Summer 2022 - Brochure Launch

majortom10

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Perhaps shouldnt mention this 😀 on here but done many British Isles cruises with Princess from Southampton and think they are the best and they do them throughout the summer not just the odd cruise.

i agree.  We have done 2 Round Britain cruises with Princess and have another booked for next May.  We did not consider P&O because my sister and brother-in-law are coming with us for their first cruise and we think that Princess definitely have the edge over P&O.  Princess have some good deals at the moment, making them cheaper than P&O for a better experience.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Perhaps shouldnt mention this 😀 on here but done many British Isles cruises with Princess from Southampton and think they are the best and they do them throughout the summer not just the odd cruise.

We have done a Princess British Isles cruise in the past and enjoyed it but I think the person particularly wants to visit Liverpool and Newcastle.I know some of the itineraries include Liverpool but as far as I am aware I have not known Princess visit Newcastle?

11 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve wanted to visit Newcastle for a long time, and Liverpool. With both of these on the itinerary, it’s attractive to me 

Hi Dermotsgirl we are a little biased as Newcastle is our home port and we loved being tourists for the day we got the Metro train from North Shields into the city centre I think it was about £3.50 return trip the architecture is amazing and the Quayside really buzzing. we also loved Liverpool and how we just walked off the ship and were in the town within 2 minutes have promised ourselves a weekend away to Liverpool hopefully when all this Covid19 is over. Our cruise was in August so the weather was very kind to us just made us want to repeat the whole experience.

• Like 2

We are thinking of going around Britain next year.... in a motorhome, we can do it at our own pace not quick in and outs of ports, plus no rush to get the MDR. 

Depending on COVID and whether there is still chaos at channel we might even venture into France, there are bits of Brittany we didn’t manage to get to in 2015. 

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Not wishing to put a damper, but France has 60000+ cases today and it has been going up for days.  It's out of control.

Don't worry Jean Harry will be along shortly to tell us that Boris is massaging our figures, and our infection rate is not really plateauing out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Not wishing to put a damper, but France has 60000+ cases today and it has been going up for days.  It's out of control.

Unfortunately Jean we don't seem to be doing brilliantly here either though other places like France are far worse than we are.  I only hope that one or more of the vaccines are proved to be working safely and that they get licenced and rolled out quickly because I feel that until they are we have little or no chance of returning to anything resembling normality.

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Unfortunately Jean we don't seem to be doing brilliantly here either though other places like France are far worse than we are.  I only hope that one or more of the vaccines are proved to be working safely and that they get licenced and rolled out quickly because I feel that until they are we have little or no chance of returning to anything resembling normality.

Having  read Brian's post on another thread it seems as though all Europe is experiencing new lockdowns and/or tighter restrictions, albeit for varying reasons. This virus is determined to run it's course regardless of anything we do to try and halt it. We are almost 12 months into this now, and although many thought, myself included, that it would weaken over time as Sars did, it seems inevitable now that a vaccine, probably a yearly one like flu, will be needed if we are to beat this. I still remaim optimistic😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Todays ONS data seems to indicate that our infection rate has now reached its peak and has plateaued out, and all this before the second lookdown, just a pity Boris did not hold his nerve a little longer.  Anyway just proves that blowhard Starmer has been wrong all along, and Boris was taking the right approach.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Todays ONS data seems to indicate that our infection rate has now reached its peak and has plateaued out, and all this before the second lookdown, just a pity Boris did not hold his nerve a little longer.  Anyway just proves that blowhard Starmer has been wrong all along, and Boris was taking the right approach.

The ONS say that rise in the  rate of infections is less steep.

They don’t say that infections have reached their peak or a plateau. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I gave factual information., not an interpretation of the information.

I don’t know about anybody else but I come on this forum to talk cruising not Covid. If I wanted an argument over stats I’d watch the news, we have enough politics and Covid talk outside of this forum so bringing it onto this page just makes it even more depressing. I’m all up for dreaming about holidays instead 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I don’t know about anybody else but I come on this forum to talk cruising not Covid. If I wanted an argument over stats I’d watch the news, we have enough politics and Covid talk outside of this forum so bringing it onto this page just makes it even more depressing. I’m all up for dreaming about holidays instead 

I agree, but the majority of posts on this forum these days are not to do with cruising (or only in the most tenuous way). Due to the lack of cruising to talk about, it has become more of a general chat forum. I hope that it reverts to cruising only discussions once cruising returns to normal, but I fear that the horse has now bolted! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joeecco said:

You'll find that people talk about all sorts of things on this forum.

