you have them in your backyard as well as over at Jacqui’s place with all her beautiful flowers!

were lucky to see a skunk 🦨 on occasion here! LOL! Plenty of sea gulls or pelicans too!

Stay safe always to all!!

🌺 Thanks for the prayer list always AND 

all of the sunrise and sunset pics👍
Denise😊

• Like 5

Thanks, Rich, for mentioning Amelia Earhart Day! She and I were both born (though not in the same year [emoji3]) in the small Kansas town of Atchison and each year the town holds a 3 day festival celebrating Amelia. This year it had to be cancelled. Though we live elsewhere, we often visit the festival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 5

Good morning all and thanks once more to Rich for keeping up this thread so we can all keep in touch.  I have  a few cousins who I keep in touch with, so I can celebrate Cousins Day, no to tequila, someone else can have my share.   Chicken might be on the menu - maybe not as strips.   Our area of the province is moving into Stage 3 today, still no dining out for us.  Oceania was pretty quick to get a new brochure/booklet out advertising cruises in 2021/22 and outlining their operating plans with symbols.  

• Like 5

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for the Daily news.  The two gals should be arriving in Cyprus today!  I wonder what will happen to them now.  

Today we are going to bottle wine.Then we have to wait a few months before we drink it!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Servant Leadership Now - Amelia Earhart - July 24, 1897 | Servant ...

After the guys finish tomorrow I will lay out my flower plan and venture out to the nursery. Just pondering whether to plant in this hot hot weather or wait til September.

Wow, listening to the weather today, looks like we may get a storm from Hanna this week. The sun is just rising here and the hummers are already at the feeders.  Does anyone have an idea as to what type of bird bath to get, especially for the hummers. Also I have read about a solar pump fountain you can place in the bird bath. Is it effective?

I thin it would be kinder to the plants, and yourself, to wait until it cools down a bit!  Or you will be watering two or three times a day.

And there is a website called Explore.com that has numerous hummingbird webcams - one has an amazing birdbath that the hummers love.  We have one of those solar sprayers in our regular  birdbath, and it has a variety of heads, but it only works if the sun is shining fully on it, if not it just gives little spurts.  Here is a link - although it is not the birdbath I was thinking of, that one doesn't seem to be on line any more:  

https://explore.org/livecams/hummingbirds/hummingbird-trees-nest-cam
Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2