Healthy Cruise Panel Introduced

36 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Just saw this post on Facebook. I searched but didn't see this listed. If it's a duplicate, please feel free to merge/delete this thread.

Trying to get the link to work

Healthy Sail Panel

Erika

Looks like an excellent panel!  There are some good names there.

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like an impressive panel.  Not that it would have led to ships sailing any sooner, but one has to wonder why this wasn't initiated 2-3 months ago.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like an impressive panel.  Not that it would have led to ships sailing any sooner, but one has to wonder why this wasn't initiated 2-3 months ago.

Expected COVID 19 to disappear.

Well that’s nice. Four months after cruises get shut down they are forming a committee. I think the execs were counting on waking up one day and the virus just being gone. Way to earn your paycheck. 

Edited by zekekelso
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Well that’s nice. Four months after cruises get shut down they are forming a committee. I think the execs were counting on waking up one day and the virus just being gone. Way to earn your paycheck. 

I agree. I think it is just for show. Honestly, what are they going to figure out that hasn't already been figured out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

I don’t think their initial plan of panel participants were quick to respond and accept. Getting a high level of professionals to respond, agree to participate and schedule even the first meeting takes more than a month. Internal work projects cannot get put together that fast.  

39 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

if the cdc is waiting for 0 cases to start ships, it will likely never happen.  at some point they have to let it start with strict protocols and have those that want to go and know the risks sign a waiver. 

It seems like the CDC doesn’t have a big problem with you taking that risk. They just want to insure that if you do get sick, you won’t be able to pass it on and you won’t take up space in a treatment facility. Now we can argue that standard isn’t fair and isn’t being applied to other industries...

7 minutes ago, Dr_sn0w said:

Some idiot always has to make everything about politics.  Even when the website begs them not to.

Ah, I see this is your first post.  Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Somehow this doesn't sound like anyone's first post.  😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, seaman11 said:

at some point they have to let it start with strict protocols

Look, we can't even get people to obey quarantine rules when awaiting test results!  Until our society loses the "me first, me only" attitude, and the "I'll do whatever I please, I don't care if it puts someone else at risk" attitude the US is NEVER going to get a handle on this thing.

Where does this come from?  My barber is out of work right now because some idiot decided 2 days after he went to get tested that he HAD to get a haircut.  Guess what that client's test result was?  POSITIVE!  Now the barber is in 2 week quarantine on disability which doesn't cover full pay.  Oh yeah, when you get tested they give you a paper that outlines your responsibilities regarding health and safety until you get your result, and I know this because I got tested myself (negative!), one of those is to restrict or avoid close contact and isolate/quarantine yourself.  Until things like that stop happening or there is a vaccine, we'll never be in a place where cruising can restart because you KNOW that someone with an outstanding test is going to find their way onto a ship.  I guess we didn't learn from that JetBlue passenger that flew from NY to West Palm back in March with a pending test for which he got the positive result upon landing.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, hallux said:

Look, we can't even get people to obey quarantine rules when awaiting test results!  Until our society loses the "me first, me only" attitude, and the "I'll do whatever I please, I don't care if it puts someone else at risk" attitude the US is NEVER going to get a handle on this thing.

Well said!

• Like 1