If I'm not interested, I skim over the posts. May I suggest you do the same 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

You'll find that people talk about all sorts of things on this forum.

If I'm not interested, I skim over the posts. May I suggest you do the same 

Yes and there are many interesting conversations, but some seem to like to correct people more than to just talk. 

May I suggest that if you don’t like what somebody has written to skim over it rather than argue/correct 😄

47 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I gave factual information., not an interpretation of the information.

No you gave the ONS interpretation of their data, which has always erred on the cautious side.  The glass half full media are using a wider set of statistics and drawing a more optimistic interpretation.

14 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I agree, but the majority of posts on this forum these days are not to do with cruising (or only in the most tenuous way). Due to the lack of cruising to talk about, it has become more of a general chat forum. I hope that it reverts to cruising only discussions once cruising returns to normal, but I fear that the horse has now bolted! 

I don't think the horse has bolted Selborne, just an easy distraction while we wait for the positives of cruising to return, although there will probably be the odd thread that strays from this. 

We have to remember that we are amongst a lot of people with time on their hands, little company and nothing to aim for. This is an easy route to depression, so I think it is important for us to be here to keep spirits up and add a little bit of normality to their lives if we can. 

I'm sure we would all rather be discussing tipping, drinks packages and how standards have dropped😊

Andy 

• Like 6

Austria are currently in a similar lockdown and also have a curfew from 2000hrs-0600hrs and the hotel we go every year in January and have done for 30yrs is currently closed due to government restrictions. They have also decided to open for Christmas/New Year and then close on 11th January until 1st April because bookings are so low it isnt worth opening. The moral of this is I dont think, as many would have us believe, that Britain are the only ones suffering as nearly all Europe are encountering a second wave so easy to blame Boris but he cannot be blamed for rest of Europe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I don't think the horse has bolted Selborne, just an easy distraction while we wait for the positives of cruising to return, although there will probably be the odd thread that strays from this. 

We have to remember that we are amongst a lot of people with time on their hands, little company and nothing to aim for. This is an easy route to depression, so I think it is important for us to be here to keep spirits up and add a little bit of normality to their lives if we can. 

I'm sure we would all rather be discussing tipping, drinks packages and how standards have dropped😊

Andy 

I think the launch of the summer 2022 cruises has seen an increase in requests for cruise information. So once cruising does restart, that will again see an upsurge in cruise chatter.  But I do hope that CC continue to operate this more relaxed approach to general chatter on this forum, and not just try to push us towards the rather meaningless general forums where we dont know one another, whilst here we have a shared love of UK cruising.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

That’s a fair point Andy. I did caveat my comment with ‘once cruising starts again’, but I understand that’s not where we are now. As I have said previously when this subject came up, I don’t have a problem with it as I skip over the chatter, as I do the ‘posts for posts sake’ (the need to comment on loads of other peoples posts when a ‘like’ would suffice), but it does all make the threads incredibly long and the subject matter harder to digest as a result. Just saying 😉 I agree that it’s a small price to pay if it keeps people sane though. I am lucky that I have my wife to witter to although, thinking about it, she tends to just ignore me whereas people on here tend to listen more. On that basis I take my comments back 😂 

• Like 3

On 11/5/2020 at 11:17 PM, ann141 said:

We have done a Princess British Isles cruise in the past and enjoyed it but I think the person particularly wants to visit Liverpool and Newcastle.I know some of the itineraries include Liverpool but as far as I am aware I have not known Princess visit Newcastle?

Just bringing this topic/thread back on track.

Princess are doing Newcastle next year (2021) as I'm doing a British Isles cruise on Island Princess and we stop in Newcastle after Edinburgh. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Not received any kind of brouchure for the 2022 summer cruises from p and o .I am listed with them for mail .Not that it matters to much as its on the website but its handy for quick reference

I only received a very thin one yesterday.