So White Bay???

GUT2407

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I think this is one of those, I'll believe it when I see it, things.

Golden Princess was supposed to go into Singapore for a spruce and repaint (and some extra cabins?) before joining P&O this month. She's currently sitting offshore from Singapore not doing very much. But whatever they were going to do to her, I can't see it involving cutting 14m off her superstructure so she can fit under the bridge.

I know.

Read somewhere on this forum she was suppoed to add 600 beds.

Guess now with cruising not restarting till at least mid-Dec there's time for it - not sure if Golden has had sailed the normal LAX-SIN repo would the ship have reached Singapore by now or not?

Michael

The passenger capacity of the Golden Princess is listed as 2,600. Here is what Wikipedia says about the Golden Princess shifting to P&O

After Golden Princess transitions into P&O's fleet, her guest capacity will be increased to 3,100, with modifications including the addition of five-berth cabins. P&O also invited the public to contribute suggestions in order to design a more family-oriented experience on the ship.Other new features will consist of a new adults-only lounge space and a recreational park.

Five-berth cabins will appeal to a lot of families. Although they are going to add 500 berths, I don't think they would ever fill all of them. There will be some people travelling as solos, and some couples in four-berth cabins.

11 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The passenger capacity of the Golden Princess is listed as 2,600. Here is what Wikipedia says about the Golden Princess shifting to P&O

After Golden Princess transitions into P&O's fleet, her guest capacity will be increased to 3,100, with modifications including the addition of five-berth cabins. P&O also invited the public to contribute suggestions in order to design a more family-oriented experience on the ship.Other new features will consist of a new adults-only lounge space and a recreational park.

Five-berth cabins will appeal to a lot of families. Although they are going to add 500 berths, I don't think they would ever fill all of them. There will be some people travelling as solos, and some couples in four-berth cabins.

Suspect now is not a good time to have five berth cabins.  I travelled on Angelina Lauro in a six berth cabin, from Sydney to Perth.  (I didn't cruise again for thirty years - cabin plus rough seas.)

Edited by MMDown Under

8 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Suspect now is not a good time to have five berth cabins.  I travelled on Angelina Lauro in a six berth cabin, from Sydney to Perth.  (I didn't cruise again for thirty years - cabin plus rough seas.)

Five-berth cabins appeal to families with three children and that who it would be aimed at. We cruised for many years with three children and (good for us) the Fairstar had some 5-berth cabins. My daughter has three very young children (the eldest is in grade 1) but she would have to book two cabins unless there was a 5-berth cabin available.

When you travelled in a six-berth cabin, maybe it was with five other adults. Was it one of the 'share' cabins where you were with people you hadn't met before? If so, this is quite different from the present day where the cruise lines do not arrange 'share' cabins.

21 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Five-berth cabins appeal to families with three children and that who it would be aimed at. We cruised for many years with three children and (good for us) the Fairstar had some 5-berth cabins. My daughter has three very young children (the eldest is in grade 1) but she would have to book two cabins unless there was a 5-berth cabin available.

When you travelled in a six-berth cabin, maybe it was with five other adults. Was it one of the 'share' cabins where you were with people you hadn't met before? If so, this is quite different from the present day where the cruise lines do not arrange 'share' cabins.

A family of adults and children, who I didn't know, and me.  

I'm thinking of being too crowded, if corona virus gets on board. 

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

A family of adults and children, who I didn't know, and me.  

I'm thinking of being too crowded, if corona virus gets on board. 

When cruising restarts I imagine overall numbers will be capped, not how many people are in one cabin, unless the cruise lines get greedy so families can't cruise in one cabin that is.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, woodscruise said:

I agree, however before Sydney Ports cruise schedule was taken off the web, I did notice that Pacific Adventure had a few departures from there. Not sure how it would fit under the Harbour Bridge.

I have been out of the loop lately, is there still a push to lower the water level in the Harbour?

😎

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

I have been out of the loop lately, is there still a push to lower the water level in the Harbour?

😎

Clive is going to pull the plug tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

When cruising restarts I imagine overall numbers will be capped, not how many people are in one cabin, unless the cruise lines get greedy so families can't cruise in one cabin that is.

