The Daily for Wednesday Sep 16, 2020

richwmn

today is Mayflower Day, Mexican Independence, and American Legion Day

Meal suggestion for today - Gingered Spaghetti Salad

Drink of the Day - Kahlua Colada

Wine of the day - Wines of Substance Cabernet Sauvignon Washington Cs Substance vintage 2017

At Sea Caribbean
Eurodam destination Willemstad eta 9/19
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Willemstad

Firth of Forth Anchorage GB
Amsterdam

Fuerte Amador Panama
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Gibraltar
Westerdam

Limassol Cyprus
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Rosyth GB
Rotterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Zaandam

Aigio Greece
Maasdam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MYTH

Katakolo
Veendam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MAJESTY

0916World.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Amsterdam slipped off during the night and is now at Firth of Forth Anchorage in Great Britain. Since all four of the recently sold ships are now in the hands of the new owners, I suppose it is a good time to stop tracking their movements. I hope all four have productive stays with the new owners.

Amsterdam was the last of the fleet that I cruised on to complete the fleet. I had a very nice Alaska Cruise last year. Rotterdam I did the Voyage of the Vikings which was fabulous. Maasdam was the second ship I cruised on and had many more along with several on Veendam.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Rich.  Thank you for keeping us informed about our beloved blue hulled beauties.  Interesting about the Mayflower day. I'll pass on the menu, we are having leftovers tonight.  Everyone stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Prayers for our lists and especially the people from the Northwest.  Horrible air quality.

Kahlua Colada:

1½ oz. Kahlua
2 oz. cream of coconut

2 oz. pineapple juice
1-1½ cups ice cubes

Instructions

Place everything but the ice in a high-performance commercial blender. Then add ice and blend till smooth. (When blending frozen drinks, always put liquid ingredients in the jar first. Follow by adding solid ingredients such as fruit and ice.)

• Like 6

Thank you for the daily, Rich.  No quote?

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Sososailor

Smoke for Victoriann AndiLand, and her in-laws

Himself’s left arm

The Gulf Coast

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Welcome home Cruising along

Himself healing

Welcome home Lindaler

Bermuda escaping Paula with no serious problems

The Towson (JUST North of Batimore) University Athletes for starting a major voter information campaign

Those photos I see this morning from Sally are just heart breaking.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily.

It's a no for the dinner salad concoction, wine and drink of the day. No quote of the day?

I am sad to see the ships dropping off your map. Sad to see our dam ships sold off. Wonder who's next?

Hi Roy, thanks for the prayers and Celebrations. Who is Sarah? Another hurricane?

Hi sisters Denise and Ann, love you girls. Good morning Daily-ites and Father hoping your arm feels stronger soon.

I am happy to report 2 nights now where there's been no invasion. Not sure what today will bring. Should be good weather, maybe take a ride and picnic at one of our beautiful lakes.

Take care, God bless, pray for our nation. We need all the prayers we can get. Love ya'll

English Settlers Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Mexican Independence Day | Ventanas al Mar Cozumel

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Amsterdam slipped off during the night and is now at Firth of Forth Anchorage in Great Britain. Since all four of the recently sold ships are now in the hands of the new owners, I suppose it is a good time to stop tracking their movements. I hope all four have productive stays with the new owners.

Amsterdam was the last of the fleet that I cruised on to complete the fleet. I had a very nice Alaska Cruise last year. Rotterdam I did the Voyage of the Vikings which was fabulous. Maasdam was the second ship I cruised on and had many more along with several on Veendam.

I shall toast to them this evening. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning Rich.  Thank you for keeping us informed about our beloved blue hulled beauties.  Interesting about the Mayflower day. I'll pass on the menu, we are having leftovers tonight.  Everyone stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Prayers for our lists and especially the people from the Northwest.  Horrible air quality.

Kahlua Colada:

1½ oz. Kahlua
2 oz. cream of coconut

2 oz. pineapple juice
1-1½ cups ice cubes

Instructions

Place everything but the ice in a high-performance commercial blender. Then add ice and blend till smooth. (When blending frozen drinks, always put liquid ingredients in the jar first. Follow by adding solid ingredients such as fruit and ice.)

