Summer 2022 - Brochure Launch

majortom10

39 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Just noticed on the email from p and o 2022 summer at the bottom was a question is your cruise data upto date clicked on it and seems they have now added next year cruises ,but when I went in via their web site its the old information  ie not showing future booked cruises .Very strange .I also got 2 emails today last one looked the same as the first but with the words Woops in front dont know what they sent down wrong or tried to correct.

The first one said 2020 instead of 2022. I spent 5 minutes comparing both before I spotted their error!

jI don't think what P&0 are saying are right.

Say you had a £8000 cruise cancelled. 

You would get £8000 FCC which you can cash in when you like, the £8000 is your money plus £2000 bonus , total £10000

From what people have said if you then book a £11000 cruise they will take £10000 off the price of the cruise , but still ask for a 5%, £550 cash deposit on top of this. But you have put £8000 of your cash down, can't  be a fair system

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

So, just to clarify. The FCC is deducted from total cruise cost first  -  then you pay the deposit as you would when booking normally?  It sounds reasonable. 

Avril

It is more reasonable for P&O though, I would much prefer not to pay out any extra money, but I would be prepared to have all my current FCCs, which are approx. £466, set against one cruise I intend booking, where the deposit would probably be about £160.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

You would get £8000 FCC which you can cash in when you like, the £8000 is your money plus £2000 bonus , total £10000

From what people have said if you then book a £11000 cruise they will take £10000 off the price of the cruise , but still ask for a 5%, £550 cash deposit on top of this. But you have put £8000 of your cash down, can't  be a fair system

No, I had only paid a deposit for this October, the cruise that we should be on now.  I took an FCC for the deposit.  So that is all I had.  I simply wanted to use it as a deposit for a 2022 cruise.

9 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

No, the amount left to pay in your example would only be £1000, so 5% of that is only £50 deposit.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

No, I had only paid a deposit for this October, the cruise that we should be on now.  I took an FCC for the deposit.  So that is all I had.  I simply wanted to use it as a deposit for a 2022 cruise.

Jean thus of your FCC 80% of it is your own cash ie your previous deposit , surely this must be useable as a deposit, you should only have to top up the difference if the second deposit is higher than the orginal. The 20% remain FCC should be treated as a discount off the price

If not they are taking your orginal cash and asking for a 5% cash deposit deposit on top. 

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No, the amount left to pay in your example would only be £1000, so 5% of that is only £50 deposit.

If that's the way it works then we are talking about trivial amounts, but even so you have put £8000 down so they want a deposit of £8050 for a £11000 cruise.

The £8000 should be enough

Just to add to the future cruise credit topic on this thread

I was due to sail on Aurora to Norway Iceland Ireland in August 2020, Which I later cancelled

My deposit was £104, which I had as future cruise credit on the understanding from the agent I cancelled the cruise with that I could use it as a deposit towards a future cruise booking.... Thinking no more about it I was at work debating cruising in 2021 after all that had happened this year... I rang P&O to enquire about how much it would cost to move at 2021 Iona Canaries cruise to Feb`22 - I was told that I wouldnt need to pay anything as I had my FCC to use... I didnt end up paying anything to move the cruise and subsquently now I`m going to the Canaries on Iona in Feb`22 - I`m a happy chappy for that 

Point I`m making is - I was told I could use it towards a future cruise booking, I`m confused JeanLyon why P&O have changed the goal posts.... Maybe one agent knows more then another... I was thinking as I read your posts... Maybe you could ring back and (hopefully) speak to a new person and maybe ask them... Keep us posted, I`m interested to read what they say if you were to ring back and ideally speak to another person........

Edited by cruisefan2012

Can anyone confirm, I am assuming the answer is that you can't but if I have some FCC from a 2020 cruise (the deposit) that didn't go ahead, if I also decide to move a 2021 cruise (we have just paid the deposit) to 2022 and therefore get FCC from that one, can you use both the FCC from the 2020 and 2021 on a booking for 2022?

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Tiggy, log into the P&O site and try it.  Your FCCs should show under the price of the cruise.  Just Click Register and then choose a type of cabin, on the right you should see how much FCC they are showing as coming off.

Thanks but as we haven't yet cancelled the 2021 cruise I am assuming it will only show the 2020 FCC?

1 minute ago, tiggyandpops said:

Thanks but as we haven't yet cancelled the 2021 cruise I am assuming it will only show the 2020 FCC?

