Concierge lounge vs Diamond Lounge on Brilliance

BillOh

7 hours ago, George C said:

It was never that crowded on our sailing always was able to find a empty table. But I guess that depends on the amount of diamond plus sailing. Lounge was definitely bigger and nicer than the larger voyager class concierge lounges .

Most of them much bigger now

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Ha! We did Brilliance GS #1600 for our 40th two years ago this past May. We parked up at the bar quite often. And after a 12 day cruise we close to several couples we met in the CL that we now call friends. The CL on that cruise was the place to go. Wonderful staff, full size bar, and it offered a little outdoor area as well. We never did make it to the DL as it was very crowded and many wanted in the CL. 

Enjoy the cruise & both lounges...and Happy Anniversary! 

Our brilliance cruise in 1600 was also a really great round trip from Barcelona.

• Like 1

Did Brilliance to Baltics in 2014.  Had a GS then but very few suite benefits then, though I do remember a Butler.   Already D+ then so had CL access already.  I do remember a Pinnacle who seemed annoyed that we were in the lounge!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Did Brilliance to Baltics in 2014.  Had a GS then but very few suite benefits then, though I do remember a Butler.   Already D+ then so had CL access already.  I do remember a Pinnacle who seemed annoyed that we were in the lounge!  

Brilliance——butler??? 

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

How did the Pinnacle know that you were Diamond +?   Was he checking cards at the door?

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

They are right across the hall from each other. Take your pick. Just be careful of the stair in the CL. 

Coming off the half circle bar area...yeah...wicked!  

On Brilliance a couple of years ago...I had another problem in the CL.  The floor was sinking underneath at the edge of the carpet, I caught and twisted my foot on it and went splat.  First night of 7 night cruise...broken foot and wheel chair rest of cruise.  Sigh....  "poop" happens.  

And no...did not sue RCI.  😉 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We might have enjoyed the concierge lounge if it wasn't standing room only. Any time of day we went it was packed. We did love the Diamond lounge and could always find a seat.

We had the opposite happen on Brilliance Tampa when we tired to visit the DL. 

The DL used the entire VCL as overflow, (way too many Diamonds on board) but still could not get a drink in there, or find a seat..even standing at the bar for 10 minutes.

Finally gave up and went back to the CL...which was not busy at all.  

Ship to ship...cruise to cruise...date to date...all different scenarios.  

• Like 3

sounds like our last explorer of the seas sailing, We had 1600 diamonds onboard and they would be standing at the door to the DL an hour before it opened.......Had to go into the adjoining lounge every night....Still managed to have a great cruise.Me thinks that folks just like to drink too much!, but boy it's fun to watch.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Brilliance——butler??? 

m

In 2014 before all the extra benefits for suites they gave you a butler in a grand suite.  Also it was before Royal up, a free upgrade from a JS (which we had upgraded to after final when it was cheaper than our aft balcony!) 

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

How did the Pinnacle know that you were Diamond +?   Was he checking cards at the door?

Not sure but got a cold shoulder.   Everyone else was fine.  Met a lovely couple there who we saw when we were in Sydney this winter. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Doing that one next year (I hope/think?) paired with 12 nights British Isles as B2B on Jewel in August.  

Well ... it looks like we're going to the same places, just different times.  Meaning, we're doing the 12 Night British Isles in July, but this cruise will be w/ Celebrity on the Reflection. 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

In 2014 before all the extra benefits for suites they gave you a butler in a grand suite.  Also it was before Royal up, a free upgrade from a JS (which we had upgraded to after final when it was cheaper than our aft balcony!) 

🤣😂😆

Guess mine got lost somewhere on the ship...I never saw one.  Had many GS cabins before 2014.  

Now...Penthouse suite on NCL..we DID have a butler.  But never on RCI in a GS.  Star class on Oasis class...yeah..the Genie.  But that is the only one I know of.  

• Like 1

On Radiance circumnavigation of Australia they used Safari club for D lounge and D+ were barred from CL.  

Same thing on our last cruise on Rhapsody in February. ...using "Shall we Dance" lounge (which was literally our last cruise ...sigh..  😞 ).  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

🤣😂😆

Guess mine got lost somewhere on the ship...I never saw one.  Had many GS cabins before 2014.  

Now...Penthouse suite on NCL..we DID have a butler.  But never on RCI in a GS.  Star class on Oasis class...yeah..the Genie.  But that is the only one I know of.  

We have had a Genie in Star Class too but never a butler in any suite. We have been in a lot of different suites since 2001, including the Presidential Suite, and our butler must have gotten lost with yours!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

🤣😂😆

We had a butler on Celebrity. 2005, Galaxy, Sky Suite. He was having a turf war with our cabin steward the whole time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We have had a Genie in Star Class too but never a butler in any suite. We have been in a lot of different suites since 2001, including the Presidential Suite, and our butler must have gotten lost with yours!

Yup...pesky butler...how dare he hide from us!!  😉 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We’ve been sailing Royal  Caribbean since the mid  90s and never heard of a butler on their ships. Celebrity, yes. 

Glad  you enjoyed the accommodations. 
m

• Like 1