We will all cruise together someday... hopefully soon...

I know  that everyone is frustrated. We all want to get back to sea. I hate it when someone makes a post that should be viewed as positive and then they are immediately bashed for being overly optimistic or a dreamer.  I realize none of us want to be disappointed again as more and more cruises are cancelled and delays keep getting extended. But, there are those who are making it through this by clinging to glimmers of hope. We all have to get through this in our own way, and it sure doesn't help to berate and mock those posters. Remember, we will all be back to sea together; the optimist, the pessimist, the realist, the dreamers. Please reserve all negative and nasty posts for those post regarding tipping and MDR attire... LOL Just kidding! Come on people, let's get along and get through this together!

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

I know  that everyone is frustrated. We all want to get back to sea. I hate it when someone makes a post that should be viewed as positive and then they are immediately bashed for being overly optimistic or a dreamer.  I realize none of us want to be disappointed again as more and more cruises are cancelled and delays keep getting extended. But, there are those who are making it through this by clinging to glimmers of hope. We all have to get through this in our own way, and it sure doesn't help to berate and mock those posters. Remember, we will all be back to sea together; the optimist, the pessimist, the realist, the dreamers. Please reserve all negative and nasty posts for those post regarding tipping and MDR attire... LOL Just kidding! Come on people, let's get along and get through this together!

😍😍😍 😆😆😆  👍👍👍

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

BUT, please remember this is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions.  No need to be nasty, but if someone disagrees with a post, they should be able to do so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm actually thrilled about going back to cruising with some of the new protocols that will be implemented, some of which I wished for before the pandemic. All thew new technological advances that will improve the cruise experience, from check in process, to muster drill, to how we'll experience dining onboard sound wonderful. All while enjoying a bit more personal space and a cleaner environment. 

I know that all of it won't be pina coladas and margaritas with a tropical umbrella, but I'm going to focus on the good stuff. :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

True, but sometimes a disagreeing response isn't just not necessary or helpful.

But who determines that something isn't necessary or helpful?  That is the big problem - when other people decide what is and isn't acceptable  for someone else based on their opinions or values.

Again, as long as someone isn't hateful, all comments and thoughts should be freely exchanged on these boards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

Thank you, could not have said it better myself. I am one of those positive people that continually gets bashed out here by the negative people, so I love your post

• Like 4

15 hours ago, mek said:

But who determines that something isn't necessary or helpful?  That is the big problem - when other people decide what is and isn't acceptable  for someone else based on their opinions or values.

Again, as long as someone isn't hateful, all comments and thoughts should be freely exchanged on these boards.

Okay...

19 hours ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

Yeah buddy!!!

This situation is mentally draining for many (understandable)

Just have to roll with it and hope for the best - just remember it could be MUCH worse.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mek said:

I guess it's open season on shaming people

• Like 2

I get tired of the snarky comments. If one chooses to hope for a cruise in the near future there are those who insist on pouring cold water on that hope. I know and understand the situation and do not need someone telling me what is going on. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

A group of people who became friendly on another cruise board site decided to go on a cruise together.They live all over the US and in 2018 booked a cruise leaving from Fla in April 2020.Many of the people also post on CC.I am in e-mail contact with several of them and they were so excited.Many of these people are elderly and their smiles went to frowns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hloakes said:

I get tired of the snarky comments. If one chooses to hope for a cruise in the near future there are those who insist on pouring cold water on that hope. I know and understand the situation and do not need someone telling me what is going on. 

That is exactly my point! I guess, if I want to be positive or hopeful, I should post those comments on a different site...

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

More positive would be Go politicians 😀

Did the Washington football team pick a new name 😁

Ah the good old days , watching football at the on air club on Oasis and Allure. 

Cruising at its finest ... for me anyway  lol ,  great memories .

I specifically cruised in September so i could catch a few games during the cruise.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:42 PM, CaribbeanCrushed said:

I hope we can cruise together sometime soon and we can spend some quality time at the pool.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, loman said:

Did the Washington football team pick a new name 😁

Ah the good old days , watching football at the on air club on Oasis and Allure. 

Cruising at its finest ... for me anyway  lol ,  great memories .

I specifically cruised in September so i could catch a few games during the cruise.

I haven't heard that they've picked a new name yet. They are keeping us in suspense. 

I remember watching a Steelers/Ravens Monday Night game on the Oasis. I was amazed at how the teams jerseys suddenly appeared. I was a fun evening!