Has anyone ever had one of these? Kahlua and pineapple juice just do not seem compatible.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Sososailor

Smoke for Victoriann AndiLand, and her in-laws

Himself’s left arm

The Gulf Coast

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Welcome home Cruising along

Himself healing

Welcome home Lindaler

Bermuda escaping Paula with no serious problems

The Towson (JUST North of Batimore) University Athletes for starting a major voter information campaign

Those photos I see this morning from Sally are just heart breaking.

Roy

Good catch Roy. My pre-coffee eyes did not catch this.

• Like 2

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! It is sad to see these four ships go. Roy, thank you for our lists. It is wonderful to see the Care list get smaller - for the right reasons.  
Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Joy, good catch on the missing quote!

Cheers to our neighbors in Mexico!  Thank you to the American Legion for helping our veterans and service men & women.

I will have to check out the meal, it sounds interesting. Not sure about the drink of the day. I can not wrap my head around the combination of Kahlua & pineapple juice!

Prayers for all who need our support. 
Cheers to all we are celebrating.

Stay well everyone.

Cab lovers, you might want to add this one to your list. Every vintage is rated between 90 & 93, and the prices all hover around $15. One reviewer said it would be priced 3 - 4 times more, if it came from Napa.

#49 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Depth and layer upon layer, black cassis, dark cherry, tobacco leaf, and morels. Then, pushes on to a full palate, that is savory, mineral-driven and earthbound. Smooth, long, compelling... in a word: harmonious.

WS91
Wine Spectator
Precise and vibrantly structured, with black cherry, espresso and spice flavors that take on richness toward polished tannins. Drink now through 2024.
  • Like 9

34 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

22 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

No quote of the day?

I did two yesterday, I figured I could skip a day!

Actually, the first quote that came up was not appropriate and I deleted it. My mind was on dropping the four ships and what I was going to say, so I didn't think about it again.

How about this?

San Francisco isn't what it used to be, and it never was.
        -- Herb Caen

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I did two yesterday, I figured I could skip a day!

Actually, the first quote that came up was not appropriate and I deleted it. My mind was on dropping the four ships and what I was going to say, so I didn't think about it again.

How about this?

San Francisco isn't what it used to be, and it never was.
        -- Herb Caen

Love it!

Roy

• Like 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

We HAVE to celebrate Mexican Independence Day in this house 😉 

F1058F54-70EE-4BC5-8030-FE1DD123ED5B.jpeg.76f9ae3cbf85b3fc40d0bbdcff7622f7.jpeg

Bless the Legions in all the countries where they operate for what they do for the veterans ❤️ 

I’ll pass on the menu suggestion, thanks.

Prayers to those on Roy’s Care list and a toast to everyone we are celebrating.

Have a good Wednesday everyone, stay safe and don’t forget your masks. 🙂 

E234C03F-A8BD-4336-A884-071BF46A0EC8.gif.fe2f503c665342c5fcb3560489fca107.gif

• Like 10

Surprisingly. I got several sunrises from my 2014 Carnival Fantasy cruise.  I goofed yesterday and that was actually the sunrise from September 16.  This is the one from September 15 when we were at sea:

dawn0915.jpg

Roy

• Like 13

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Happy Mexican Independence and Legion Day to everyone - a great day to celebrate.

I looked up the recipe for the gingered spaghetti salad and I like it - I can always make it and if DH doesn't care for it, only make it for myself in a small batch another time.  For tonight though, we have a ton of tomatoes to go through, so it'll be spaghetti with a beef and tomato sauce for dinner.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising my glass in toast to everyone on the celebration list and especially for the 4 lovely HAL ships moving into their future roles.  The Maasdam, in particular, has provided us with some amazing memories.   Stay well, be safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Rich:  I agree, they are no longer part of the HAL Fleet, sad to say.

• Like 3