November Cruisers????

Summerstravel

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Not the same as a cruise, I know, but you can still visit those places (I'm assuming you are a US resident based on the WV in your profile). My wife and I spent a week in Cancun earlier this month and it was wonderful (and VERY safe). In fact, after we returned, Mexico downgraded its warnings and it's even safer than when we were there. So Cozumel and Costa Maya are still possible.

Our next cruise is scheduled for January, we'll see. (I'm taking the vacation time no matter what!) 😄

Glad you enjoyed Cancun.  I'm seeing many great reviews of Cancun!  If my NYE cruise doesn't go, Cancun is my backup.

• Like 2

Just now, Ryanryanryan said:

Glad you enjoyed Cancun.  I'm seeing many great reviews of Cancun!  If my NYE cruise doesn't go, Cancun is my backup.

It was lovely. We stayed at a resort called NYX Hotel in the hotel zone. Great staff and food, beautiful location, and very safe. All food was handled by staff, no grabby fingers at breakfast, LOL. And they take your temperature when you arrive and you have to apply hand sanitizer a lot, but it wasn't crowded and we had a nice, relaxing time. The sea turtles were laying their eggs and the hotel has a little egg sanctuary where they help protect the babies from predators (mostly birds). It was amazing seeing the mama turtles emerging from the sea around midnight (they only come onshore at night with moonlight as their guide). The staff told us that the turtles come back to their own birthplace to lay the eggs. We got to see a bunch of newborn baby sea turtles squirming around, so cute!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

Did you schedule another cruise? fingers crossed...  

Not yet.  We have three cruises to reschedule.  One cruise was for a week in Alaska by cruise, and a week by land.  It was a big one for us.  The other was an ABC island cruise 8 days in April.  The last one was a reschedule with our son, wife and grandkids for next week.  We are going to reschedule this one for May (when school is out). I may wait a bit, and do two back to back 3-4 day cruises.  I am like a lot of others on here, I think the short cruises will be first.  How about you?  You hanging in there a bit longer?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sand and Seas said:

I wonder how many have kept their early November bookings.  Those dates are coming up soon especially for the cruisers that need to fly in.

I have 3 cruises  booked in November,    simply stacking up the 25% FCC's,  at this point.    I absolutely expect all the cancel,   although some may feel better "hoping" they are sailing.  

I work for a very large company (which I can't mention) that provides technology solutions to the Hospitality industry including Cruise Lines.  I was on a call as recently as last week that indicates that the majors indeed intend to cruise in November barring any further restrictions from the CDC.  We are currently finishing up large projects for RCCL and Disney to upgrade their shipboard technology in advance of this.

This of course can all change, but I feel pretty confidently that we're getting close.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Lupush said:

I work for a very large company (which I can't mention) that provides technology solutions to the Hospitality industry including Cruise Lines.  I was on a call as recently as last week that indicates that the majors indeed intend to cruise in November barring any further restrictions from the CDC.  We are currently finishing up large projects for RCCL and Disney to upgrade their shipboard technology in advance of this.

This of course can all change, but I feel pretty confidently that we're getting close.

I"m cautiously optimistic (and God forgive me if I jinx anything by saying this) because the CDC has not yet extended the No Sail Order and it expires tomorrow. In the past, they haven't waited this late to announce an extension, so let's hope it's a "go" soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

I"m cautiously optimistic (and God forgive me if I jinx anything by saying this) because the CDC has not yet extended the No Sail Order and it expires tomorrow. In the past, they haven't waited this late to announce an extension, so let's hope it's a "go" soon.

That's an excellent point. The CDC no-sail order expires tomorrow. It's the cruise lines themselves that came up with the Oct. 31 no-sail date.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

That's an excellent point. The CDC no-sail order expires tomorrow. It's the cruise lines themselves that came up with the Oct. 31 no-sail date.

Which magically aligns with the 30 days to get a ship ready quote that we have heard from all 3 major lines as well.  Seems they need for it to expire and will use October to staff up and train?  Let's all hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Derbie said:

Not yet.  We have three cruises to reschedule.  One cruise was for a week in Alaska by cruise, and a week by land.  It was a big one for us.  The other was an ABC island cruise 8 days in April.  The last one was a reschedule with our son, wife and grandkids for next week.  We are going to reschedule this one for May (when school is out). I may wait a bit, and do two back to back 3-4 day cruises.  I am like a lot of others on here, I think the short cruises will be first.  How about you?  You hanging in there a bit longer?

Yes I am going to wait a bit longer, I actually, am looking at booking an Alaska cruise for next spring it has a really good price and past guest offers. The b2b cruises sounds like a great idea. 

