The Daily for Tuesday Aug 25, 2020

richwmn

14 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich for the daily news, and Roy, for the Care List.  Pat is feeling a bit better, but I think this is going to take some time before he is his old self.  He went to the doctor yesterday and has been referred for physiotherapy.  

@cat shepard, forest floor sounds good, too.  Makes me think of Cathedral Grove here on the island, on the way to Tofino, or the wonderful redwoods of California.  California is having a bad time right now - my cousin in Woodside is under evacuation notice, and another cousin in Walnut Hill is getting papers, etc., in order in case they have to go, too.  Here we have grab-and-go bags ready always, in case of earthquake, but the thought of fire nearby makes me quake!

@Copper10-8, interesting to see a modern bridge - here's what I think it should look like! (Queen Mary)

P1000044.thumb.jpeg.14a558b2adce1e6e6115ac65688a5b08.jpeg 

From that.............to this 😉

vIGOxR0ErKKvYqLllbd_6uVOuthG3ONhQ4ducg1tgxs.jpg?auto=webp&s=ce9993f8427678b4488bd6daa85ab9d1100734e6

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hey Father, you could get some sugar free ice cream, low sugar fruit, sugar free topping.. But then, what's the point? 🍨

Sugar free ice cream gives me a headache.  I am not the only one who reacts that way. 

• Like 2

Time for me to thank Rich and all who post every day. Have been lurking since the beginning, but just now have the time to post.  We have been cruising since 1973 but will not return. DH is now in the late stages of Alzheimer's and it would be dangerous for us to travel virus or no virus.  He loved it, and we did manage two last year, Oosterdam and Volendam, but it was obvious he could no longer cope. Thanks to all of you, the pictures keep the memories alive for both of us daily! 

Happy cruising and stay safe!

Barbara

• Like 11

I would also like to thank everyone who adds to this thread each day. I appreciate those who over the last few days have made their first post after lurking for a while. This is a community effort and I welcome all comments. The responses each day are what keeps the thread going, and while I may not post much past starting the thread, I do read each post and enjoy them.

Rich

Thank you, Rich. I’ve not posted for a very looonnnnggg time as I couldn’t get in from my phone. And I’m on my desktop rarely.

I truly enjoy what you’ve done with this thread. Thank you! [emoji173]️

Sheila
“Innlady1”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, highscar said:

It’s sure been hot. How do I post a photo   Love this daily.   

The way I do it is to drag the picture on to my desktop and when this screen comes up I drag the picture in to where it says "Drag files here to attach".  When the picture appears below that, I click on the + symbol to include it in the post.804617988_ScreenShot2020-08-25at10_03_53AM.thumb.jpeg.f35e3592468dad1ee97d6f335dac688d.jpeg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Gsel said:

Time for me to thank Rich and all who post every day. Have been lurking since the beginning, but just now have the time to post.  We have been cruising since 1973 but will not return. DH is now in the late stages of Alzheimer's and it would be dangerous for us to travel virus or no virus.  He loved it, and we did manage two last year, Oosterdam and Volendam, but it was obvious he could no longer cope. Thanks to all of you, the pictures keep the memories alive for both of us daily! 

Barbara

Oh gosh Barbara, I am sorry to hear about your husband. Keeping the memories alive is important. 

Welcome and we hope you continue enjoying Rich's Daily.

Joy

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Love the beach said:

Thanks Rich for The Daily! Without a trip on the horizon to research and plan for, this is a wonderful place to visit each day!

I apologize if I have missed your other posts to the Daily. Just wanted to be sure I welcomed you!

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Gsel said:

Barbara

Welcome Barbara! Glad you decided to post!

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, innlady1 said:

Thank you, Rich. I’ve not posted for a very looonnnnggg time as I couldn’t get in from my phone. And I’m on my desktop rarely.

I truly enjoy what you’ve done with this thread. Thank you! emoji173.png

Sheila
“Innlady1”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Sheila!👋🏻

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Some pics of Volendam's bridge with the chief officer (the term used prior to the current staff captain title) going over the elec charts in some wild waters off beautiful New Zealand while heading from Picton (where I had the pleasure of meeting up with poster Erewhon and the Mrs. - Kia ora) to Tauranga. The panel in the foreground is the starboard bridge wing panel from where the ship can be "parked" alongside. Carefully looked after plants can usually be found on the bridge, as well as mascots 😉  Every morning at 10:30, the bridge team (all nautical dept officers) gets together on the bridge for "coffee time," usually followed by a "BRM" - Bridge Resources Management" meeting to discuss the particulars of the next port of call

330410_10150478449940729_917716136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=BD41ZlErof4AX-ywlw0&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=43ec95bc4aaaf3efbfca979e5d5d5b7d&oe=5F6B107E

330410_10150478449930729_2138944355_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=gufOAjItlHwAX-FjdGQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=d2ecd24db81d1f6f6ba45f2c36fa855f&oe=5F69A23C

323746_10150478345420729_243445594_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=g8pBAIHpZfIAX_6r-EZ&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=7032d7b5c23b9599692701b1b24899ff&oe=5F6AAFE1

323746_10150478345410729_1911277734_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=9uNQsROaRYQAX_Z0vaN&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=c70fb6d1eeac2b136f68dc2d3d04fd3e&oe=5F6B5A1A

330410_10150478449950729_821192973_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=SQAVnqvkwKMAX9sgD9Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=fc55d187044434b437d1e3a684ebcbfe&oe=5F695C18

I have never been aboard the Volendam however I have booked her Thanksgiving crise to Hawaii for 2021. Thank you for the little preview. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gsel said:

Barbara

Barbara, your post touched my heart. My BIL died from Alzheimer's earlier this year, and it was heartbreaking to see him disappear. My prayers are for the both of you. The caregiver needs them, perhaps more than the patient.

God bless!

Edi

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Barbara, your post touched my heart. My BIL died from Alzheimer's earlier this year, and it was heartbreaking to see him disappear. My prayers are for the both of you. The caregiver needs them, perhaps more than the patient.

God bless!

Edi

Edi, what a lovely message. Barbara, bless you.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I just saw a video of a Canadian crew “water bombing” the California fires. So thank you to our neighbors for responding!❤️

I hope those crews don't have problems going back home at the end of their term.

Roy

• Like 1