So White Bay???

GUT2407

6 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Does anybody know if this deal went through before CMV crashed?

If Carnival Corp didn't get their cash, then the ships might be coming back.

I had read that CMV only leased the ships, the ships are owned by a different company

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I had read that CMV only leased the ships, the ships are owned by a different company

I think you will find that nearly all cruise ships are either leased or mortgaged to the hilt .

Yet another example of interdependence.

24 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I think you will find that nearly all cruise ships are either leased or mortgaged to the hilt .

Yet another example of interdependence.

From what I understand, Carnival Corp's ships are owned by each its subsidiaries (Princess, Cunard, P&O etc.)  Carnival Corp has borrowed massive amounts and would have put up its assets as collateral, but I don't think the ships could be referred to as "mortgaged". That term usually refers to real estate.🙂

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

From what I understand, Carnival Corp's ships are owned by each its subsidiaries (Princess, Cunard, P&O etc.)  Carnival Corp has borrowed massive amounts and would have put up its assets as collateral, but I don't think the ships could be referred to as "mortgaged". That term usually refers to real estate.🙂

Cruise ships are real estate these days in that they are floating blocks of apartments .

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Some people cannot learn.

Yarra bay sailing club would be a ideal campus.if we put on a free lunch maybe @gbenjo would be the dean of RC propaganda . Playing nonstop those Royal videos until they break.

They would walk out of there loyal members of crown and anchor society.

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Mortgages are a security on the land whether or not anything is built on it.

It's acceptable to use for other property too.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-17/behind-royal-caribbean-s-lifeline-a-shrewd-bond-market-maneuver

(Or more formally:)

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000110465918044035/a18-16360_1ex10d1.htm

Of course, technically they are arranging some sort of finance, usually bonds for the long term or loans for the short term, to provide funding for the ships.

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

This was in Cruise News on 8th September.

Five ships from Cruise & Maritime Voyages will be auctioned off via CW Kellock & Co in October as five separate lots.

Up for Auction
- 1993-built Vasco Da Gama (Bid Deadline October 😎
- 1989-built Columbus (Bid Deadline October 12)
- 1985-built Magellan (Bid Deadline October 19)
- 1987-built Astor (Bid Deadline October 15)
- 1965-built Marco Polo (Bid Deadline October 22)

The Astoria is officially "chartered".

They might be owned by South Quay Travel & Leisure Limited (In Administration) trading as Cruise & Maritime Voyages (Australia), which is the way CMV was set up.  

I have read that one of the directors has bought much of the office ware and passenger lists and it looks like it might resurface as a phoenix.

I note that the two P&O ships (Pacific Dawn and Pacific Aria) are shown on a website for CMV as "having been purchased from P&O Australia, but not having entered service yet." Pacific Dawn was to be named Amelia Earhart and the Pacific Aria was to be the Ida Pfeiffer. It was stated that the former CEO of CMV has purchased the passenger lists and other intellectual property of CMV and the office equipment and that he intends to resurrect the cruise line. He did not buy any of the ships that were operating as CMV ships. I wonder if he intends to buy the former P&O ships. Wait and see.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Yarra bay sailing club would be a ideal campus.if we put on a free lunch maybe @gbenjo would be the dean of RC propaganda . Playing nonstop those Royal videos until they break.

They would walk out of there loyal members of crown and anchor society.

I had some great luncheons at ye olde Yarra Bay SC, back in the 90's.  That is 1990's NOT 1890's !! 🤣

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I note that the two P&O ships (Pacific Dawn and Pacific Aria) are shown on a website for CMV as "having been purchased from P&O Australia, but not having entered service yet." Pacific Dawn was to be named Amelia Earhart and the Pacific Aria was to be the Ida Pfeiffer. It was stated that the former CEO of CMV has purchased the passenger lists and other intellectual property of CMV and the office equipment and that he intends to resurrect the cruise line. He did not buy any of the ships that were operating as CMV ships. I wonder if he intends to buy the former P&O ships. Wait and see.

I would think he would likely try and lease them again.

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

It's acceptable to use for other property too.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-17/behind-royal-caribbean-s-lifeline-a-shrewd-bond-market-maneuver

(Or more formally:)

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000110465918044035/a18-16360_1ex10d1.htm

Of course, technically they are arranging some sort of finance, usually bonds for the long term or loans for the short term, to provide funding for the ships.

Learn something every day.

Wont go into liens then.🤐

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Vader1111 said:

How many ships will be left, which can actually use White Elephant Bay?

P&O

Pacific Explorer - yes

Pacific Adventure - no

Pacific Encounter - no

** Are P&O really down to just 3 ships, with Dawn & Aria having been sold to CMV just before they went belly-up?

Princess

Coral Princess - no

Sapphire Princess - no

Emerald Princess - no

Royal Princess - no

HAL

MS Oosterdam - yes

As far as I can tell, there are only two ships (regularly based in Australia) capable of operating from White Elephant Bay - Pacific Explorer and MS Oosterdam.  Looking at Pacific Explorer's cruise schedule, I can see cruises departing from Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle - everywhere except Sydney.  Oosterdam is only based here for a few months of the year.

Time to shut this White Elephant down, once and for all.

** EDIT - Coral Princess is a no.  She's 62m tall, height under the Coathanger is 49m.

Pacific Adventure was scheduled to dock multiple times at White Bay between Oct 2020 and Jan 2021 so they must have figured out a way to let it through the Harbour Bridge. Yes you got this right as I was surprised when I saw this as well (when it sailed as Golden Princess it never docked at WB AFAIK).

Port Authority NSW used to have a detailed listing on their website but this apparently is taken down due to the current climate.

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

29 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

Pacific Adventure was scheduled to dock multiple times at White Bay between Oct 2020 and Jan 2021 so they must have figured out a way to let it through the Harbour Bridge.

I think this is one of those, I'll believe it when I see it, things.

Golden Princess was supposed to go into Singapore for a spruce and repaint (and some extra cabins?) before joining P&O this month. She's currently sitting offshore from Singapore not doing very much. But whatever they were going to do to her, I can't see it involving cutting 14m off her superstructure so she can fit under the bridge.

• Like 1