My sister wants to go on a Bermuda cruise with me. So I might look into that one. I've done the Bermuda cruise out of NYC with Norwegian and it was awesome.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Which magically aligns with the 30 days to get a ship ready quote that we have heard from all 3 major lines as well.  Seems they need for it to expire and will use October to staff up and train?  Let's all hope.

I am hoping lol . Do we think 30 days is enough time to get staff ready? 

1 hour ago, Summerstravel said:

Not sure how much this means or not but I just called Norwegian and they said my cruise was a go. 800-327-7030... 

I hope they are right but do not know if I trust what they say. We have 54 days until our next cruise and I really want to go.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 11:47 PM, farmersfight said:

I agree. Safe & effective Covid-19 vaccine available to everybody by April 2021. Cruising commences May-June 2021. Also, just my forecas

Problem is there won't be enough vaccine for it to be "available to everyone" by April 2021. Just too many doses needed for production capabilities. Essential workers should have access and availability by then yes. Problem is right now only 20% of so of Americans even say they will take a vaccine.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:01 AM, DCGuy64 said:

Not the same as a cruise, I know, but you can still visit those places (I'm assuming you are a US resident based on the WV in your profile). My wife and I spent a week in Cancun earlier this month and it was wonderful (and VERY safe). In fact, after we returned, Mexico downgraded its warnings and it's even safer than when we were there. So Cozumel and Costa Maya are still possible.

Our next cruise is scheduled for January, we'll see. (I'm taking the vacation time no matter what!) 😄

We spent a week in Playa last month and a few days in Key West a few weeks ago.  I agree with you it is not the same as cruising but both were nice getaways.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

So, this is what I'm wondering.  There are a few cruises scheduled to sail out of NYC in Nov.  But, here's the problem.  For those coming in from the majority of other states....there's a 14 day quarantine.  How's that gonna work?

And cases are rising...... One possible option could be to sail from NJ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

So, this is what I'm wondering.  There are a few cruises scheduled to sail out of NYC in Nov.  But, here's the problem.  For those coming in from the majority of other states....there's a 14 day quarantine.  How's that gonna work?

you can come in and quarantine and then go .   but perhaps by then many states will be lifted from the travel ban.   already i believe they removed dc and md. 

• Like 1

Just now, seaman11 said:

you can come in and quarantine and then go .   but perhaps by then many states will be lifted from the travel ban.   already i believe they removed dc and md. 

Quarantine is 14 days.  There are something like 33 states/territories on the list as I write this.  In addition, we are having some local spikes (although none are by the port).

5 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

They change the list frequently as new states meet or clear the criteria, which are 10% positivity rate or a 7-day average of more than 10 new cases per 100,000 population per day. When I crunched those numbers yesterday, there were 32 states on the list, plus Puerto Rico and Guam.

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Quarantine is 14 days.  There are something like 33 states/territories on the list as I write this.  In addition, we are having some local spikes (although none are by the port).

there are several states around NY/NJ not on the travel ban , and im sure some more will come off in a few months time.  i dont think it will be much of an issue fill them up especially if the are running at a lower than normal capacity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

They change the list frequently as new states meet or clear the criteria, which are 10% positivity rate or a 7-day average of more than 10 new cases per 100,000 population per day. When I crunched those numbers yesterday, there were 32 states on the list, plus Puerto Rico and Guam.

The list is updated daily.  Today they dropped 2 and added one.

I don't know how it works politically...but I can't imagine Gov Cuomo allowing all those people to disembark in Manhattan.  My opinion...and my opinion only:  If a cruise sails out of NYC in Nov/Dec (let's just say pre-vaccine) the governor will make the passengers quarantine for 14 days on the ship before they're allowed off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The list is updated daily.  Today they dropped 2 and added one.

I don't know how it works politically...but I can't imagine Gov Cuomo allowing all those people to disembark in Manhattan.  My opinion...and my opinion only:  If a cruise sails out of NYC in Nov/Dec (let's just say pre-vaccine) the governor will make the passengers quarantine for 14 days on the ship before they're allowed off.

Right now you are allowed to pass through New York without quarantining, either by car or by plane. I would think that if you come to New York, go directly to the cruise port, and then leave directly after disembarkation, you would not be required to quarantine. It would only be if you were planning to stay in New York for any period of time before or after the cruise that you would have to quarantine. That being said, I don't know how keen Cuomo or DeBlasio will be on opening the cruise terminal, even if there are restrictions of passengers' movements around the city/state pre and post-cruise.

• Like 2