Summer 2022 - Brochure Launch

majortom10

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Just found online that Royal Caribbean DO allow an FCC to be used as a deposit.

Never needed to try it with Celebrity. I got our deposit back for this year as a refund to my cc. It took about 4 weeks.

39 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The way things are going, I've stopped thinking about an end date to all this.  I've just accepted that there will be restrictions on our lives for the foreseeable future, and that I'll live my life as best as I can within those restrictions. My main hope is that there'll be a window of opportunity next year when cases are low to enable us to have some freedoms like we have  enjoyed in recent months.

In many respects things will be different to some degree. We either won't do anything until it's all as it was, or adapt and enjoy as best we can. Different strokes for different folks. Next year we have booked 2 cruises , 1 canaries package and a Rockies tour. If they go, we will enjoy, if they don't we will use the money to rebook for 2022. Will our holidays be the same as 2019 ?. No. Will we enjoy them?, Probably and we will spend the next few months being optimists.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Pete, my agent has continued working and was unable to get information from P&O.  First of all P&O said the agent would deal with it, then we were to be sent a cheque, then we were asked for bank details.  My agent could do nothing.  I do think P&O are a mess.  Their IT is just dreadful for such a big organisation.

At first, I suspect P&O thought agents would be able to deal with it on the client’s behalf (as should have been the case). However, it soon became clear that some (but obviously not yours) could not do so, so they took it upon themselves to take over the whole procedure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

At first, I suspect P&O thought agents would be able to deal with it on the client’s behalf (as should have been the case). However, it soon became clear that some (but obviously not yours) could not do so, so they took it upon themselves to take over the whole procedure. 

Our local TUI closed down for the last lockdown has never opened since and has now permanently closed. A local independent TA closed during lockdown and books many cruise bookings with various lines. So with many TAs closing in Match for first lockdown it was common sense for the cruise lines to take over refund responsibility and those especially online TAs who managed to stay open had refunds taken out of their hands so they are not to blame for the refund fiasco.

You can use your FCC to cover deposit. I just booked.

My family have £1100 FCC for each adult,  £200 FCC for each child. The 2022 booking I made is £900 for adult, £400 for child. So the adult FCC covers the whole adult fare, I don't need to pay anything.  Child FCC was all spent, left a balance of £200 for each child. All I need to pay was 5% of the balance £400. So today I paid just £20 as deposit for the whole booking of my family. 

I still need to pay £400 cash by April 2020, that's for the balance of my children. 

I still have about £400 FCC left for two adults. I was told I can't use it to cover my children. 

Edited by keeven2

If you think of FCC as 100% cash and 25% bonus.  If you have spent the 100%  on a previous cruise and only have part of the  bonus left , I can see why they want some cash as a deposit. 

But if you have FCC that represents  the cash you gave them left then that must be  accepted as deposit  surely

20 minutes ago, keeven2 said:

You can use your FCC to cover deposit. I just booked.

My family have £1100 FCC for each adult,  £200 FCC for each child. The 2022 booking I made is £900 for adult, £400 for child. So the adult FCC covers the whole adult fare, I don't need to pay anything.  Child FCC was all spent, left a balance of £200 for each child. All I need to pay was 5% of the balance £400. So today I paid just £20 as deposit for the whole booking of my family. 

I still need to pay £400 cash by April 2020, that's for the balance of my children. 

I still have about £400 FCC left for two adults. I was told I can't use it to cover my children. 

Yes this works if you have so much FCC that you eat down into the deposit as you did. If you have a small amount compared to the cruise total it does not happen. 

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just spoke to P&O.  So you cannot use your FCC to pay the deposit on a cruise, so they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.  They have moved the goalpost.  Not spending more money.  I have until Dec 2021 to use it, so will see how things are then.

This is interesting as I have just spoken to someone at P&O because my FCC is still not showing on my account and I was looking at booking a August 2022 cruise. The lady I spoke to said I can't book online but I can book over the phone and use my FCC as a deposit to the new cruise. The only issue would be if it wouldn't cover the deposit (it will). She put a note on my account so I can ring back once I have made the final decision so it will be interesting to see if this is not the case. 

Also, I was very impressed with how quickly I got through on the phone. 