The way I interpret it from having spoken to P&O is that if you cancel the cruise this week, you will only be able to transfer the FCC of your 2020 deposit to a pre-reservation deposit. If you wait until booking opens (not pre-reservation), you should be able to transfer the deposit (not as FCC and not 125%) for the cruise you are planning to cancel (not a P&O cancellation) to your new booking. Cancelling a cruise allows you to transfer money paid to a new cruise booking but deposits are not refunded in the event of your cancellation, only transferred.

18 minutes ago, tiggyandpops said:

Oh I see, sorry.  We are the same.  We have a £100 deposit for April 2021 which we are definitely not going on, so I would like to move that deposit to 2022, but it's not big enough so we would still have to put more money in which I am not prepared to do.

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh I see, sorry.  We are the same.  We have a £100 deposit for April 2021 which we are definitely not going on, so I would like to move that deposit to 2022, but it's not big enough so we would still have to put more money in which I am not prepared to do.

You should be able to transfer your £100 deposit to a new booking when you cancel the existing one and rebook a new one. You cannot book a newly released 2022 cruise until next week. Before the new rules came in at the beginning of the pandemic, there was a cancellation fee but this no longer exists so you will actually benefit from the rule change of 6 or so months ago. 

20 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The way I interpret it from having spoken to P&O is that if you cancel the cruise this week, you will only be able to transfer the FCC of your 2020 deposit to a pre-reservation deposit. If you wait until booking opens (not pre-reservation), you should be able to transfer the deposit (not as FCC and not 125%) for the cruise you are planning to cancel (not a P&O cancellation) to your new booking. Cancelling a cruise allows you to transfer money paid to a new cruise booking but deposits are not refunded in the event of your cancellation, only transferred.

Thanks so if I transfer the deposit for next years cruise when booking opens to 2022 I can not use the FCC from 2020 as well at all on that holiday payment either for deposit or remaining balance?

Tiggy I have just phoned P&O again and spoke to a different person who tells me that of course I can use the FCC as the deposit on a new cruise!!!  I give up, they are hopeless.  She wanted to know who I had spoken to who had told me otherwise, and of course I didn't know.

I should add that she told me I could not do that online, only by phoning!

I still don't know if I can cancel April 2021 and use that deposit as well as the FCC.  I will keep you posted.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, tiggyandpops said:

Thanks so if I transfer the deposit for next years cruise when booking opens to 2022 I can not use the FCC from 2020 as well at all on that holiday payment either for deposit or remaining balance?

When you make a booking next week, it appears as though you can cancel and transfer and use the FCC you already have as part payment for the new booking. I always book direct with P&O. To make sure my interpretation is correct, it may be a good idea for you to ring them. Use the freephone number 08000523840

21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Tiggy I have just phoned P&O again and spoke to a different person who tells me that of course I can use the FCC as the deposit on a new cruise!!!  I give up, they are hopeless.  She wanted to know who I had spoken to who had told me otherwise, and of course I didn't know.

I still don't know if I can cancel April 2021 and use that deposit as well as the FCC.  I will keep you posted.

If you cannot use the deposit from the cruise you transfer from April 2021 (always good to use the word ‘transfer’ not ‘cancel’ in these circumstances) when you make a new booking next week, I will be very surprised and I am sure you will keep us informed. Do the transfer and make the new booking at the same time.

12 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

If that's the way it works then we are talking about trivial amounts, but even so you have put £8000 down so they want a deposit of £8050 for a £11000 cruise.

The £8000 should be enough

I agree, but I also understand why P&O want to increase their cash flow.

42 minutes ago, pete14 said:

If you cannot use the deposit from the cruise you transfer from April 2021 (always good to use the word ‘transfer’ not ‘cancel’ in these circumstances) when you make a new booking next week, I will be very surprised and I am sure you will keep us informed. Do the transfer and make the new booking at the same time.

Pete I think there might be a slight problem with that.  The £50 deposit was done on the ship and sent through to my TA, so I don't think I can transfer it directly with P&O.  She told me this morning that I would have to do this with the TA.  The FCC on the other hand is just on my account, so I can use it directly.  I am asking my TA if he also can use the FCC and the deposit.

To add to the issues people are experiencing using FCC towards deposits, I've been trying to check up on the B2B discount.  I appreciate that PandO's website can be difficult to navigate at the best of times, but now can now longer find anything about the discount.

Got our eyes on Arcadia, and there's nice cruise to Norway which we could combine it with.  Previously we would have got 10% off both cruises for B2B, but can't find any mention of it.  Have they done a sneaky little change and removed the B2B discount?