NEW- ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES UPDATES TO 2021 SUMMER CRUISES

jtintex

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is what I was told.  I asked for the new itineraries.  Makes sense and makes transferring people over easy.

I'm hoping we are both correct! I was on the 6/17/21 Adventure sailing, 10 Day Ultimate Scandinavia. I'm chatting with them via Twitter now to try and get a handle on what the new days look like. I will keep this thread updated! 

1 minute ago, jholzhauser said:

I'm hoping we are both correct! I was on the 6/17/21 Adventure sailing, 10 Day Ultimate Scandinavia. I'm chatting with them via Twitter now to try and get a handle on what the new days look like. I will keep this thread updated! 

You want to talk to the redeployment desk...not their twitter feed for accurate information.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You want to talk to the redeployment desk...not their twitter feed for accurate information.

You're right... the girl I just talked to was clueless. Do you know of a number or email to get information via the redeployment desk?

• Thanks 1

We haven't got our letter yet, but from what others are posting it sounds like we are losing St.Petersburg on our Adventure June 27th. cruise. While I would prefer Jewel to Adventure anyways, spending two days in St. Petersburg was one of our main reasons for booking this cruise. Guess we'll just take the refund and book again once the 2022 itineraries come out. 

Does anyone know if it makes a difference that we booked through a Big Box travel agency as to why we haven't received our letter yet? Do we have to wait for the travel agent to contact us?

Edited by cello56

25 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Sorry that your drive will be a little longer. We will have to drive to Miami instead of taking an Uber to Port Everglades. But I have my fingers crossed that our itinerary does not change, this cruise was going to Antigua (never been there and St. Lucia (only been there once), so I was really looking forward to it.

You are blessed to live close to the Ports! We prefer Port Canaveral because that's an eight hour drive for us. Getting there is easy, but we drive straight thru to get home so my husband can work the next day. 

4 minutes ago, cello56 said:

We haven't got our letter yet, but from what others are posting it sounds like we are losing St.Petersburg on our Adventure June 27th. cruise. While I would prefer Jewel to Adventure anyways, spending two days in St. Petersburg was one of our main reasons for booking this cruise. Guess we'll just take the refund and book again once the 2022 itineraries come out. 

Does anyone know if it makes a difference that we booked through a Big Box travel agency as to why we haven't received our letter yet? Do we have to wait for the travel agent to contact us?

I was told all the itineraries from AD are transferring directly to JW with no changes.

Letters for AD have not gone out yet and wont be until later tonight or tomorrow.

We are happy about the change.  We were on a 3/16 Independence 5 day cruise that was cancelled on the evening of 3/13. My son and girlfriend were also going and he planned to propose.  Our daughter and her boyfriend were going too.  We were in Inside cabins to save the young ones some money.  Needless to say, we were so disappointed.  Luckily we were driving from Illinois to KY to pick up my daughter then driving to FL, so we just hopped in the car and made a trip to Clearwater where my son proposed on the beach.  We took the 125% FCC's and were able to book on the 5/8 Brilliance for 8 days in balcony cabins for an additional $100 each.  Soon after there was a price drop and we ended up getting the fare paid in full with $100 in FCC coming.  Now we find out that we get to sail on the Independence after all, in balconies, and possibly a southern Caribbean cruise where the kids have never been!  

My only concern was about where we would be moved to on the new ship.  I'm not sure if the agent linked our reservations when we booked but I went in as soon as I got the email and added the reservations on the Royal site.  I hope that is enough to keep us together as we had 3 cabins in a row.  Anyone have any experience with this who has an idea of how it works?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was told all the itineraries from AD are transferring directly to JW with no changes.

Letters for AD have not gone out yet and wont be until later tonight or tomorrow.

Ken, where did you get the confirmation that Adventure itineraries will directly transfer to Jewel? That's my one main worry, losing my overnight in Russia. I have gone before and LOVED it! Would love to get your insight so I can feel a little more confident haha 

1 minute ago, jholzhauser said:

Ken, where did you get the confirmation that Adventure itineraries will directly transfer to Jewel? That's my one main worry, losing my overnight in Russia. I have gone before and LOVED it! Would love to get your insight so I can feel a little more confident haha 

From the redeployment desk at Royal that is dealing with all these changes

11 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

You are blessed to live close to the Ports! We prefer Port Canaveral because that's an eight hour drive for us. Getting there is easy, but we drive straight thru to get home so my husband can work the next day. 

I am so disappointed, I lost Antigua!

8C588247-6BBB-4654-B8F9-4C3CE5D3BA32.jpeg

45 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Watching videos of the Royal Loft & Owners Loft I don't like that they are at the back of the ship. I like mid ship for Alaska. Celebrity Solstice PH suite has amazing views.

Both have side balconies as well as aft ones.  I am going this summer in a GL and booked the side one for that reason.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Aug 5th.  Would have preferred Adventure but JW will be fine

I agree with you there, I was looking forward to going on Adventure. I had never been on her. However I have a soft spot for Jewel. I sailed her on my honeymoon a few years back. Have you booked any of your excursions yet? Wondering if they will transfer over as well. I haven't yet on my end.

44 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Only one problem with Adventure to Jewel. 

10 Owners Suites on Adventure and 5 on Jewel.  23 Grand Suites on Adventure and 15 on Jewel.

Who will be downgraded?  

As you are the one that found this special pricing, we definitely cannot let you get downgraded 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jholzhauser said:

I agree with you there, I was looking forward to going on Adventure. I had never been on her. However I have a soft spot for Jewel. I sailed her on my honeymoon a few years back. Have you booked any of your excursions yet? Wondering if they will transfer over as well. I haven't yet on my end.

I only booked the cruise yesterday so hadn't even thought about excursions.  Interesting idea about the transfer over.  usually they don't but if everything is the same I don't see why they couldn't move everything over

55 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Only one problem with Adventure to Jewel. 

10 Owners Suites on Adventure and 5 on Jewel.  23 Grand Suites on Adventure and 15 on Jewel.

Who will be downgraded?  

Couple of 2 bedroom GS's I think

Plus some 2 bedroom OS's

I mightbe fine with one of the ultra spacious OV's and a little OBC. Really don't need suite perks other than dbl points😉

Edited by John&LaLa