OFFICIAL: All November cruises + AU/Asia until May 2021 cancelled

mikkelhansen

48 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I was just looking on Celebrity's website yesterday at the Asian cruises. Most categories full less some suites. The last info I've seen was that FCC must be used by April 2022. Has Celebrity extended that date?

Currently FCCs must be applied to a booking by 12/31/21 and the cruise must start by 5/4/22.

Edited by jelayne
typo
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks OP for posting this. I just checked the X website and our Apr 21 Millennium cruises around Japan and back to Vancouver have definitely disappeared. 

My Apr 4, 2021 & Apr 15th, 2021 have also disappeared, but I have not received an official notice from Celebrity yet.

36 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

My Apr 4, 2021 & Apr 15th, 2021 have also disappeared, but I have not received an official notice from Celebrity yet.

Us neither. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the cancellation notice. Probably not too long. It will also be interesting to see how long it takes to get the new FCC coupons as we used some from another cancelled cruise to pay for one of these now cancelled cruises.

With the latest cancellations. I went to Celebrity's website to see how many cruises Celebrity has through the end of the year. Of those how many cruises dont start or end in the US. I came with 11 Galapagos cruises and 2 Argentina cruises. 😨

Just received a text message from Celebrity - IT IS OFFICIAL -  all sailings on or before November 30th, 2020 have been cancelled.

"Celebrity Cruises will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on or before November 30th, 2020, as well as our Winter 2020/21 season in Asia and Australia. Unfortunately, our extended suspension now includes cancellation of your upcoming voyage. "

Edited by Ravbo

Also just received an email confirming my March 2021 New Zealand cruise has been cancelled.  As with other cancelled cruises I’ve been offered a 125% FCC or 100% refund.  Since my cruise was cancelled prior to final payment date I am interpreting the cancellation wording to be my FCC or refund is based on what I have paid, not based on the full price of the cruise. Although that makes sense does anyone think X would let me rebook another cruise with a price up to 125% of my current cruise but use my original cruise price?  There is a similar itinerary in 2022 however it is one day longer and until now hasn’t qualified for lift and shift. I would like to switch to it. Given current cruise pricing that is the only way to make me whole.  I will call X and ask but appreciate any examples others have experienced.

Edited by RickT

Does anyone else find it puzzling that they would cancel the entire Asia and Australia winter cruising season but not the U.S. winter cruising season when the U.S. has COVID raging at much, much higher rates than those regions? Just as a comparison on October 2nd, the most recent date I am seeing for Australia data, they had 18 cases in one day, China had 21 cases, Japan had 652 cases, compared to 53,404 in the U.S. It’s like a world upside down...

• Like 2

We also received our e-mail about thirty minutes ago that our Asian sailings are cancelled.  I had been expecting this to happen as the embarkation port would have been Yokohama, and I suspect it will be some time before Japan will accept cruise ships.  

We were on the Solstice in March on what would have been a B2B2B2B when passenger operations were suspended and we left after the first leg.  And then we were scheduled to be on the Eclipse September 25th sailing Vancouver to Yokohama and the following leg to Singapore (we would have been on the Eclipse today-- sigh).  Now this B2B pairing has been cancelled.  Heaven only knows when we will be on another cruise.

If anyone still wants to see the TA-oriented document directly from the website, it's now available on this URL: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/RCL_Suspension_Cruising___10-5-2020.pdf

The .pdf was also uploaded by @SkierRobUMN in post #26. There doesn't seem to be any differences in the earlier version and the current version, other than the edited URL.

23 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

Just got my notification. Can you lift and shift it to anything or do they just give you a FCC? 

According to this document, you can L&S until October 16, 2020. So don't hesitate for too long.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/ITK/CEL_GSS_CWC_Overview_Grid___10-5-2020.pdf

27 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Does anyone else find it puzzling that they would cancel the entire Asia and Australia winter cruising season but not the U.S. winter cruising season when the U.S. has COVID raging at much, much higher rates than those regions? Just as a comparison on October 2nd, the most recent date I am seeing for Australia data, they had 18 cases in one day, China had 21 cases, Japan had 652 cases, compared to 53,404 in the U.S. It’s like a world upside down...

I expected the Asia season to be cancelled.  As it stands the Eclipse and Millie wouldn't get to Asia until December.  Some main ports  like Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo are not allowing tourist and indications are that opening to tourists may be slowly phased in.

With the season ending in April it  be a short season, with a lot of logistical challenges with ports not open  and countries limiting entry to non-citizens.

49 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Maybe it has to do with port restrictions.

Or maybe more bad news lies ahead.

Hopefully   not.

Glad we did our lift and shift  of Connie 2021, and cancelled APEX  ( already back on credit card) before this new wave of cancellations!

29 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Maybe it is because those countries are limiting international travel or passengers from certain areas.

But I agree that it does not make sense to think that we will be cruising in the U S winter season either. Things don’t seem to be getting better here any time soon

2 minutes ago, Babr said:

Maybe it is because those countries are limiting international travel or passengers from certain areas.

But I agree that it does not make sense to think that we will be cruising in the U S winter season either. Things don’t seem to be getting better here any time soon

However I frankly doubt if any cruising will take place and that includes the US. I know lots of us want to get back on a ship, but not with the current situation. It’s is unfortunate and we didn’t have to be in this situation, but we are now. I admire the countries like Australia and New Zealand who got a grip on the pandemic. 

• Like 2