Facts Only Please

locksley10

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What are the normal total deaths in 2019 as compared to 2020? I’ve looked for a source and have not found one. That 200k number is supposed to be COVID19 deaths. I think many are with COVID19 and  not from COVID19. 

M8

There's a good chart here https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm, about halfway down the page.  You can also download the raw data from that site.  The 200K number I was referring to was for all deaths, no matter the cause.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2020 at 8:23 PM, dssking said:

The CDC is a business.......a businesses funded by the government that produces VACCINES.  Vaccines that are patented.  

CDC nor the government produces vaccines.  Private business produces vaccines that are patented for profit. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

On 10/18/2020 at 9:09 PM, time4u2go said:

There's a good chart here https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm, about halfway down the page.  You can also download the raw data from that site.  The 200K number I was referring to was for all deaths, no matter the cause.

I didn’t have much luck with this data. Maybe because I’m trying to view on my iPhone?  Very busy. How do you find the deaths year to date 2020 as compared to the previous year(s)?  I don’t care about with or without COVID19. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

Please cite a source regarding your skydiver claim.

I don’t know about a skydiver but I suspect it was used as an example. 

The following happened here and am not going back to find the source. In the early days of summer, a motorcycle rider, I believe in Orlando, died as a result of a crashing. He was counted as a COVID19 death although he died with COVID19 because of his injuries. It’s a FACT that many deaths are counted as WITH COVID19 and not FROM COVID19. Its simple, healthcare is paid a 20% bonus and self pays (no insurance) are covered as well. Self Pays are generally folded into the system and causes your (in general) costs to go up. 

M8

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I didn’t have much luck with this data. Maybe because I’m trying to view on my iPhone?  Very busy. How do you find the deaths year to date 2020 as compared to the previous year(s)?  I don’t care about with or without COVID19. 

Thanks

I don't know what it looks like on an iPhone, but on a computer, there's a Download button at the bottom right of the chart.  After selecting that, you can select Data.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I don't know what it looks like on an iPhone, but on a computer, there's a Download button at the bottom right of the chart.  After selecting that, you can select Data.

I have a ride this morning. I’ll try to drag out my laptop later. Can you just give the number, year to year comparisons?  I suspect it goes up every year with added population?  

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have a ride this morning. I’ll try to drag out my laptop later. Can you just give the number, year to year comparisons?  I suspect it goes up every year with added population?  

Thanks

Number of deaths, from the first week of January through the first week of October:

2020: 2,476,485

2019: 2,181,384

2018: 2,182,135

2017: 2,089,832 (the first week of January is missing from 2017, but it looks like it would be about 60,000, bringing this total to 2,149,832)

Edited by time4u2go
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Number of deaths, from the first week of January through the first week of October:

2020: 2,476,485

2019: 2,181,384

2018: 2,182,135

2017: 2,089,832 (the first week of January is missing from 2017, but it looks like it would be about 60,000, bringing this total to 2,149,832)

Does it break deaths down by age and a comparison from preceding years?

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t know about a skydiver but I suspect it was used as an example. 

The following happened here and am not going back to find the source. In the early days of summer, a motorcycle rider, I believe in Orlando, died as a result of a crashing. He was counted as a COVID19 death although he died with COVID19 because of his injuries. It’s a FACT that many deaths are counted as WITH COVID19 and not FROM COVID19. Its simple, healthcare is paid a 20% bonus and self pays (no insurance) are covered as well. Self Pays are generally folded into the system and causes your (in general) costs to go up. 

M8

https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-who-died-in-motorcycle-crash-counted-as-covid-19-death-in-florida-report

His name was also listed in that NYT piece (one of the first lines) that had every covid19 victim's name in a spread/memorial/article.  Trying to dig it up but i'm sure BigBrother silicone valley has wiped it from the internet.  

• Thanks 1

The CDC just published this data on excess deaths in 2020 as compared to normal years.   From January 26 through October 3, 216,000 deaths were formally attributed to COVID.  During that same period there were, in fact, 299,000 more deaths than occur during that period in a normal year. The inference is that COVID has killed many more people than the formal death counts.  

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm?s_cid=mm6942e2_w

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, junglejane said:

The CDC just published this data on excess deaths in 2020 as compared to normal years.   From January 26 through October 3, 216,000 deaths were formally attributed to COVID.  During that same period there were, in fact, 299,000 more deaths than occur during that period in a normal year. The inference is that COVID has killed many more people than the formal death counts.  

So based on current US Population of 331 million, that’s .0009 deaths in our population probably associated with COVID19? 

No death is good thing. 

43 minutes ago, junglejane said:

That matches up with what I'm seeing here: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm.

While there is no doubt some dubious reporting of COVID-related deaths for financial purposes, the fact that nearly 300,000 more deaths have occurred than normal is very telling.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

That matches up with what I'm seeing here: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm.

While there is no doubt some dubious reporting of COVID-related deaths for financial purposes, the fact that nearly 300,000 more deaths have occurred than normal is very telling.

Yep. .0009 of our population have died with COVID19 year to date. I would really like to know of these, how many died as COVID19 being the primary reason. 

5 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

To recover their huge R&D costs upfront.

Which I am fine with. Nothing is free. 

I was responding to someone who said the CDC and government make and sell vaccines for profit, which is not the case. . 

"To recover their huge R&D costs upfront."

Governments are indirectly subsidizing the development and production of some of these vaccines.  The US and other countries have already purchased the vaccines that are undergoing testing.  Production on several vaccines has started so that supply is ready if the vaccines are approved.  The US has already spent billions on these vaccines.  If the vaccines aren't approved, the supplies will be destroyed.  I'm fine with this approach to speed up development of the vaccines and have supplies available as soon as they are approved.  

Edited by ipeeinthepool

1 hour ago, John Reid said:

No, actually 100% correct.

So the heroin overdose I saw in the ER would not have died if she had not had COVID? 

The motorcycle rider with the closed head injury at my hospital would have miraculously survived his subdural hematoma if not for the Covid in his body? 

It is infuriating when the un-informed such as yourself make ridiculous comments about a topic you clearly do not understand. 

it has been stated millions of times all over the web “there IS a difference between dying WITH Covid, and dying FROM Covid” The published numbers are not a fair representation of either cohort. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Currently there have been 8.6M cases of confirmed Covid 19. That's approximately 1/38 of the total population of the US. Let's say that an extra 50% of the people who have had covid haven't been tested, for a total number of positive cases of 13M - 4%of the total US population. 

This means we could have 7.5 MILLION deaths if Covid isn't controlled somehow.

I want to go on a cruise as badly as everyone else, but it's not worth dying for.

19 minutes ago, Susan in Maine said:

Currently there have been 8.6M cases of confirmed Covid 19. That's approximately 1/38 of the total population of the US. Let's say that an extra 50% of the people who have had covid haven't been tested, for a total number of positive cases of 13M - 4%of the total US population. 

This means we could have 7.5 MILLION deaths if Covid isn't controlled somehow.

I want to go on a cruise as badly as everyone else, but it's not worth dying for.

That’s some tricky arithmetic you’ve conjured up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Susan in Maine said:

No one (that I've seen reported) is dying due to cruising in Italy, Germany, Greece, Canaries, Taiwan......

As weird as it may sound, compared to some places in Italy, you might be safer on a cruise than on land.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This is a Fact

Some die WITH COVID19 

Some die FROM COVID19 

ALL are counted as a COVID19 death. 

M8

That is the case in the UK too from a doctor friend plus we were told some  people have covid put on the death certificate when they hadn't even been tested.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1