Anthem unlimited dining

I’m considering buying the unlimited dining for my cruise (12 nights and 6 sea days). There aren’t as many options on anthem as on other ships. I have a few questions about inclusions:

Michael’s pub food? (My guess is yes)

La Patasserie (my guess is no)

solarium bistro upcharges for the $10 extra for lamb chops (don’t know)

48 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I don't know about Anthem, but when I found out Portside BBQ, Playmaker's, and others similar were up charges, I figured I would buy it for our upcoming trip on Oasis.

Oasis has a lot more options 😥

but playmaker being included is why I think michaels will be also 🤞

56 minutes ago, denatravels said:

I’m considering buying the unlimited dining for my cruise (12 nights and 6 sea days). There aren’t as many options on anthem as on other ships. I have a few questions about inclusions:

What year will this cruise be ?

1 hour ago, denatravels said:

Michaels is not included.

I've only done Unlimited Dining on one sailing and that was on Freedom of the Seas, and I was OK with that because of Sabor. If Sabor were the only restaurant, I'd probably still do the Unlimited Dining. 🙂 It was only a 7 night cruise, and I pretty much went to Johnny Rockets for lunch every day, too. I was only getting onion rings and had switched to diet Coke from milkshakes by the end, though. 

I have yet to do the Unlimited Dining on Anthem. I just can't bring myself to basically doing Chops almost every night. Wonderland certainly has attraction, but I can barely see myself going there once. And Giovanni's was so bad on Freedom, and the menu at Jamie's Italian doesn't interest me in the least, that's a once-and-done at best. And I don't eat fish or seafood so Izumi is useless to me.

Maybe with the idea of a more restricted environment in the main dining room and buffet, the idea of specialty dining, mostly in Chops every night, may be something to consider. But for me it's a hard sell otherwise.

I can make a meal out of a couple appetizers at Brass & Bock (formerly Michael's Pub) and have a few times, but that's not part of the Unlimited Dining plan. The Dog House has served me well for a small lunch many times (free), as has Sorrento's (free).

If Anthem had a full Sabor Mexican Restaurant it'd be a no-brainer for me. If they at least had one more restaurant that wasn't focused on fish/seafood so much that might be enough and would certainly make it easier to see getting full use from it. But right now Anthem's Unlimited Dining options feel too limited for the most part.

On 8/29/2020 at 3:13 PM, denatravels said:

Wonderland

Chops

Jamie's Italian

Izumi

I don't know if Johnny Rockets will still be on the Anthem when she returns.  Does anyone here know?

(Michael's Pub doesn't exist any more; it's just the Pub)

La Patisserie, no.

I don't know about the Solarium Bistro upcharges, but the menu is fine without those items, IMO.  One night my dining companion ordered the lamp chops, had to send them back twice, then just gave up.  I find the buffet more than satisfying and don't  even bother ordering an entree.

What is the price in your Cruise Planner?

• Like 1

Wonderland

Chops

Jamie's Italian

Izumi

I don't know if Johnny Rockets will still be on the Anthem when she returns.  Does anyone here know?

(Michael's Pub doesn't exist any more; it's just the Pub)

La Patisserie, no.

I don't know about the Solarium Bistro upcharges, but the menu is fine without those items, IMO.  One night my dining companion ordered the lamp chops, had to send them back twice, then just gave up.  I find the buffet more than satisfying and don't  even bother ordering an entree.

What is the price in your Cruise Planner?

It’s $239 for the twelve days and 6 lunches.

Is the $35 credit at sushi the same value for lunch or is it less?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only done Unlimited Dining on one sailing and that was on Freedom of the Seas, and I was OK with that because of Sabor. If Sabor were the only restaurant, I'd probably still do the Unlimited Dining. [emoji846] It was only a 7 night cruise, and I pretty much went to Johnny Rockets for lunch every day, too. I was only getting onion rings and had switched to diet Coke from milkshakes by the end, though. 

I have yet to do the Unlimited Dining on Anthem. I just can't bring myself to basically doing Chops almost every night. Wonderland certainly has attraction, but I can barely see myself going there once. And Giovanni's was so bad on Freedom, and the menu at Jamie's Italian doesn't interest me in the least, that's a once-and-done at best. And I don't eat fish or seafood so Izumi is useless to me.

