ALL THINGS CRUISING, IT'S ALL YOURS

Spif Barwunkel

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

A resounding YES, with very slight variations...😁

A few posts back I was referred to, in a less than complimentary way as  "  you're the outsider(the guy that don't get it) " .

Perhaps he/she was correct ??  

Also, someone suggested " If ya don't like the subject (s) ya move along ".  

That's true ---- advice well taken.

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

A few posts back I was referred to, in a less than complimentary way as  "  you're the outsider (the guy that don't get it) " .

Don't go there....

We were all OUTSIDERS at the beginning... it takes quite some times to get accustomed to the various "abbreviations" and "allusions" here -- CC, FP, DH, DS, DD -- it takes perseverance to "blend in", but, for me at least, it is well worth it.

Not many, if any, IsraeIis post here -- I'm THE definition of "outsider"....

I was also "corrected" several times by "long timers", but took it in a stride. So should you 😁

• Like 2

For many years cruisers have journeyed the world’s oceans. Beginning in January, in to the spring equinox and on through the winter solstice in December, millions have found their way to familiar places and unfamiliar locales. This annual migratory adventure ended abruptly in early 2020 when a phantom menace became involved in the natural order of things. Since then, strenuous ongoing efforts to quell the pandemic continue while the allure of the seas remains constant.

Once this conundrum is resolved satisfactorily, I wonder if we will ever know how close to the edge of extinction this cruiser species came. Was there a small step or a giant leap yet to go? When next we cruise, will our reflection in the mirror reveal the same cruiser or an unrecognizable silhouette of our former self? I am confident that the mirage we now imagine will once again become the oasis for our enjoyment and relaxation.

If only temporarily, our cruising freedom as we know it promises some modification. Our newly acquired vision of this ongoing odyssey will eventually become clear. When the stars align and each constellation resumes its navigational responsibility, I hope my current cruising plans are in harmony with those of the cruise lines. Surely, within the realm of infinity, there exists the resumption of migratory cruisers who will hope to once again reach the apex of what cruising has to offer.   

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Don't go there....

We were all OUTSIDERS at the beginning... it takes quite some times to get accustomed to the various "abbreviations" and "allusions" here -- CC, FP, DH, DS, DD -- it takes perseverance to "blend in", but, for me at least, it is well worth it.

Not many, if any, IsraeIis post here -- I'm THE definition of "outsider"....

I was also "corrected" several times by "long timers", but took it in a stride. So should you 😁

Agree and still consider myself a newbie (outsider) to CC. There is a lot of good info shared by many here on CC and I learn something new everyday. 👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

For many years cruisers have journeyed the world’s oceans. Beginning in January, in to the spring equinox and on through the winter solstice in December, millions have found their way to familiar places and unfamiliar locales. This annual migratory adventure ended abruptly in early 2020 when a phantom menace became involved in the natural order of things. Since then, strenuous ongoing efforts to quell the pandemic continue while the allure of the seas remains constant.

Once this conundrum is resolved satisfactorily, I wonder if we will ever know how close to the edge of extinction this cruiser species came. Was there a small step or a giant leap yet to go? When next we cruise, will our reflection in the mirror reveal the same cruiser or an unrecognizable silhouette of our former self? I am confident that the mirage we now imagine will once again become the oasis for our enjoyment and relaxation.

If only temporarily, our cruising freedom as we know it promises some modification. Our newly acquired vision of this ongoing odyssey will eventually become clear. When the stars align and each constellation resumes its navigational responsibility, I hope my current cruising plans are in harmony with those of the cruise lines. Surely, within the realm of infinity, there exists the resumption of migratory cruisers who will hope to once again reach the apex of what cruising has to offer.   

Oh Brother, such self importance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

Oh Brother, such self importance.

Not true at all, just an intelligent reflective post. Keep them coming Spif!! Sorry we won’t meet on Equinox in January. I believe you did a L&S to January 9, 2022 and we can’t make that sailing. 

