Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

41 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s very kind Andy, but you are certainly no less eloquent and you also blend that with the skill to maintain a jolly persona at times when those of us who are less restrained can tend to bite! I really admire that in you. I have a ‘fantasy P&O dining table’ in my mind and you and Michelle are definitely on the list! I have only had the pleasure of meeting a few fellow CC members ‘in the flesh’ (Britboys, mercury7289 and ehg spring to mind) and can confirm that they are every bit as pleasant and interesting as you would think from their posts. In fact Andrew (Britboys) is another CC contributor who I have huge admiration for, as his posts are always interesting, considered and he never gets embroiled in the more tetchy conversations. I keep reminding myself that I should take a leaf out of his book, but I often fail 😂 

Thank you for your kind words Selbourne, hopefully we can share that table one day. 

I agree about Andrew, I think we all wish we had his tolerance and balance. 

Andy 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, happy v said:

I was there Graham, used to go every week. It was called the Mecca when we first went.

I saw wishbone ash at the Mecca as well.

The Rink and  Zhivago's were my teenage haunts.

There is a big Tesco now where the Mecca was.

Edited by grapau27

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Bruce Forsythe I think? on one of his  many game shows.

Avril

Good morning Avril :classic_smile:  " Nice To See You ...To See You Nice "  Welcome to The Generation Game !

Or better known as the CC P&O forum these days :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

On 10/18/2020 at 9:06 PM, SarahHben said:

As a newcomer to cruising I’ve found YouTube vloggers very helpful and informative. Other than Sean & Stef I only watch the British ones. If they’re making a fool of themselves I’m glad because I find them entertaining and they’ve helped me make more informed choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just like with any field there are people who are willing to share their experience and wisdom on the subject. Before I boarded the ship (not even a cruiser) - I surfed over a few video bloggers talking about what it is like being on the ship.. it was very helpful

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roger88 said:

Just like with any field there are people who are willing to share their experience and wisdom on the subject. Before I boarded the ship (not even a cruiser) - I surfed over a few video bloggers talking about what it is like being on the ship.. it was very helpful

Hi Roger.

My first job after leaving school in 1973 was in a TAs and I used to read lots of holiday brochures.

It was 2003 when we first cruised on Aurora but it was reading brochures where I got my information.

Once we were on board we were hooked on cruising.

Graham.

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Roger.

My first job after leaving school in 1973 was in a TAs and I used to read lots of holiday brochures.

It was 2003 when we first cruised on Aurora but it was reading brochures where I got my information.

Once we were on board we were hooked on cruising.

Graham.

Our first cruise was 15 years ago for our silver wedding. In those days, P&O designated some cruises as anniversary cruises and gave out on board freebies. We could only go in school holidays so without research (no video bloggers), we chose Artemis to Norway and Svalbard in August 2005. That first afternoon and evening took some getting used to but I have to say, we couldn’t have picked a better itinerary even if we had done all the research in the world! Our 40th anniversary cruise was to be Iona’s maiden but we are still waiting.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Just out of interest Roger,  if it was not a ‘cruiser’ what sort of ship was it?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Destroyer, corvette, frigate, aircraft carrier, dreadnought?  Spaceship maybe? 😄

Don’t you think you are being a little unfair to our fellow contributor. Perhaps his posting name is taken from the Jolly Roger because his first introduction to ships was a pirate ship. 😇

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Selbourne said:

That’s very kind Andy, but you are certainly no less eloquent and you also blend that with the skill to maintain a jolly persona at times when those of us who are less restrained can tend to bite! I really admire that in you. I have a ‘fantasy P&O dining table’ in my mind and you and Michelle are definitely on the list! I have only had the pleasure of meeting a few fellow CC members ‘in the flesh’ (Britboys, mercury7289 and ehg spring to mind) and can confirm that they are every bit as pleasant and interesting as you would think from their posts. In fact Andrew (Britboys) is another CC contributor who I have huge admiration for, as his posts are always interesting, considered and he never gets embroiled in the more tetchy conversations. I keep reminding myself that I should take a leaf out of his book, but I often fail 😂 

15 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you for your kind words Selbourne, hopefully we can share that table one day. 

I agree about Andrew, I think we all wish we had his tolerance and balance. 

Andy 

Thank you both for your very kind words ☺️☺️☺️

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Ferry? My first ship - a cross channel ferry 😊

43 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Don’t you think you are being a little unfair to our fellow contributor. Perhaps his posting name is taken from the Jolly Roger because his first introduction to ships was a pirate ship. 😇

Thanks to Rodger , Pete and Sue there is a new thread for you . (like a little poem that :classic_smile:)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Selbourne said:

That’s very kind Andy,

15 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you for your kind words Selbourne,

54 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Thank you both for your very kind words ☺️☺️☺️

Pete says .... And thank you all for writing such kind words about each other 😎😇

and I agree and thank you also :classic_smile:

All together now ...... 🎶 Love Is In The Air 🎶    :classic_biggrin::classic_smile::classic_unsure: 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

Pete says .... And thank you all for writing such kind words about each other 😎😇

All together now ...... 🎶 Love Is In The Air 🎶    :classic_biggrin::classic_smile::classic_unsure: 

Don’t mock Kalos. We are all working hard on our reputation scores 😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, kalos said:

Yeah,but "I love you more than you love me",lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

For that you get a smiley face which I believe could be worth two points :classic_wink:

Onwards & upwards Selbourne :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

And don’t I need them. I looked at the list and got increasingly bored and frustrated at seeing names I recognised but not mine, so I gave up. That’s probably more points deducted. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

And don’t I need them. I looked at the list and got increasingly bored and frustrated at seeing names I recognised but not mine, so I gave up. That’s probably more points deducted. ☹️

I dropped 10 places the day after I made a few posts trashing the whole concept of the ‘reputation’ league table, even though those posts attracted loads of ‘likes’. Just goes to prove what a complete load of tosh it is 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

I don't think it can be that pete. He might be a Roger😉 but he's never very jolly 😊

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1