NCL Loyalty

Trimone

I personally don't see how this "behavior" on NCL's part is uncaring or disappointing?  This is simply a computer system generated reminder email about expiring Cruise Next certificates.  If individuals aren't interested and want an extension on the expiration it's up to them to request an extension.

• Like 3

If you have a booking made for a cruise that will take place during the next 4 years, like 2021, 2022, or 2023 you can apply the CN to it as deposit.

I had one that was expiring but my PCC was able to apply it to one of our 2022 cruise as one time extension.

If you want to book a far-future cruise you can call and ask to have the CN applied to it.

3 hours ago, Trimone said:

In this climate with a health epidemic going on I find NCLs behaviour very uncaring, and disappointing.

No matter what type of company or industry you deal with, if you are unhappy with their business practices find an alternative.  We all work hard for our money and owe no company our loyalty.   If you read the other cruise line forums on this site just about every line has very unhappy customers at this point.   - Just some food for thought.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Comi.uy said:

Just send em an email, they'll most likely extend them.

I do agree however that they should already just mass update the close to expire ones to have at least an added year...

They wont extend unless you book a cruise before the expiry date.

My sister had one she used to book our March cruise that was cancelled. It expired in June. After our cruise was cancelled, she called to ask them to extend it because it couldn't be used before expiry because all cruises were cancelled, she was told she would have to book another cruise for it to be extended.

I agree, anything that has an expiry date during or after the non sailing period, should have the date extended atleast by the same amount of time that sailings have been cancelled.

Edited by electro
  • Like 1

I'd be thankful that the cruise line alerted me that I had coupons approaching the expiration date... much more than one who simply lets those dates pass quietly.  How mad would you be to be in the middle of booking and THEN discover they've expired?

I mean, at least they told you with enough time to find options.

We had two cruises booked for January 2021 that we weren't comfortable with, but one of our CNs would have expired if we cancelled.  My TA from a big box store said we could keep the same booking numbers/CNs and change the cruises themselves.  That's what we did and it worked fine.

FYI, Princess handles future cruise credits differently.  When you purchase them, they are charged to the credit card you used to pay for your cruise, rather than your onboard account.  Instead of getting OBC immediately, you get it on the future cruise you apply the FCCs to.  Princess' FCCs are good for four years and are refunded if you don't use them.

NCL's CNs are good for two years (I think) and if you don't use them, you lose them.  I like Princess' process better.