Donald says still a chance at 2020 cruising

jimbo5544

10 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

CLIA is a recommendation. CDC is a requirement.

Which one matters? 

Carnival has already indicated they would sail in Oct if the opportunity arises, which would go against the CLIA recommendation (though I suspect CLIA would walk it back to align).

I'm not sure whether the CDC is going to do any extensions to the No Sail Order - I almost feel like they have gotten disinterested in dealing with the issue, and they will just let it expire.

4 hours ago, St.Pete said:

I don't see it, would happy to be wrong, but I won't set foot on a ship for at least another year.  Cruising to nowhere, even if allowed, doesn't interest me at the time.

We all make choices, there is no right or wrong..

Just now, latserrof said:

Faint praise. No, he can't be considered credible or reliable. Unless you really want to.

Oh, weird. He’s the only person who possibly suggested cruise cancellations would continue during the same period the brand ambassador stated the sailings were a 100% go. The brand ambassador even said statements such as the virus going away completely in October.

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Oh, weird. He’s the only person who possibly suggested cruise cancellations would continue during the same period the brand ambassador stated the sailings were a 100% go. The brand ambassador even said statements such as the virus going away completely in October.

7 hours ago, latserrof said:

Faint praise. No, he can't be considered credible or reliable. Unless you really want to.

LOL, where are these people with the crystal balls that know the answers?

I thought all cruises were cancelled until at least October 31st?  I wouldn't consider November "very soon".

Also, you're delusional if you think any cruises are leaving from the US in 2020.

CDC no sail order is until Sept.31. Cruise lines voluntarily cancelled thru October 31. They could sail as of October 1 if CDC doesn’t extend no sail order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, brenderlou said:

CDC no sail order is until Sept.31. Cruise lines voluntarily cancelled thru October 31. They could sail as of October 1 if CDC doesn’t extend no sail order.

Impossible to sail October 1 if CDC doesn't extend. The ships will take at least 4 weeks to crew back up, get ships back to US ports if not longer.

And they won't know if CDC IS going to drop No Sail until mid to late September.

November at best!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just my opinion, but anyone in a high risk category concerning  this virus who decides to go on a cruise ship any time soon is making the wrong choice. 

Your opinion ONLY! Certainly not ours.  My wife and I are both in our mid 70s and in excellent health. We would take a cruise today if it was available. We kept rebooking month after month since our cancellations started. Cancellation after cancellation. So now we gave up. Our next cruise is Jan 9 2021. 7 cancelled cruises for this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

We kept rebooking month after month since our cancellations started. Cancellation after cancellation. So now we gave up. Our next cruise is Jan 9 2021. 7 cancelled cruises for this year.

Hope springs eternal!  Until it doesn't.  Your next cancellation?

Edited by latserrof

16 hours ago, brenderlou said:

John Heald said today that shorter sailing before November are still a possibility. He was also appalled by the comment of money grabbing. 
I’m hopeful, but cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just my opinion, but anyone in a high risk category concerning  this virus who decides to go on a cruise ship any time soon is making the wrong choice. 

Would not disagree on the second part and agree on the first part. 😉

34 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Someone in my roll call said their PvP said he feels 95% certain our 11/7 cruise will be a go. FWIW.

I'm not sure why anyone would have faith in what a PVP says anymore. They are clearly not in the loop. Throughout this whole thing I've seen people post "my PVP has worked there for 20 years and is certain my August.... September.... October cruise will go". A bit like JH, the company line is getting a bit old...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

I'm not sure why anyone would have faith in what a PVP says anymore. They are clearly not in the loop. Throughout this whole thing I've seen people post "my PVP has worked there for 20 years and is certain my August.... September.... October cruise will go". A bit like JH, the company line is getting a bit old...

That's why I put FWIW at the end. May not be worth anything to you. That's fine. 

• Like 2

We can all suppose and hope that cruising takes the path we wish it would take.  A lot of people of all ages and risk factors will choose to cruise as soon as it opens up.  I am in a quandary about cruising in the immediate future.  I have seen where young athletic men die from it and a story of a 104 year old woman survived it, so who really knows. Many who survive it may have long term problems. 

I have a cruise with 2 friends at the end of this February, and plan to see what happens by the end of November.  If Carnival hasn't cancelled by then, we will most likely cancel or move it to 2022.  All we can do is wait as I don't believe even  the "white hats" know.  They are trying to keep everyone 's cruising hopes up, and one day it will actually start up again.