Its already capped for the cruises of 2021-2022. Its so hard to get a nice cabin these days especially for some popular routes and cruise companies. I doubt there will be any draw back. In any case I wish everyone a good trip wherever they are going

On an earlier topic in this thread, the Vasco da Gama offers are to be in today.  On CW Kellock site (auctioneers) it is stated that the proceedings were brought by Princess P&O Aus so it appears that CMV did not fully pay for the ships, Columbus being the other one.  Actions for the other ships were brought by Macquarie Bank.

Hayes dock was originally identified as a temporary option for cruise terminal but actually might work with minimal impact the the Rods and Karen's of Yarra Bay.

Does anybody know what the current use of the dock is?  

On 10/6/2020 at 10:16 PM, eamondzhang said:

Guess now with cruising not restarting till at least mid-Dec there's time for it - not sure if Golden has had sailed the normal LAX-SIN repo would the ship have reached Singapore by now or not?

Yes, the Golden would have been in dry dock now.

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Is there a link to the site you got this image?

I don’t seem to be able to bring a link up, I think my iPad needs a update.

But the information is on ports NSW website.

I was show it by someone on another government site.  In the LEP Hayes dock can be used straight away for a 2 year period and that can be extended with a application.

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

Hayes dock was originally identified as a temporary option for cruise terminal but actually might work with minimal impact the the Rods and Karen's of Yarra Bay.

Does anybody know what the current use of the dock is?  

It is part of the proposal, I think Patrick’s have a lease on it.

It would be a quick fix ,process passengers at the airport and shuttle them to the dock.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t seem to be able to bring a link up, I think my iPad needs a update.

But the information is on ports NSW website.

I was show it by someone on another government site.  In the LEP Hayes dock can be used straight away for a 2 year period and that can be extended with a application.

Thanks

On 10/9/2020 at 12:33 PM, Chiliburn said:

It is part of the proposal, I think Patrick’s have a lease on it.

It would be a quick fix ,process passengers at the airport and shuttle them to the dock.

What is this obsession with cruise ship guests being checked in ( processed) at the airport? It will not happen. Only a small percentage of passengers would fly in and go directly to the the ship, they would most likely stay a night or two before and not everybody flies  in  to go on  a cruise so they have to go to the airport just to check in.......dumb idea .🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

What is this obsession with cruise ship guests being checked in ( processed) at the airport? It will not happen. Only a small percentage of passengers would fly in and go directly to the the ship, they would most likely stay a night or two before and not everybody flies  in  to go on  a cruise so they have to go to the airport just to check in.......dumb idea .🤔🤔🤔🤔

And also Sydney airport will charge for this to happen also. On an international airline ticket the WY tax is what the airports are charging the airlines to process passengers. Sydney for memory is the most expensive.

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

You just don’t like the idea because you won’t get a free lunch.

And you don’t like the idea of a water slide.

No way do I eant to go near Sydney airport to check-in for a cruise. It's bad enough having to go there if I'm flying somewhere.

Wherever the new cruise terminal ends up it need to have a proper terminal building with good vehicle access, good public transport links, and plenty of undercover seating in case of delays (says someone who stood in heavy rain at Circular Quay, for almost an hour, waiting to board Sea Princess because some selfish gits decided that the customs check didn't apply to them).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No way do I eant to go near Sydney airport to check-in for a cruise. It's bad enough having to go there if I'm flying somewhere.

Wherever the new cruise terminal ends up it need to have a proper terminal building with good vehicle access, good public transport links, and plenty of undercover seating in case of delays (says someone who stood in heavy rain at Circular Quay, for almost an hour, waiting to board Sea Princess because some selfish gits decided that the customs check didn't apply to them).

One of the proposals was to have check in off site .

Only a provisional thigh,I don’t know how it would work.

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

image.thumb.gif.13cc491ecffbece1d9edca79a4faeca7.gif

45 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

One of the proposals was to have check in off site .

Only a provisional thigh,I don’t know how it would work.

Probably White Bay terminal then a tedious bus ride! Why build a new check-in terminal when they can use the white elephant.