Maybe with the idea of a more restricted environment in the main dining room and buffet, the idea of specialty dining, mostly in Chops every night, may be something to consider. But for me it's a hard sell otherwise.

I can make a meal out of a couple appetizers at Brass & Bock (formerly Michael's Pub) and have a few times, but that's not part of the Unlimited Dining plan. The Dog House has served me well for a small lunch many times (free), as has Sorrento's (free).

If Anthem had a full Sabor Mexican Restaurant it'd be a no-brainer for me. If they at least had one more restaurant that wasn't focused on fish/seafood so much that might be enough and would certainly make it easier to see getting full use from it. But right now Anthem's Unlimited Dining options feel too limited for the most part.

I’ve been to chops and enjoyed it. And I love sushi. I think this would be an easier decision if I had ever been to Jamie’s or wonderland. But I disagree about the menu for Jamie’s— looks great to me.

2 minutes ago, denatravels said:

It’s $239 for the twelve days and 6 lunches.

1 minute ago, denatravels said:

I’ve been to chops and enjoyed it. And I love sushi. I think this would be an easier decision if I had ever been to Jamie’s or wonderland. But I disagree about the menu for Jamie’s— looks great to me.

I like all of the specialty restaurants on Anthem,  and would be able to eat at each multiple times.

I have the same pricing on some upcoming long Odyssey and Ovation cruises, and have booked the UDP.

Since you don't like the shows on Anthem, I say, "Go ahead and buy the UDP and consider the specialty dinners your evening's entertainment."  🙂 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I like all of the specialty restaurants on Anthem,  and would be able to eat at each multiple times.

I have the same pricing on some upcoming long Odyssey and Ovation cruises, and have booked the UDP.

Since you don't like the shows on Anthem, I say, "Go ahead and buy the UDP and consider the specialty dinners your evening's entertainment."  🙂 

How can one not like We Will Rock You😢

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Not definitively but they say did she would be getting no work of any significance to guest areas.  While some crew did comment on the CL signage I didn't hear any other claims of changes such as JR.    

3 hours ago, denatravels said:

I'd go to Jamie's just for the Amalfi Lemon Cheesecake - my favorite RCCL dessert.

Image result for royal caribbean amalfi lemon cheesecake

• Like 1

Jaime's is absolutely amazing. Talk about being stuffed when you leave there. I lost over 70 pounds before our Anthem cruise and Jaime's was my first let go night and I was freaking stuffed when we left and it was absolutely delicious.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I like all of the shows.  Neither of you mentioned Spectra's Cabaret, but I love that, too.

I think that I liked Starwater a little bit more, but I really enjoy Spectra's Cabaret.  

Name That Tune is a lot of fun, unless you get repeaters, who also ruin the Love & Marriage show.

😄 

17 hours ago, denatravels said:

I really didn’t. emoji23.png

Same here.  The entertainment program is one of the worst in the fleet.  Still don't know what the gift was.  🤥 I was told that the gift was "Love".  How corny.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I like all of the shows.  Neither of you mentioned Spectra's Cabaret, but I love that, too.

I think that I liked Starwater a little bit more, but I really enjoy Spectra's Cabaret.  

Name That Tune is a lot of fun, unless you get repeaters, who also ruin the Love & Marriage show.

😄 

We enjoy Spectra too, especially if Terry Lavell is on the sailing.  We no longer go to Love and Marriage, we watch it in the cabin as we are getting ready for the day.  Not worth going live as there is always repeaters who ruin it.  We love going to The Via, Schooner Bar or the Pub for live music with some of the musicians and performers from WWRY, especially Joyce Kuo.

• Like 1

On Anthem the Windjammer has a wide variety of food that was always  great . Jamie's was awful, I would never go back to that place.....................

I agree that there is a particularly nice windjammer on that ship— I don’t expect it to be there when it comes back to service (at least in that capacity). I think buffets are done with.

What exactly was the issue with Jamie’s? Why didn’t you like it?