Facts Only Please

locksley10

54 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s the theory.😉

I sometimes wonder though if it was man made VS a natural occurrence. It seems so strong, and has not weakened since it’s known life expectancy from last fall to today. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but it does make me wonder. 

This makes me think of the gypsy moth. Someone bred a new one, a few got loose, and now they are a scourge. I presume you also have them in your neck of the woods. They are destroying one of my trees.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

This makes me think of the gypsy moth. Someone bred a new one, a few got loose, and now they are a scourge. I presume you also have them in your neck of the woods. They are destroying one of my trees.

Mainly needle trees in my yard, but they are here and in full force. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That is the best example of #fakenews ever😉🤣🤣

Theoretical worst case scenario. But it's not zero either.

The NH Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is notifying residents about potential exposures related to the Sturgis, SD, Motorcycle Rally held August 7-16. There have been more than 100 confirmed cases associated with the Sturgis event, including six New Hampshire residents.

https://www.nh.gov/covid19/resources-guidance/special-notices.htm

Edited by Pratique

10 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

And oh so fast it spread......and to think....that one person getting infected may have ended the existence of Princess Cruises.

To be fair to Princess, they were not in the driver seat after the fact.  Most of the spreading happened while the ship was quarantined under the control of the port/government.  Perhaps the quarantine itself was deeply flawed, not the cruiseship.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mpk said:

To be fair to Princess, they were not in the driver seat after the fact.  Most of the spreading happened while the ship was quarantined under the control of the port/government.  Perhaps the quarantine itself was deeply flawed, not the cruiseship.

But the cruise ship staff controlled the quarantine

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pratique said:

Well as long as we're having fun it's all good. Honestly working from home like a hermit has been great, no commute, no gas, no tolls, no traffic, even my auto insurance gave me a partial refund. There has to be an upside.

Same here, Saved a fortune last 6 months staying home. No movies, eating out, shopping or Cruises/Airfare. Even sold my second car. Haven't had this much $$$$$ on hand in years

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Understand joking but know some people always dream in Color and actually picture numbers in Color, always the same match. 

I know this very well. There is an autistic genius somewhere (England maybe) that saw all numbers in colors. They were able to recite Pi to some odd 100,000 decimal places. But yes, it was 100% sarcasm and joking to a question that has no data or facts.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, locksley10 said:

How many people left the U.S. on a 7 day or less cruise and contracted covid on the cruise ships pre shutdown?

How many Died?

Data source please.

Not sure how this data would affect the decision to restart cruises, but here goes.

The no sail order was issued March 14.  As of Feb 23, public health agencies had detected 14 cases of covid (1 in 23.4 million).  (Source, https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6922e1.htm)  So, the likelihood of any of those 14 people getting on a cruise before the shutdown is pretty remote.  How many cases do we have in the US today?  7.1 million (one in 46 people).  So, how does the fact that no one contracted covid on a cruise ship prior to the shutdown have any bearing on today?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Not sure how this data would affect the decision to restart cruises, but here goes.

The no sail order was issued March 14.  As of Feb 23, public health agencies had detected 14 cases of covid (1 in 23.4 million).  (Source, https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6922e1.htm)  So, the likelihood of any of those 14 people getting on a cruise before the shutdown is pretty remote.  How many cases do we have in the US today?  7.1 million (one in 46 people).  So, how does the fact that no one contracted covid on a cruise ship prior to the shutdown have any bearing on today?

I agree with your conclusion but I think the comparison (if any) should be to currently active cases not total cases. In any event things will be handled differently now.

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Do you honestly believe there was only 14 cases of covid in the U.S at this time.

• Haha 1