• Like 1

Considering putting a deposit down on summer 2022 but we have annual insurance now that runs out in January. Obviously that means I’m not gonna have insurance for when it goes. 

dunno what is safe etc in regards to deposits, insurance and all this covid stuff

1 hour ago, EM35 said:

This is interesting as I have just spoken to someone at P&O because my FCC is still not showing on my account and I was looking at booking a August 2022 cruise. The lady I spoke to said I can't book online but I can book over the phone and use my FCC as a deposit to the new cruise. The only issue would be if it wouldn't cover the deposit (it will). She put a note on my account so I can ring back once I have made the final decision so it will be interesting to see if this is not the case. 

Also, I was very impressed with how quickly I got through on the phone. 

I got through quickly, but could not use my FCC for the deposit, so don't understand.

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I got through quickly, but could not use my FCC for the deposit, so don't understand.

Reading some of the posts above, I have a feeling that the confusion / mixed messages may be because those who have successfully used (or been told they can use) FCC against new bookings have an amount that is either going to cover the full payment or a sum far greater than the deposit. P&O will take that as a payment (rather than a 5% deposit) but if the amount of FCC is less than the full payment, the bit that the FCC won’t cover is the deposit. That would fit with EM35 being told that their FCC won’t cover the deposit. Just a thought, but if that’s the case it would be yet another crafty move by P&O as deposits aren’t refundable. 

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes you might be right, but 5% deposit for the cruise I looked at is £112.00.  We have £148.50 FCC, so cannot use it for the deposit.

Which would fit with what I’m suggesting Jean. If you had enough FCC to cover the whole cruise cost they would accept it to cover the deposit as well, but as it’s a small amount they would allow you to use it against the balance, but not the 5% deposit. As I say, I am just guessing, but it would make all the differing responses that people are getting make sense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Which would fit with what I’m suggesting Jean. If you had enough FCC to cover the whole cruise cost they would accept it to cover the deposit as well, but as it’s a small amount they would allow you to use it against the balance, but not the 5% deposit. As I say, I am just guessing, but it would make all the differing responses that people are getting make sense. 

Yes understand, disappointing nevertheless.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

It works this way:  the fare minus FCC get the balance, then you need to pay 5% of the balance as deposit. 

Just now, keeven2 said:

It works this way:  the fare minus FCC get the balance, then you need to pay 5% of the balance as deposit. 

So, just to clarify. The FCC is deducted from total cruise cost first  -  then you pay the deposit as you would when booking normally?  It sounds reasonable. 

Avril

27 minutes ago, keeven2 said:

Thanks. Exactly as I said then. 

Edit - sorry. I think that’s different. That sounds very complicated and a very odd way to do it. It would mean that everyone is paying a different deposit. If that’s true, P&O really do make things complicated. It’s no wonder that they even manage to confuse themselves!

Edited by Selbourne

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So, just to clarify. The FCC is deducted from total cruise cost first  -  then you pay the deposit as you would when booking normally?  It sounds reasonable. 

Avril

Seems that way Avril. Shame, as I have some FCC which I would risk against a deposit, but I’m not inclined to throw more money at P&O until things are more settled. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Seems that way Avril. Shame, as I have some FCC which I would risk against a deposit, but I’m not inclined to throw more money at P&O until things are more settled. 

Don't give up hope Selbourne. If they don't get many bookings they may revert to type and change the FCC conditions. Again.

Avril

Just noticed on the email from p and o 2022 summer at the bottom was a question is your cruise data upto date clicked on it and seems they have now added next year cruises ,but when I went in via their web site its the old information  ie not showing future booked cruises .Very strange .I also got 2 emails today last one looked the same as the first but with the words Woops in front dont know what they sent down wrong or tried to correct.

11 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Just noticed on the email from p and o 2022 summer at the bottom was a question is your cruise data upto date clicked on it and seems they have now added next year cruises ,but when I went in via their web site its the old information  ie not showing future booked cruises .Very strange .I also got 2 emails today last one looked the same as the first but with the words Woops in front dont know what they sent down wrong or tried to correct.

Over the last 8 months it seems as though everything in the World has changed. Except, that is, P&O’s completely inept ability to grasp the most basic aspects of IT 😂 

• Like 3

Just found out ho to get the correct  information. I logged into site and when I got the page what says welcome Stephen clicked on my name and then hey presto I get the uptodate information of past cruises peninsular club status details etc .Cracked the code !!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Just found out ho to get the correct  information. I logged into site and when I got the page what says welcome Stephen clicked on my name and then hey presto I get the uptodate information of past cruises peninsular club status details etc .Cracked the code !!!!!

Well done, you have found something I didn't know.  Even my 2 future cruises are there, which weren't before.