I enjoy Spif's threads and posts.  As for this one it seems to have been hijacked a wee bit by posts about the who/what/where of "outsiders" and their comments.  And their getting flamed, or flogged or corrected.  Are not we all outsiders?  This is a cruise board.  Most of us do not really know each other here except through our posts and responses.   Even with my years of cruising I have not actually met most of you on a ship (except for Roll Call parties).  Who am I to say what constitutes an "outsider" opinion.  Just perhaps because you disagree with me? And by analogy an "insider" would agree with me. Honestly if you want to state your opinion which seems to go against the majority of opinions on a thread, that is your absolute right here.  But then don't be sensitive to the responses you get to a point where you need to post about being scolded. Just my opinion.  Sorry Spif for adding one more hijack to your thread.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

This is a cruise board.  Most of us do not really know each other here except through our posts and responses.   

don't be sensitive to the responses you get to a point where you need to post about being scolded.

Excellent --- We learn very quickly who's who on CC.

While there are some who will challenge " anything " just for their own " amusement " and to " stir the pot " ( we use a different expression here ) I find most are intelligent , polite , and a pleasure to read their posts. 

I really would like to meet so many of you.

• Thanks 1

Rather than making four separate posts, I will respond to opa&oma #32, RICCruisers #33, frankdp #34 and TeeRick #35 right here, in order of appearance. And as a reminder, this is an open thread. All posts are valid and meet the criterion because, well, there really is no criterion. Just be nice....or as nice as you can be.
opa&oma - I do have a feeling of self importance. Everyone should. If that comes across in a negative way through my writing, I'll certainly not apologize for that. Accept it as you will, that is as you should. It is the way I express myself. As soon as I saw your response, "OH Brother" the first thing that came to mind was the 1990 movie "O Brother Where Art Thou'". Very funny flick with Clooney, Turturro, Nelson and others.
RICCruisers - Thank you for your comments. You are correct, we felt it best to go ahead and get there while the gettin' was good. January '21 did just not seem feasible. Sorry we will not have the opportunity to connect. Perhaps that good fortune will happen another time.
frankdp - I prefer to titillate my wine. As you know that opens it up, spreads it out and let's it breathe.  
TeeRick - I appreciate your comments. Always a pleasure to read your posts. As an open thread all responses are acceptable, and as we quickly learn there are many ways to express ourselves. It's all good. You can't please everyone (that's my original quote), and I'm sure we all realize that.
The CC boards are not intended to host popularity contests. If you want to be here, you're here at your risk. Although, should there be any risk involved?  

• Like 4

a coupla years ago we had diner at a fancy eatin place in the city. the wine guy pourd the wine from one bottle in to nother one thru a funil. i ferget what he culled it but sumthin bout sedmints. cuz all the mony we spend to cruz celbrity why dont they do it on x boats. don't like drinkin wine wit sedmint stuff in it.   

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

a coupla years ago we had diner at a fancy eatin place in the city. the wine guy pourd the wine from one bottle in to nother one thru a funil. i ferget what he culled it but sumthin bout sedmints. cuz all the mony we spend to cruz celbrity why dont they do it on x boats. don't like drinkin wine wit sedmint stuff in it.   

Perhaps solved by drinkin wine from a box with one of them fanci spig-get faucet thingies.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm a slow learner. 😉

LOL---

You might be a slow learner, but, a very good teacher on how this CC " stuff " works. 

Come to think of it--- Your memory of past posts by a poster who's post( s ) you didn't agree with prompted a quick post for that poster to reflect on before he submits a further post.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pinboy said:

LOL---

You might be a slow learner, but, a very good teacher on how this CC " stuff " works. 

Come to think of it--- Your memory of past posts by a poster who's post( s ) you didn't agree with prompted a quick post for that poster to reflect on before he submits a further post.

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked "?

Underneath the front seat of his car where the police would never find them during his arrest for stealing them.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:02 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

You sound like the " Real " Foster Brooks -- 

Why don't you start a new thread , and to keep it with a cruise theme--

" What current or former entertainer would you most like to meet on a cruise ".

29 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

You sound like the " Real " Foster Brooks -- 

Why don't you start a new thread , and to keep it with a cruise theme--

" What current or former entertainer would you most like to meet on a cruise ".

and that's without the burps and hiccups!

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

We were going to giving cruising a rest this year and do something .We ended up doing nothing(first time in 35 years).I really miss it,what I hate about this whole thing is the indecision in even the smallest things in booking anything. I am ready to cruise and can not wait. I do understand the lines trying to hold there price in the higher zone but I do not think they can. ''This to shall pass''