Summer 2022 - Brochure Launch

majortom10

We heard from our Derbyshire ta, that they managed to get the cabin that we wanted this morning for our sept 22 holiday. We already had £500 tied up in fcc and deposits so nothing to pay now till June 22. Better start putting some pennies away. 

• Like 4

Yes, likewise, booked this cruise this morning. Lindy, you will like

Arcadia, although I am a bit disappointed that because of the problems

this year, Arcadia has not had the upgrade she was supposed to. 
The Glass House was in line for Arcadia, it’s the only thing we miss

when we sail on her.

Still, you never know, it is two years away.!

Terri

• Like 2

Always nice to visit friends when in foreign ports, hope you book.

I have just started a roll call for this cruise J219. Lindy and Purdey hope

you join it, we can get together and plan any private excursions, if

we are allowed to!

Terri

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Yes, likewise, booked this cruise this morning. Lindy, you will like

Arcadia, although I am a bit disappointed that because of the problems

this year, Arcadia has not had the upgrade she was supposed to. 
The Glass House was in line for Arcadia, it’s the only thing we miss

when we sail on her.

Still, you never know, it is two years away.!

Terri

Funny how we're all different. There's me hoping they never install a Glass House as I like Intermezzo Bar as it is...😊

On 11/12/2020 at 9:30 AM, Splice the mainbrace said:

This morning managed to swop for the second time our deposit to an Arcadia 19 day eastern (central) med cruise in Oct 2022, same as the cancelled cruise we should have been on in the last few weeks.

I've just looked on the P&O website again and the price for a balcony cabin for the cruise has increased by nearly 31% since last Thursday. I know that they use fluid pricing but crikey!

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
Mis-calculation

48 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I've just looked on the P&O website again and the price for a balcony cabin for the cruise has increased by nearly 31% since last Thursday. I know that they use fluid pricing but crikey!

Look on the bright side, this definitely should make P&O realise that their 2 remaining medium sized ships are exceptionally popular. It might even make them consider adding another similar sized ship to their fleet, even if it's a hand me down from elsewhere in the Carival fleets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Look on the bright side, this definitely should make P&O realise that their 2 remaining medium sized ships are exceptionally popular. It might even make them consider adding another similar sized ship to their fleet, even if it's a hand me down from elsewhere in the Carival fleets.

It would be interesting to see how prices have moved on the cruises released last week but on the larger ships.

48 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I'd love you to be right but sadly I feel Carnival are only interested in larger, modern ships now. Unless Iona turns out to be an abject failure, I can't see any mid-size ships coming P&O's way ☹️

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Booked last Thursday for Arcadia.  Between 09:00 when I checked the price, and about 11:00 when I booked, the price went up by £300 pp.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, DamianG said:

Ditto, I mentioned the county as I had it in the back of my mind that you used the same agent. Same TA, different call operator, different day, one says you can't use FCC for your deposit, another says that you can. Typical, but I'm not surprised.

Given how many posters appear to have booked with the same TA as me using their FCC as deposit I sent an email asking why they insisted that I make a cash deposit (despite having enough FCC to cover the deposit for our booking).

Here is an extract from their reply:

P&O have now decided that we do not take a deposit if the Future Cruise Credit covers the amount of deposit which in this case it does. This has only become clear in the last few days.

We have been told that in the next few week that P&O are automatically refunding all deposits that were taken where the Future Cruise Credit value covers the deposit that P&O would normally require.

I'll keep an eye out for our refund and follow up accordingly if it doesn't materialise.

• Like 1

Good for you for asking.  My TA did tell me that P&O are very bad at keeping their agents informed.  It was only seeing something on here which I copied to my TA that he emailed his contact and was told yes they could now use the FCC as the deposit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Sorry if this is a repeat but 22 pages is too many to check.

Can I combine the 10% previous guest discount with the Blue Light card onboard credit?

If I can do that can I also go via a TA as well in order to gain anything extra they can offer?

I am no expert but I think the answer to the first is yes  but no to the 2nd.

11 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Sorry if this is a repeat but 22 pages is too many to check.

Can I combine the 10% previous guest discount with the Blue Light card onboard credit?

If I can do that can I also go via a TA as well in order to gain anything extra they can offer?

You can combine BLC OBC with the 10%, however, as far as I am aware you have to book direct.  Has to be a Select fare as well.

It seems to be quite heavy going sorting out the transfer of two of my cruises to 2022.

I did the Arcadia one last week via the travel agent. I hadn’t had any P&O paperwork through, so I phoned yesterday to enquire. Today I’ve received the cancellation invoice, but not the confirmation for the new cruise. However, it is showing when I sign in, so hopefully it is to follow.

The Queen Victoria transfer has got slightly confusing. It turns out that I was given a wrong quotation, as they included the 10% past customer discount, but I haven’t actually sailed with Cunard yet. They sent me the Cunard confirmation, it looks as if my husband has been charged the correct fare, but I’ve been charged a random fare ( not even the one I was originally quoted). They’ve also got my table size request wrong. So I’ll have to phone them tomorrow to try and sort this out.