Deck 12 on Oasis

LuCruise

Is deck 12, mid section, ok in terms of movement on Oasis class?  I would normally prefer a room on a lower (anywhere form 7-10), but we don't have a lot of options if we want a room that has a sofa bed plus a Pullman.  

Thanks.  I guess no matter where you are, you are going to feel that kind of movement.

I've heard that deck 14 should be avoided since it's under the pool (CP room).  Is this an issue for deck 12 as well?  We don't care about noise in the day...just very early morning or late at night.

8 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  I guess no matter where you are, you are going to feel that kind of movement.

I've heard that deck 14 should be avoided since it's under the pool (CP room).  Is this an issue for deck 12 as well?  We don't care about noise in the day...just very early morning or late at night.

We have been on deck 12 on the first 'hump' twice (Oasis and Allure) and had no noise issues at all.  We avoided 14 for that reason.  Like Merion Mom said, not much movement on an Oasis class, they are so big and heavy.  

20 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

It takes almost a hurricane to feel a lot of motion on Oasis Class ships.

Guess we were "lucky" then the one time we sailed the Oasis.  Theatre, ice, and diving shows cancelled due to rough seas.  Barf bags all over the ship.  While riding the flowrider, all the water sloshed to one side and I was left on a dry surface til the water sloshed back to the other side.  This was about 10 years ago sailing March in the Caribbean with no hurricanes.  Crew who had been on the ship for several years said it was one of the two roughest sailings they had encountered on the Oasis.

That said, we loved it and are booked to sail her again in March 2021.

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

Guess we were "lucky" then the one time we sailed the Oasis.  Theatre, ice, and diving shows cancelled due to rough seas.  Barf bags all over the ship.  While riding the flowrider, all the water sloshed to one side and I was left on a dry surface til the water sloshed back to the other side.  This was about 10 years ago sailing March in the Caribbean with no hurricanes.  Crew who had been on the ship for several years said it was one of the two roughest sailings they had encountered on the Oasis.

Yikes, not a good sign if they are bringing out the barf bags.  And in that case, you will feel the ship no matter where you are.  

This cruise is Mar 2022 in Caribbean (and have Mar 2021 booked as well).  You never know with weather.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Yikes, not a good sign if they are bringing out the barf bags.  And in that case, you will feel the ship no matter where you are.  

This cruise is Mar 2022 in Caribbean (and have Mar 2021 booked as well).  You never know with weather.

We have been on 3 Oasis class transatlantic cruises, all on deck 12 forward hump and never felt much of anything. Deck 12 has about 100 fewer cabins which makes for a lot less elevator/hallway traffic. Avoid deck 14 if you are concerned about overhead noise, especially true if you have a neighborhood balcony. happy cruising

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have been on 3 Oasis class transatlantic cruises, all on deck 12 forward hump and never felt much of anything. Deck 12 has about 100 fewer cabins which makes for a lot less elevator/hallway traffic. Avoid deck 14 if you are concerned about overhead noise, especially true if you have a neighborhood balcony. happy cruising

Thanks.  Noise isn't as much of a concern unless at wee hours of the night.  (We've stayed in a Boardwalk balcony and the noise didn't bother us).  It's more the movement of a higher deck, but doesn't seem like it's an issue for "normal" weather.  

7 hours ago, LuCruise said:

but we don't have a lot of options if we want a room that has a sofa bed plus a Pullman. 

You are on Oasis or Allure aren’t you?  There are no Pullman’s on Harmony or Symphony.  Your thread title said Oasis but then you mentioned Oasis class in the post.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are on Oasis or Allure aren’t you?  There are no Pullman’s on Harmony or Symphony.  Your thread title said Oasis but then you mentioned Oasis class in the post.

Right...If it was Harmony or Symphony then we would have more options as they have the trundle style for all "sofa beds" if I am not mistaken.

This is for Oasis....one of the CP rooms on deck 12 that are 5+....so I believe that means sofa bed + Pullman

Just now, LuCruise said:

Right...If it was Harmony or Symphony then we would have more options as they have the trundle style for all "sofa beds" if I am not mistaken.

This is for Oasis....one of the CP rooms on deck 12 that are 5+....so I believe that means sofa bed + Pullman

It does. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Crossing the Atlantic on Symphony they drained the pools for a few days because of the rough seas in the wake of a hurricane. It happens but not often.

34 minutes ago, Showme72 said:

Been on Oasis/Oasis Class many times and the ride is absolutely wonderful. If it gets really rough outside, you will be rocked to sleep, not tossed or bothered. You will sail around any bad storms. Enjoy!!! No Worries!

Sounds lovely.  Hope things get back soon.  Miss cruising.

11 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

I love feeling the ship move.  Back in the day they would leave the pools open - mini wave pools were fun.

Oasis ships are pretty smooth sailing unless you hit some gnarly stuff.  Don’t worry about it

Thanks.  It doesn't bother me but my son has a sensitive stomach.  Last March there was one evening where he felt it on Symphony and had to take something.  But we weren't up high at the time and pretty sure he would have felt it anywhere in that scenario.

30 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  It doesn't bother me but my son has a sensitive stomach.  Last March there was one evening where he felt it on Symphony and had to take something.  But we weren't up high at the time and pretty sure he would have felt it anywhere in that scenario.

Have you guys tried those pressure bands you wear on the wrist?  Helps my wife a lot

21 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Deck 12 has a 1 deck buffer to the pool deck and has been our deck of choice for 4 cruises on this class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

If that is the OCT/NOV 2021 we will be there with you. 

I am booked on the "soon to be cancelled...probably doomed" 11/29 & 12/6/2020 Harmony cruise in 3 months.  😉 

However, I am also booked on 11/28 & 12/5/2021 Harmony.  

Now..the question is...when do we actually start cruising again.  😮