Facts Only Please

locksley10

@locksley10  I saw this.  Consider that during the vast majority of this time frame, all but approximately 3/4 weeks, the major cruise lines were not sailing with guests out of US waters. 

“Cumulative surveillance data reported to CDC from March 1 through September 29, 2020, shows at least 3,689 COVID-19 or COVID-like illness cases on cruise ships in U.S. waters, in addition to at least 41 reported deaths. We recognize these numbers are likely incomplete and an underestimate”.

Source, CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0930-no-sail-order.html

41 minutes ago, locksley10 said:

Thank you all for just the facts.

I was trying to get a sense of how many thought the cruise lines should be given a chance to restart.

Does anybody on this board think the cruise lines should be given a chance to restart?

Why didn't you ask that, then?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, locksley10 said:

I was trying to get a sense of how many thought the cruise lines should be given a chance to restart.

Does anybody on this board think the cruise lines should be given a chance to restart?

I would guess that almost everybody on this board thinks the cruise lines should be given a chance to restart.  Was there ever any doubt that they would be given that chance?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, locksley10 said:

Under what conditions?

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@locksley10  I saw this.  Consider that during the vast majority of this time frame, all but approximately 3/4 weeks, the major cruise lines were not sailing with guests out of US waters. 

“Cumulative surveillance data reported to CDC from March 1 through September 29, 2020, shows at least 3,689 COVID-19 or COVID-like illness cases on cruise ships in U.S. waters, in addition to at least 41 reported deaths. We recognize these numbers are likely incomplete and an underestimate”.

Source, CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0930-no-sail-order.html

With the words "at least" everywhere, none of this is fact. The reason the CDC can't provide information is because there methods to collect and verify it were broken to begin with. I would not be crazy to think the deaths due to covid directly was only 10% of the number. I would also say the number of positives would probably have been higher.

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

With the words "at least" everywhere, none of this is fact. The reason the CDC can't provide information is because there methods to collect and verify it were broken to begin with. I would not be crazy to think the deaths due to covid directly was only 10% of the number. I would also say the number of positives would probably have been higher.

They wanted stats.  I just copied the link. The CDC also says it should be higher. I can’t speak to that being true or not. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, bigrednole said:

That's like trying to explain what color the letter 7 smells like! 😁

BigRed:

Well, doesn't everyone know the answer to that?!  And if you're not smart enough to figure that out,

I'm not going to tell you.

• Haha 2

On 9/28/2020 at 10:00 AM, locksley10 said:

How many people left the U.S. on a 7 day or less cruise and contracted covid on the cruise ships pre shutdown?

How many Died?

Data source please.

Data source:

PPN (Propaganda News Network).  Now providing all the news everywhere for the world.

This thread is like, I can't smell that that wearing a mask or washing / disinfecting my hands frequently will make COVID disapear, so because I can't see or feel it i will ignore doing so. "facts please" "source", somethimes a bit of common sense and doing your own research, we have this great tool caled the interent, would be much more usefull.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LXA350 said:

This thread is like, I can't smell that that wearing a mask or washing / disinfecting my hands frequently will make COVID disapear, so because I can't see or feel it i will ignore doing so. "facts please" "source", somethimes a bit of common sense and doing your own research, we have this great tool caled the interent, would be much more usefull.

Mix some sugar water up, put your Covid tampon on - can you smell/taste the sugar water?! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Over 500,000 thousand people cruised per week in 2019. First 3 months of 2020 new records were being set. How many people did NOT contract Covid 19 and did not die.  I will guess the number in under 100th of a percent. World wide contraction is at 0.03%  Facts go either way. 

Is; "I  will guess the number..." part of your "facts" which go either way?

Please explain your reasoning on how this works.

Let's attack this a different way.  How many people KNOW someone who has passed away from Covid-19?  

Many know of people who CLAIM they've had it, or have tested positive.  There are MANY false positives.

So the numbers that CNN and every other new outlets broadcast are vastly false.  What does this mean?  That it MAY be slightly worse than the flu, yet "THEY" shut the world down and brought the travel industry and many other small businesses to a grinding halt.  FOR WHAT....... money.

The CDC is a business.......a businesses funded by the government that produces VACCINES.  Vaccines that are patented.  

I see where Loxley is going......just that MANY want to believe what the media tells them and subsequently follow like sheep.

Follow the money....... simple

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dssking said:

Let's attack this a different way.  How many people KNOW someone who has passed away from Covid-19?  

Many know of people who CLAIM they've had it, or have tested positive.  There are MANY false positives.

So the numbers that CNN and every other new outlets broadcast are vastly false.  What does this mean?  That it MAY be slightly worse than the flu, yet "THEY" shut the world down and brought the travel industry and many other small businesses to a grinding halt.  FOR WHAT....... money.

The CDC is a business.......a businesses funded by the government that produces VACCINES.  Vaccines that are patented.  

I see where Loxley is going......just that MANY want to believe what the media tells them and subsequently follow like sheep.

Follow the money....... simple

It's not slightly worse than the flu. There have been over 200,000 more deaths in the US this year than average. Research "excess mortality". The numbers are real.

Edited by time4u2go

Just now, time4u2go said:

It's not slightly worse than the flu. There have been over 200,000 more deaths in the US this year than average. The numbers are real.

How do you know they're real?  Because CNN said so?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dssking said:

How do you know they're real?  Because CNN said so?  

No. Because Johns Hopkins says so, among others. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-10-13/covid-19-taking-huge-toll-in-excess-us-deaths. If you research excess mortality you can find plenty of information on it.

Edited by time4u2go

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

No. Because Johns Hopkins says so, among others. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-10-13/covid-19-taking-huge-toll-in-excess-us-deaths. If you research excess mortality you can find plenty of information on it.

Mortality rate is 0.03% of dying from Covid. Is that reason to be locked up and have the world shut down?

4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

It's not slightly worse than the flu. There have been over 200,000 more deaths in the US this year than average. Research "excess mortality". The numbers are real.

I know people are dying with COVID19. The boss lost one weekend before last. Bad stuff. My son, ICU Nurse, who came up for his birthday, has had many die with COVID19. All these people had a pre existing condition. 

As long as we pay a 20% “bonus” for COVID19, lots of people die with COVID19. It’s not really measurable. Patients without insurance are paid in full plus the 20% just as long as they have COVID19. A positive COVID19 test is not required. 

That’s a fact Jack. 

M8

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I know people are dying with COVID19. The boss lost one weekend before last. Bad stuff. My son, ICU Nurse, who came up for his birthday, has had many die with COVID19. All these people had a pre existing condition. 

As long as we pay a 20% “bonus” for COVID19, lots of people die with COVID19. It’s not really measurable. Patients without insurance are paid in full plus the 20% just as long as they have COVID19. A positive COVID19 test is not required. 

That’s a fact Jack. .

M8

I don't doubt that there is some question in reporting covid-19 deaths, but the fact is, more than 200,000 more people have died this year in the US than normally would have. 

4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I don't doubt that there is some question in reporting covid-19 deaths, but the fact is, more than 200,000 more people have died this year in the US than normally would have. 

What are the normal total deaths in 2019 as compared to 2020? I’ve looked for a source and have not found one. That 200k number is supposed to be COVID19 deaths. I think many are with COVID19 and  not from COVID19. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s a fact Jack. 

M8

Dying with Covid and dying FROM Covid are two very different things.  Hospitals get paid for covid cases and even more for covid deaths.  So if a skydiver's chute didn't open, the hospital would deem it a covid death.  That's how rediculous this is.

• Thanks 1